Butler to A10

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its about time I post about this. Reports are now coming out that Butler is exploring the possibility of joining the A10. I've heard there's a great chance of it happening. Talks are already serious.

When I first saw the title of this thread I figured it was another one of these "let's build a 16 team magical conference with all these different teams" nonsense posts.

Seeing that it is For-DaLove and knowing his history of being right on things its very exciting. Hope this happens!

When I first saw the title of this thread I figured it was another one of these "let's build a 16 team magical conference with all these different teams" nonsense posts.

Seeing that it is For-DaLove and knowing his history of being right on things its very exciting. Hope this happens!

+1000

I did a quick check on the Butler message board...it looks like their fans are almost unanimously in favor of going to the A-10. They like the multiple bids that are possible as well as the increased exposure from playing in the east coast (sound familiar?). The only hangup for them is losing their games in the Chicago market, since they apparently recruit a lot there.

Let's get them in the fold, and get them in our pod with X and Dayton!

This could be some great news. Help ease the pain of losing Temple.

This better then having Temple, no mid-major has done what Butler has done in the last 15 years.

Also, for geographical reasons it makes the A10 less of a Philly dominated league. Its close to us, should make Majerus happy and those in our other sports programs.

Finally, the program is class. It draws well and they play in the historic Hinkle Fieldhouse not some HS gym like LaSalle and Fordham.

If Umass and Charlotte bolt for football pastures, all efforts should be made to gradually move the conference west of the Allegheny Mountains. I like to see Creighton, another class program.

This better then having Temple, no mid-major has done what Butler has done in the last decade.

Also, for geographical reasons it makes the A10 less of a Philly dominated league. Its close to us, should make Majerus happy and those in our other sports programs.

Finally, the program is class. It draws well and they play in the historic Hinkle Fieldhouse not some HS gym like LaSalle and Fordham.

If Umass and Charlotte bolt for football pastures, all efforts should be made to gradually move the conference west of the Allegheny Mountains. I like to see Creighton, another class program.

Great post. agree with everything.

This better then having Temple, no mid-major has done what Butler has done in the last decade. Also, for geographical reasons it makes the A10 less of a Philly dominated league. Its close to us, should make Majerus happy and those in our other sports programs. Finally, the program is class. It draws well and they play in the historic Hinkle Fieldhouse not some HS gym like LaSalle and Fordham. If Umass and Charlotte bolt for football pastures, all efforts should be made to gradually move the conference west of the Allegheny Mountains. I like to see Creighton, another class program.

great post tarheel. i agree completely

if the a-10 does indeed lose another east coast team and the A-10 could get both butler and creighton, my gosh the league all at once becomes pretty geographically right for the billikens then as well as maintaining if not improving on the competitive end as well. it is absolutely the best case scenario for the conference imo.

it is my understanding stevens thinks he has his all time best recruiting class coming in next fall. i dont think butler is falling off.

it is my understanding stevens thinks he has his all time best recruiting class coming in next fall. i dont think butler is falling off.

They also have Rotnei Clarke, a transfer from Arkansas, who becomes eligible next season...will add a desperately needed sharp shooter to the mix and will minimize the loss of Nored...

They will be very good for the foreseeable future...I hope this happens

I did a quick check on the Butler message board...it looks like their fans are almost unanimously in favor of going to the A-10. They like the multiple bids that are possible as well as the increased exposure from playing in the east coast (sound familiar?). The only hangup for them is losing their games in the Chicago market, since they apparently recruit a lot there.

Let's get them in the fold, and get them in our pod with X and Dayton!

We get them in our pod and travel becomes a lot easier in the A10. You only have to play 5 games a year going east of Ohio.