Xavier Looking Like Crap ....

Taj79

....down 41to 29 at half. had ten turnovers before the first TO but led 3 to 2. Putney started raining threes with five minutes to go and Williams is out of sight. W/o Williams, Umass is bad. Umass has shut down Tutu with larger defenders like Morgan and Riley and their bigs are ignoring the X bigs. Wells has 12 but Frease, Walker, Robinson are nothing.

Not looking good kshoe.

@Pistol ---- have you ever seen Xavier look this bad? I rexpect5 a run but they are never this bad.

Yes. They were horrible at Dayton. The last four minutes at Memphis saw an epic meltdown.

But now it seems they might have some momentum, down 8 with the ball.

Trying to watch it near a bunch of screaming Mizzou fans.

Chaz Williams is shooting out of his mind. 6/8 3-pointers, 24 points, 9 assists. UMass back to an 11 point lead at the under 4 media. I guess this won't help our RPI since we play Xavier twice, even if it isn't significant. Every little bit helps.

It would've been nice to have Xavier be a top 50 win but I guess that is still possible. Also, we're now at least 2 games up on everyone behind us in the conference meaning that we've pretty much clinched at least the 2 seed in the conference tournament. Guys like Lunardi said the key for SLU was to create some separation between them and the rest of the A10 and that seems to have happened now.

KState 78 Mizzou 68. Umass 80 Xavier 73. I would have projected this straight up had La Salle not entered doubt into my Umass head by winningon Saturday but oh well. Xavier is a team playing likeit wants the season over soon enough.

Up to date Standings

Atlantic 10 Up to Date Standings

Temple 10-2 21-5

Saint Louis 10-3 22-5

Massachusetts 8-5 19-8

Xavier 8-5 17-10

St. Joseph's 8-5 18-10

La Salle 7-5 18-9

St. Bonaventure 7-5 14-10

Duquesne 6-6 15-11

Dayton 6-6 16-10

Richmond 5-8 14-14

Geo. Washington 4-8 9-17

Charlotte 4-8 12-13

Fordham 2-10 9-16

Rhode Island 2-11 5-23

We have the tiebreaker over everyone but UMass and they still have to go to Dayton and Temple.

That's two up with three to play. Umass still goes to Temple and Dayton ==== doubt they win either. St. Joe's has Temple and goes to the Bonnies. Xavier has us on the road and home with Richmond and Charlotte. Looking good; top four a lock with win Saturday. Not a whole lot happening tomorrow except Temple at La Salle.

That's two up with three to play. Umass still goes to Temple and Dayton ==== doubt they win either. St. Joe's has Temple and goes to the Bonnies. Xavier has us on the road and home with Richmond and Charlotte. Looking good; top four a lock with win Saturday. Not a whole lot happening tomorrow except Temple at La Salle.

-taj i get the focus on top 4, but we either need to be 1 or 2, gosh i can't believe i am going type this, but anything less 1 or 2 is a disappointment

-taj i get the focus on top 4, but we either need to be 1 or 2, gosh i can't believe i am going type this, but anything less 1 or 2 is a disappointment

Try disaster.

The Xavier loss tonight sucks. Not as much as a la salle loss tomorrow would suck but it still sucks.

The good thing about Xavier losing is that we're pretty much locked in to the top 2 now. We need another top 50 win but hopefully we'll have a chance at a top 25 win against Temple in AC.

-x losing is not good for us, we need top 50 wins and it will tough to for them to get to that point

-glad they have richmond at home on sat to think they are good before coming to stl to get walloped

We just need to win out in the reg season and we'll be fine. Plenty of our opponents (UNM, Tenn St., Wash, Temple, LMU) have stepped up their game after we played them. I don't think X losing is that big of a deal.