Open Letter to Students

Open Letter(read: Rant) to Students

I'm probably going to get some flack for this but what the hell,

Students,

Your lack of presence at Men's Basketball games is a disgrace. I am ashamed to call myself a SLU student after the abysmal student attendance. I'm not going to even worry about those who sit in the wedge of seats next to the tunnel, that's a whole other issue. You should be ashamed. After passing the athletic fee so you can have free tickets you respond by not showing up.

You are the biggest losers in the history of college students. You have a 21-5 (9-3) college basketball team on the verge of an NCAA tournament birth and you can't take 2 hours out of your "busy" schedule to go support them? That is absolutely disgusting. If the seniors (who were still terrible) would not have been there tonight, nobody would have been there. This team is a bunch of great young student athletes who are succeeding in a difficult Division I conference in a beautiful on campus arena you are paying for through tuition and your tickets are FREE!

There is no reason you can't pick your lazy self up, put on a blue or white shirt go down to Chaifetz and watch a FREE basketball game played by a group of your peers. Yes, your peers. These guys aren't some BSC football team full of spoiled athletes who rarely go to class. These kids wake themselves up every morning and drudge their way to class just like all of you and then they go out there every practice and game and bust their asses to represent you and our great school.

Let's be real, you have nothing else to do on a Wednesday evening. Don't hide behind the homework excuse. You're gonna go out to "Pitchers" or "Quarters" anyway. Basketball games are a great way to blow off some steam and guess what? THEY SELL BEER!! Not many other colleges do that. You aren't 21? I don't even need to tell you what to do then. I'm sure you already know. Don't hide behind the homework excuse. I understand you come here to go to school and not to be a basketball fan, but take some pride in your school that you're working so hard to get a degree from.

College is so easy and I'm not all that intelligent. It's time to cut the excuses and show up. Stop disrespecting your school, your classmates and the basketball team and go support them. GO BILLIKENS

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Students,

Your lack of presence at Men's Basketball games is a disgrace. I am ashamed to call myself a SLU student after the abysmal student attendance. I'm not going to even worry about those who sit in the wedge of seats next to the tunnel, that's a whole other issue. You should be ashamed. After passing the athletic fee so you can have free tickets you respond by not showing up.

You are the biggest losers in the history of college students. You have a 21-5 (9-3) college basketball team on the verge of an NCAA tournament birth and you can't take 2 hours out of your "busy" schedule to go support them? That is absolutely disgusting. If the seniors (who were still terrible) would not have been there tonight, nobody would have been there. This team is a bunch of great young student athletes who are succeeding in a difficult Division I conference in a beautiful on campus arena you are paying for through tuition and your tickets are FREE!

There is no reason you can't pick your lazy self up, put on a blue or white shirt go down to Chaifetz and watch a FREE basketball game played by a group of your peers. Yes, your peers. These guys aren't some BSC football team full of spoiled athletes who rarely go to class. These kids wake themselves up every morning and drudge their way to class just like all of you and then they go out there every practice and game and bust their asses to represent you and our great school.

Let's be real, you have nothing else to do on a Wednesday evening. Don't hide behind the homework excuse. You're gonna go out to "Pitchers" or "Quarters" anyway. Basketball games are a great way to blow off some steam and guess what? THEY SELL BEER!! Not many other colleges do that. You aren't 21? I don't even need to tell you what to do then. I'm sure you already know. Don't hide behind the homework excuse. I understand you come here to go to school and not to be a basketball fan, but take some pride in your school that you're working so hard to get a degree from.

College is so easy and I'm not all that intelligent. It's time to cut the excuses and show up. Stop disrespecting your school, your classmates and the basketball team and go support them. GO BILLIKENS

HATE HATE HATE. kids should be bonging beers on the front steps of the fetz before storming up in that humpy bumpy raising hell. no excuses. most of them will probably suck horribly and be boring their entire lives, though, so whatever.

Students,

Agreed! Terrible student turn out! And it was Senior NIght!

Students,

05, Are you the guy in your profile picture?

Students,

Well done.

Indeed, why?

Because I sit in the very first row behind the opp section against the tunnel railing, and its like 10 feet from where you always stand. You are a funny kid ( im 21..) and love when you yell at the opp crowd or bench..

Because I sit in the very first row behind the opp section against the tunnel railing, and its like 10 feet from where you always stand. You are a funny kid ( im 21..) and love when you yell at the opp crowd or bench..

Thank you. I try not to yell at fans at all or the bench players too often but their little dude Zach Chu was just eating it up so I kept going.

Students,

You're the man 05. Beat me to this. I'll write more in the morning when I'm sober. Bud Light Platinums are awesome.

Thank you. I try not to yell at fans at all or the bench players too often but their little dude Zach Chu was just eating it up so I kept going.

bull****! what about that heavyweight bulldyke you gave hell to a couple years ago!?!? i forget what school it was, but you got that fat ***** RILED up. she was nasty. looked like she'd been shovel-fed a steady diet of pig sh!t her whole life, so you just fed her some more. speaking of shovels, she had to have been all-conference shovelfighting in high school. been sucking on one too many speeding horse hooves, i 'spect. and let's not even get started on how many bench player lunches you've eaten...

great post. i just can't wait for these student sons of ******* to find out we actually had a good team and then talk all manner of sh!t when we're in the tourney.

bull****! what about that heavyweight bulldyke you gave hell to a couple years ago!?!? i forget what school it was, but you got that fat ***** RILED up. she was nasty. looked like she'd been shovel-fed a steady diet of pig sh!t her whole life, so you just fed her some more. speaking of shovels, she had to have been all-conference shovelfighting in high school. been sucking on one too many speeding horse hooves, i 'spect. and let's not even get started on how many bench player lunches you've eaten...

great post. i just can't wait for these student sons of ******* to find out we actually had a good team and then talk all manner of sh!t when we're in the tourney.

Jimbo, the key word was try.

It is always upsetting to hear about our attendance (or lack thereof). I graduated in May 2000 and almost never missed a game. I don't live in St Louis any longer but I attend any game I can.

I remember back in the late 90s (even though the student section was still nothing to write home about) that we would have 17,000 or more people packing Kiel for games and now we have a hard time drawing 8,000 on an on-campus arena. What has happened????? Whatever it is hopefully it gets fixed quick as these guys deserve a sold out excited crowd for Fordham and Xavier to end the season on their way to the Big Dance.

On another topic I hate Brian Burwell with a passion but his article on the attendance was dead on today.