Technical foul

isotope

-he was in the ear of the refs all game to that point, and by this i mean just about every possession

-i really like the way Rick handles the refs, plus i think if you are talking (?) to them all the time they can stop listening, but if only say a few things it would seem the point would get across, just a possibility

-i wish the ncaa would take a page from the nfl, and beyond, and protect their officials from that abuse

CBS CS announcers said it was on Mack and then said it was on the Xavier bench. Mack was caught on camera yelling after the technical and he was using some choice words. I can't read lips but that word was easy. The ref that teed it up was the same one under the basket that called the foul for Evans.There also seemed to be a disturbance around our bench at the same time. Cameras didn't catch it but I saw some of our players pulling McCall back towards the bench and the announcers made mention of Lyons. I originally thought the technical was on him.

I thought the game was getting out of hand, that X was starting to resort to thuggie tactics. Mitchell got hammered on his drive with no call. Then he got lit up by Robinson on the pick. X made a basket and Robinson body-slammed Ellis out of bounds jockeying for rebounding position. Conklin got nailed on just about every shot. Holloway's charge into Conklin was violent in that he threw his arms in a punching manner into Conklin as he made contact. Jett got nailed and was limping off the court. Lyons appeared to offer a karate kick into Ellis on the drive McCall got a foul and then came up jawing as usual. Seemed like X collectively said you might be beating us on the socreboard but we're not leaving until we get a pound of flesh too.

I am very happy for the win, and happier that we survived intact.

It was not clear to me why Chris Mack was given the technical foul. The ref who called the foul was half way across the court when he called it. I assume Mack must have been riding that ref earlier in the game, but.... Does anyone know why the ref called the foul?

He was on the refs and was screaming at them on the play. After the T, he was screaming curse words at them and he could have received a second T--but the refs seemed to ignore him at that point. He is a bit like his team in that he can erupt at any time. I think this whole season must be wearing on him. Give him credit though, his team was really ready to play in the first half and when they are shooting the ball they look like world beaters. But the adjustments by Majerus at half were brilliant!

That pick on KM was legal - every bit as good as the one by BC on the Washington guy. The refs let the players "play" at first in the second half and what they got was close to another fight breaking out. Finally they realized this could be Cincy all over again and they started to call some fouls. At the time we had taken the lead and X was lossing it in their heads so when the foul was called when DE was driving for a lay up the X players started mouthing off - most of them on the court and then their bench/coaches started and finally the ref just said enough and called a T against whoever you wanted to give it to - so many choices. Mack is in real trouble now - he will be back next year but things may not go well for him - if you were watching the brawl in Cincy and saw his behavior last night would you be interested in sending your kid to him? - after all he is not Calipari or Pitno or Coach K or Bill Self or Roy Williams for god's sake.

Yeah, he was working them all day, got a warning, and didn't stop. Use a choice word right after a warning and you make the call easy on the refs.

I was very, very surprised how much they let both teams play in this game. There could have easily been 10 more fouls, and we had a couple situations where guys got in each other's faces - not surprising Lyons was involved both times. Seems like not all refs learned the lessons that the UC-Xavier game should have taught everyone. That goes for security, too- we didn't seem to have any extra last night. I wasn't alone in seeing the scuffle with police break out a few sections over in the cushioned seats, and 3 glass bottles dropped out of the student section onto the floor in front of my seats in 118, the tunnel where Xavier comes out (not while they were around). The whole place seemed ill-prepared if there were any worse incidents in this one.