Resign RM

I was curious what the Board thinks about how long RM might coach the Bills? I am assuming SLU wants to resign him. After some rough patches seems like SLU and RM are a good match. Can he do the last year of his contract plus five more? Looking at some of the older coaches, I think that is a reasonable expectation.

Duke/Krzyzewski 66 years old. Mike looks real good for his age.

Uconn/Calhoun 69 years old. Has had some problems but doesn't look like he plans to hang it up anytime soon.

Cuse/Boeheim 66 years old. Looking like he can go more years.

San Diego St/Fisher 64 years old. The old Michigan coach.

Cal/Montgomery 64 years old. Got his team to the Dance.

N.Carolina/Williams 59 years old. Dam, he looks older than that!

The point is, none of these guys seem to be ready to hang it up. Why should RM?

I want RM as long as he can be here. That being said, I think he'll be here 3 more years due to health, exhaustion, etc. I believe he will leave the program in the hands of a capable assistant (harriman?), with a (then) 3-4 history of winning and a pipeline of recruits.

Calhoun certainly has had his health problems.

Rick seems to have slimmed down a bit over the years. Really! I am hoping for five years but certainly health is a factor. Basketball ball seems to be the love of his life and that can drive a person. Keep swimming Rick and stay as healthy as you can. Here's hoping for five more years.

Here's the way to look at it, after all all knowing Slu72 sees all :unsure: , his mom has passed. He's unwed. He lives in a hotel, granted a very nice hotel. He has no children that I know about. The man's life is basketball and hopefully Billiken basketball.

Tonight, I went to our clubhouse bar and everyone was like, SLU looked good. They could have taken down the Spartys. A couple of guys said they didn't know RM was our coach, otherwise they would've taken the Bills to the sweet 16. Point being, wouldn't you think RM would like his legacy to be how he took a program going nowhere and turned it into a name school? Also, it seems he now believes his SLU is his family. His kids. Didn't he say he wouldn't lie to recruits and that he'd be here?

The emotion that poured out of Conklin on Sunday night would probably have happened no matter who they interviewed. RM loves them, they love him.

Who's ever responsible for getting him an extension should do it now... and be quick about it. Will he leave to coach someplace else? Probably not, unless it's a school like Michigan State where the name of the school, and his, will have recruits calling them. But that's not gonna happen.

In RM we should trust.

You're a good English student, 05, and future senator, remember ? Straighten out the mess in D.C. Larry72, yes, re-sign Rickma pronto. I think you are right, he wants to stay here for the reasons you mentioned. Did anyone else hear RM quickly mention on the radio the other day that another university had contacted him in the past ? Isn't that tampering ? He continued on in the interview by mentioning he tells recruits that he will be at SLU.

You're a good English student, 05, and future senator, remember ? Straighten out the mess in D.C. Larry72, yes, re-sign Rickma pronto. I think you are right, he wants to stay here for the reasons you mentioned. Did anyone else hear RM quickly mention on the radio the other day that another university had contacted him in the past ? Isn't that tampering ? He continued on in the interview by mentioning he tells recruits that he will be at SLU.

I'm blaming Broy if he's not extended, WPJ. By the way, someone said here that they saw SLUPERMAN t's in Columbus. I saw the sign, it was everywhere inside the tent, but didn't see any T's. Of course, I was pretty well blasted inside the tent. Are they out there? Available?

i think its up to Majerus. Health is obviously his major issue. If he wants to ride a glory horse into the sunset,stroking his ego as a savior and promote his genius, what would be better than leaving on a high note after, say,two straight NCAA trips? His first class would be gone (counting Mitchell then).

Of course, having met Dr. Chaifetz and NOT seeing Biondi around much this year maybe the meddling factor is down and he goes for as long as he wants. Going to Iowa to see Friedman would seem to indicate his energy level is up there.

i think its up to Majerus. Health is obviously his major issue. If he wants to ride a glory horse into the sunset,stroking his ego as a savior and promote his genius, what would be better than leaving on a high note after, say,two straight NCAA trips? His first class would be gone (counting Mitchell then).

Of course, having met Dr. Chaifetz and NOT seeing Biondi around much this year maybe the meddling factor is down and he goes for as long as he wants. Going to Iowa to see Friedman would seem to indicate his energy level is up there.

You know, I was disappointed not to see the good Fr. B in Columbus this weekend. He should have been there to press the flesh. This is what scares me about sustaining what went on this weekend. If the Admin and the board aren't behind this 120% it will die again, and we'll sink back into the blackhole of hoops mediocrity.

posted earlier:

true story.... Friday at halftime i was waiting in line for the bathroom next to Chaifetz. The guy on the other side of him asks how long rick is under contact he says 'one more year'. guy then asks how long is he going to stay with us. Chaifetz replies 'however long I want him' then gives me a fist pound as I laughed in approval...... Badass donor right there boy

I think he will stay as long as his health holds out. He is reaping the rewards of his efforts and genius and seems to like SLU and St. Louis so he will stay for what promises to be an increasingly fun ride into the top echelon of college basketball. We would not be where we are without him and the people who made it possible.

You know, I was disappointed not to see the good Fr. B in Columbus this weekend. He should have been there to press the flesh. This is what scares me about sustaining what went on this weekend. If the Admin and the board aren't behind this 120% it will die again, and we'll sink back into the blackhole of hoops mediocrity.

I think that Fr. Biondi was in the orient, possibly Japan or I am quite sure he would have been there. When I have seen him at Lorinzini's near the end of the season he was beaming and certainly should be. It appears he is very pleased with the Billikens success. He is a very smart man and realizes how beneficial this is the state of Saint Louis University.

Also, the admissions folk (and hopefully thereby biondi) are very aware of how big it is to have such a successful team. They were beaming while talking about it. Having other departments on board is bound to help with the institutional support of our team

I was down in Alabama for Spring Break where I talked much needed ###### about the Billikens to everyone I saw. One individual caught me off guard when he said "We [Mississippi State] might get your coach." I laughed hysterically in his face. Their coach just retired and I'm not sure what the sports radio stations are saying down there but this guy was dead serious.

Rick is here until the day he dies. Someone just needs to open up the checkbook and get it done.

I was down in Alabama for Spring Break where I talked much needed ###### about the Billikens to everyone I saw. One individual caught me off guard when he said "We [Mississippi State] might get your coach." I laughed hysterically in his face. Their coach just retired and I'm not sure what the sports radio stations are saying down there but this guy was dead serious.

Rick is here until the day he dies. Someone just needs to open up the checkbook and get it done.

Oh yeah, I bet RM's thrilled about going down to MI ST. Cripes, he'd be huffing and puffing in Dec and January in MI. At least St.L only gets humid from July and August.

Also, the admissions folk (and hopefully thereby biondi) are very aware of how big it is to have such a successful team. They were beaming while talking about it. Having other departments on board is bound to help with the institutional support of our team

We were having breakfast at First Watch and encountered two Billiken fans as we left. Turned out they were from the admissions office. They offered us a ride back to the Holiday Inn. They both represented Saint Louis University very well. I think their names were Eric an Kyle. Good guys. Thanks for the ride and sharing in the joy of a Billiken experience.

We were having breakfast at First Watch and encountered two Billiken fans as we left. Turned out they were from the admissions office. They offered us a ride back to the Holiday Inn. They both represented Saint Louis University very well. I think their names were Eric an Kyle. Good guys. Thanks for the ride and sharing in the joy of a Billiken experience.

Is this them?

Posted Image