Tournament Selection thread

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that. I was baffled.

We'll have to agree to disagree about the strength of the region (I think overall It's really strong: marquette and louisville are possible the best 3 and 4 seeds in the tournament).

We will agree to disagree. Marquette was up and down all year and Louisville really stumbled heading into the Big East tournament. They peaked in New York and will be due for a Pitino Stinker that always rears it ugly head for an early out. The west is the best possible matchup scenario overall for SLU against teams top to bottom.

I actually like our draw. Michigan St. and Mizzery the weakest of the 1's and 2's. Memphis will be tough due to their athleticism but I like our chances with RM and some good prep time for game planning.

Agreed. Match-up wise, this is the ideal bracket for us. We avoided the overly athletic teams such as Kentucky and North Carolina. Not dissing Mizzou at all, but we would match-up well with them if it were to happen.

We'll beat Memphis. Being a 9 sucks, but this is a game we should be happy about.

Have faith. Honestly, we have one of the top x and o's coaches alive. If anyone can get a team ready, it's Rick. It will all depend on which team shows up - The team that played Xavier yesterday or the team that played Xavier in the second half two weeks ago. If it is the latter...may God have mercy on the souls of all those that face the Billikens.

dickey is going to upset the 'cuse. nice.

Did anyone else catch Jon Smif on the selection show?

It's too bad Marcus Relphorde isn't still playing...we could have had a Final 4 scenario where every team had at least one Billiken past, present, or Dickey