SLU v. Michigan St. GDT

I hate losing but I feel better going down fighting. SLU didn't get a good draw and it was mostly due to our loss to X win that and we may've had a better seed. But we didn't and next season we will be even better than this season. So we got a taste now it is time to go back to work and get ready for next year.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember some other coach saying that playing Rick Majerus's teams is like getting a root canal. I think that Tom Izzo's mouth hurts pretty bad right now. Great effort by the Bills. A couple of breaks and that game could have been ours.

With all due respect, I don't give a flying rat's ass about Izzo's mouth, or how unpleasant it is to play us, or how "feisty" we are. I JUST WANT TO WIN! We are on the right path, but preparation for next year begins RIGHT NOW. If you are an athlete, you understand this. Take about half a second to pat yourself on the back, thank Kyle and Brian for a fantastic season and a great four years, and then start thinking about next year. Period. That's what winners do. We are winners.

For what it is worth...MSU lost 7 games in which they obviously didn't outscore their opponents by more than 4pts. In there wins, only Ohio St. (lost by 4) and Wisc (lost by 3 in OT) were as close as our game. The majority of the others were by 10+. Stinks to lose, but we just played one heck of a team really well.

Very good season for the Bills. Can't wait to see what will transpire next season. CR has really shown some things as the season progressed. Good goin' Bills. You put on a great show. In a year in which SLU lost 2 of our biggest legends, we nailed the 17 foot J for the big W on national TV.

Proud of the boys. With just a few hiccups along the way, probably my favorite season ever.

Bad shooting day obviously but really hung in there and I'm sure MSU was sweating there late. Very proud of the team. Thank you Conk and Kyle.

Wow, guys. Its was a great game... Ill take the fact that we held the number 1 close. Im awkwardly not nearly as upset as I thought id be. Im so pleased with our bills and cant wait to OWN IT next year.

I haven't felt this invested in a team since I was a student in the 93'-96' years. So glad we played through the WR loss, and all RickMa issues last year, and made the university proud.

Classy guys who played with so much heart for their coach and each other...

With all due respect, I don't give a flying rat's ass about Izzo's mouth, or how unpleasant it is to play us, or how "feisty" we are. I JUST WANT TO WIN! We are on the right path, but preparation for next year begins RIGHT NOW. If you are an athlete, you understand this. Take about half a second to pat yourself on the back, thank Kyle and Brian for a fantastic season and a great four years, and then start thinking about next year. Period. That's what winners do. We are winners.

The other part is now they know exactly what it takes to win in this tournament. You got to be able to play smash mouth Defense and still be able to execute on offense hitting shots. So get in the best shape of your life and shoot shoot shoot so that you can do it with your eyes closed.

The other part is now they know exactly what it takes to win in this tournament. You got to be able to play smash mouth Defense and still be able to execute on offense hitting shots. So get in the best shape of your life and shoot shoot shoot so that you can do it with your eyes closed.

+1

amen brother, amen. the best is yet to come!

For what it is worth...MSU lost 7 games in which they obviously didn't outscore their opponents by more than 4pts. In there wins, only Ohio St. (lost by 4) and Wisc (lost by 3 in OT) were as close as our game. The majority of the others were by 10+. Stinks to lose, but we just played one heck of a team really well.

With some of our better shooters not shooting as well as they can. That is a sign of a very good team. This experience should help us greatly next year. We played maybe the toughest eight seed and beat them and then had to play a number one seed. We did well.

• 4 years later...

he ###### Karate choppied him l0l

Flagrant elbow on the slow-mo replay. Won't be called though.

These refs are BULLSHITE!

Draymond Green just drilled Cody out high. Even A-10 refs call that.

What the funk was that?!

They just showed the replay. The fatboy forearm shivered Cody. Let me in there with that jackass!!!! Punk!

he chopped him in the throat! It is at least a foul

Inadvertent my fat ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weird. Like this guy has a knack for doing these kind of things.

Related: Remember when SLU was giving a #1 seed all it could handle in round 2 and the future looked even brighter?

Crazy legs aside, Green is one of the most well-rounded basketball players I have ever seen. I have probably watched Golden State 25 times this season, and he does so many things well on the court.

I am actually surprised we kept that game as close as we did.

Crazy legs aside, Green is one of the most well-rounded basketball players I have ever seen. I have probably watched Golden State 25 times this season, and he does so many things well on the court.

And if we make a couple shots we win that game..

Outside of Green, I felt like we were better and had more depth. He made a couple of clutch shots and they had a mediocre guard make a rare 3-pointer that was a back-breaker. A very winnable game, but Green came through in the clutch. That was not a great MSU team even though they were a #1 seed.