That sucked, but they'll have fresher legs for 1st round

Or Ohio St. ... or Kentucky in Louisville ... or Kansas or Mizzou in Omaha ... or UNC or Duke in Greensboro. I don't see us getting anything lower than a 10 seed, or higher than a 7, which means once we win the first game, we'll have to face either a 1 or a 2. The best we can hope for is the potential to play on a somewhat neutral court.

Or Ohio St. ... or Kentucky in Louisville ... or Kansas or Mizzou in Omaha ... or UNC or Duke in Greensboro. I don't see us getting anything lower than a 10 seed, or higher than a 7, which means once we win the first game, we'll have to face either a 1 or a 2. The best we can hope for is the potential to play on a somewhat neutral court.

I know it is inconvenient to the majority of this board (obviously it would be best for this household), but it would be best for SLU's potential for NCAA Tournament advancement to get put in the West Regional, in my opinion. Reason: There is no team good enough in the West to be a #1 seed, and I think the NCAA will send the lowest rated of the 4 #1 seeds to the West.

SLU has never been in the West in its 4 previous NCAA appearances in the modern era. So it is time.

Go West, young men!

I know it is inconvenient to the majority of this board (obviously it would be best for this household), but it would be best for SLU's potential for NCAA Tournament advancement to get put in the West Regional, in my opinion. Reason: There is no team good enough in the West to be a #1 seed, and I think the NCAA will send the lowest rated of the 4 #1 seeds to the West.

SLU has never been in the West in its 4 previous NCAA appearances in the modern era. So it is time.

Go West, young men!

Yes, but the way the Pods are set up would not mean your 1st and 2nd games would be in the West. We will be very fortunate to get to the Sweet 16 no matter where we are sent. I think the 4th No. 1 seed figures to go to the Michigan State-Ohio State winner and neither would be a picnic in the round of 32.

Yes, but the way the Pods are set up would not mean your 1st and 2nd games would be in the West. We will be very fortunate to get to the Sweet 16 no matter where we are sent. I think the 4th No. 1 seed figures to go to the Michigan State-Ohio State winner and neither would be a picnic in the round of 32.

For planning purposes, my wife was asking me when the NCAA games were, etc. At the time Kansas had not yet lost to Baylor in the Big XII semi-finals, and I expected Kansas to be the 4th #1 seed and sent to the West. I told my wife that my gut feeling is that SLU will win the first game. And I thought if SLU is put in the West Regional, SLU will have its best shot at advancing to the Sweet 16 the following weekend. After further developments, my opinion is that the Big Ten winner as a #1 seed will be a more formidable foe than Kansas would be.

The NCAA seeds a couple of pods the first weekend. But all teams don't get seeded in those more local pods. Irrespective, I'm mainly referring to SLU having a better shot at making the Sweet 16 in the West Regional.