2012 CBE Field to be announced today

I don't get how this field is dissapointing.

3 BCS Teams so far and us as host schools. Its a beggining of the season tournament... Did you expect it to line up as: Duke, KU, Mizzou, UNC, SLU. Game on.

This is solid. Something to salivate over during the summer. Let's make noise and let's make noise early. Go Bills!

I don't get how this field is dissapointing.

3 BCS Teams so far and us as host schools. Its a beggining of the season tournament... Did you expect it to line up as: Duke, KU, Mizzou, UNC, SLU. Game on.

This is solid. Something to salivate over during the summer. Let's make noise and let's make noise early. Go Bills!

No other BCS teams are going to get added so those 3 are it. Its disapointing because we had been told Syracuse and UCLA would be in and that one more Big 12/10 would be added. Then we heard that Kansas was in it. So we thought it would be Kansas, Syracuse and UCLA.

I'm disappointed based on Rick's comments that he thought UCLA and Syracuse would be in it. Washington State and Texas A&M don't quite measure up to those two unless UCLA continues to struggle next year and Syracuse falls off a cliff, the latter of which is highly unlikely. Unless we get to play Kansas in this thing, it probably won't do much more than the 76 Classic did for us this season.

Baby steps my friends... Baby steps. CBE > 76 Classic. No questions asked. I can't believe everyone is disappointed in possibly playing KU. One of the most historic programs in the country, only 4 hours from Chaifetz. Rough crowd....

I think it is a great field. We will play Texas A&M first. Hopefully meet KU in the finals. Great for RPI.

Playing a 12-17 team does not help RPI, and it does not matter what conference they are in (that helps THEIR RPI not really the team that plays them). Playing Vermont this year helped more than Villanova.

The tourney is fine as it has Kansas but unless there is some improvement in the other teams next year it will not "help" RPI.

The odds that 'Cuse and KU would be in a preseason tourney were highly unlikely.

Cuse usually plays in the Preseason NIT at the Garden... Or at a vacation destination spot.

I want my beloved Billikens as far away from the disgusting antics of the UCLA Bruins as they can be.

Playing a 12-17 team does not help RPI, and it does not matter what conference they are in (that helps THEIR RPI not really the team that plays them). Playing Vermont this year helped more than Villanova.

The tourney is fine as it has Kansas but unless their is some improvement in the other teams next year it will not "help" RPI.

Give me a game against Texas A&M any day over a team like Vermont. I don't care what the RPI says, it still catches your eye when you look down a schedule at the end of the year.

Give me a game against Texas A&M any day over a team like Vermont. I don't care what the RPI says, it still catches your eye when you look down a schedule at the end of the year.

A&M was #22 in the nation at one point this year. Sh*t team but gets cred on its name.

Baby steps my friends... Baby steps. CBE > 76 Classic. No questions asked. I can't believe everyone is disappointed in possibly playing KU. One of the most historic programs in the country, only 4 hours from Chaifetz. Rough crowd....

Key word being "possibly". If we're on the other side and don't have the same first-round result, we don't get them. A&M and WSU aren't any better than the teams we played in the 76 Classic, and won't be great next season. Plus, doesn't this CBE Tournament also include two "buy" games at our gym? So we could potentially wind up with two low-RPI teams and two of the weakest BCS-level teams. That doesn't do much at all. Ideally, we'd play either WSU or A&M in the first round, win, and get KU in the final. KU in the first round would be all right, but we probably wind up with the worse of WSU or A&M in the consolation.

do we know who we would play for the "pre cbe?" Those 4 teams are just the 4 host I think they're 6 other really small schools. Atleast that's what happened with mizzou.