Let's show CR some love

slu72

In TT's article, DE was quoted as saying something like, "We don't care what other people have been saying about CR...." . Now to the best of my knowledge I don't think the St.L media has been out there knocking CR's play, so the source of the critical comments about CR is likely us. It's silly to assume the team does not "sneak" a peak at this board, even if it is an RM rule. Heck, they probably have a good laugh or two at some of the inane things we post on here about them. So, to CR, we should all tip our hat and shout out a big "way to go" for yesterday's game. And also add, we're gonna need you down the road, so stay focused and make us all just... SHUT THE F* UP!

had a similar coversation with some friends during the game yesterday. The fact is, he's going to have to step-up, we don't really have any other options. But I like what I've seen from him lately

In TT's article, DE was quoted as saying something like, "We don't care what other people have been saying about CR...." . Now to the best of my knowledge I don't think the St.L media has been out there knocking CR's play, so the source of the critical comments about CR is likely us. It's silly to assume the team does not "sneak" a peak at this board, even if it is an RM rule. Heck, they probably have a good laugh or two at some of the inane things we post on here about them. So, to CR, we should all tip our hat and shout out a big "way to go" for yesterday's game. And also add, we're gonna need you down the road, so stay focused and make us all just... SHUT THE F* UP!

We all know he has the talent and potential so that is why I think people are harder on him. Same goes for KC. Anyways, I think we can all agree that he is playing better because he is no longer wearing a t-shirt under his jersey.

CR was a game changer. His presence out there was huge, and he just looked focused and with it. We all know that at times in the past, he has looked a bit lost out there, and we know he has the potential, but we would just end up shaking our heads. But in the past few days, and especially yesterday, he really stepped it up. When we play more athletic teams, his play will be critical. He can do things and get to plays on the help side that Loe, Ellis, and even Conk just cannot get to.

Keep it up CR!!!

the thing about CR is we don't need that much from him. If he could give us 5 points, 3 rebounds and good defense on a consistent basis we would be way ahead. He seems talented enough to do it, but he doesn't. If he can use this as a springboard to consistently contributing we will be a much better team.

I've lost all hope for KC doing any more than he's doing now. Give 10 minutes a game to give the other guys a breather, play adequate defense and don't turn the ball over. What happened to this guy? He was much better his sophomore and junior years and the beginning of this year. Seems like he's lost all confidence.

the thing about CR is we don't need that much from him. If he could give us 5 points, 3 rebounds and good defense on a consistent basis we would be way ahead. He seems talented enough to do it, but he doesn't. If he can use this as a springboard to consistently contributing we will be a much better team.

I've lost all hope for KC doing any more than he's doing now. Give 10 minutes a game to give the other guys a breather, play adequate defense and don't turn the ball over. What happened to this guy? He was much better his sophomore and junior years and the beginning of this year. Seems like he's lost all confidence.

I am now waiting to see how long it takes for you to be called a KC hater for saying what you just wrote. For us to think that players do not read the board is just naive. Of course they read it or someone tells them or whatever. I do wonder if there has not been things written in preseason articles about how this player or another have not lived up to potential so it could be something like that also being reference - who knows. Like they say - any PR is good even bad - seriously, if people did not care about someone then nothing would be said at all about him - good to have expectations for you.

I was unable to see the game or watch the feed, so I take it that CR had a good game from all the comments - can anyone share info more specific?

You know sometimes it only takes one game to turn on the light bulb. Hopefully, RM's words of encouragement, his teammates support, some CR chants from the student section when he goes in, and positives from the posters, because they do read our junk (especially Jimbo's, our own resident Jimmy Kimmel who should change his moniker to Jimbo Kimbo). CR's a long athletic type that could make the inside a living hell for opponents. We are definitely going to need him in the upcoming weeks.

Loved his Dunk and One. Not to mention his coming up with a few loose balls, and the assists particularly the one to Conklin late in the second half.

Yeah he made two really nice passes one was the back door cut to Conk and the other was a nice pass out of the post for an Evans basket. He really seemed poised and comfortable in the post for maybe the first time in his career Defensively he wasnt blocking shots but his help defense was the best all year and was fighting for loose balls and rebounds.

the thing about CR is we don't need that much from him. If he could give us 5 points, 3 rebounds and good defense on a consistent basis we would be way ahead. He seems talented enough to do it, but he doesn't. If he can use this as a springboard to consistently contributing we will be a much better team. I've lost all hope for KC doing any more than he's doing now. Give 10 minutes a game to give the other guys a breather, play adequate defense and don't turn the ball over. What happened to this guy? He was much better his sophomore and junior years and the beginning of this year. Seems like he's lost all confidence.

First, congrats to CR, nice game yesterday. He stepped up and made a big difference.

Second, again, get off KC's back, you don't know, he might have a sore ankle, tender hammie, just enought that he is at 90% but will play anyway, fill a role, pass the ball, run the floor. Have you ever played a sport? Kids play hurt and look OK but are not themselves. Like Conklin, he went out there hurt in previous years, wasn't himself, good enough to play, but...

Either way, a lot critcism of KC it over the top, though this one isn't too bad, like some, but c'mon, give the kid a break.

Attended my first bills game in 4 years yesterday. Got my picture taken with CR, and then with DE, and then with Majerus, and then with Cody, Conk and Cassity. I was in pure fanboy mode, hahaha.

A couple thoughts on CR. From those of you who thought his dunk was great, let me correct you, it was phenonmenal...likely the play of the year so far. He Blake Griffin-ed that guy (i.e. His hand did not touch the rim). Then calmly knock down the free throw. I thought his best play other than that, was when he had his back to the basket, kept his head up, then passed cross court to Loe in the corner for the three.

Just a quick hitter on kyle. Kyle seems to be having the time of his life this season. From his body language before, during the after the game, you could tell he is handling MM and JJ's greater roles with a great deal of maturity. I believe many on this board predicted this scenario happening pre-season. The plan was for Cassity to start until McCall or Jett fulfilled a little more of their potential and then for him to be the role player that he is comfortable with. That said, I think he needs to atleast look at the basketball when he catches it on the wing.

BTW. We had a fantastic billikens contingent at the game yesterday. The guys and majerus acknowledged us when they left the court yesterday. From the pre-game reception put on by Meg the alumni girl, to my first conversations with billiken fans (Taj, Husak Attack in the awesome blazer, likely others) in 4 years, to the big road win, to the post game conversations I had with the guys and Majerus....I could not have been more proud yesterday to be an alumni of Saint Louis University.

A10 Tournament bound...Go Bils!

-Nick

First ---- I have been hard on CR and for yesterday's effort and results, change that view to tyhe positive. While i think he being the second coming of kenyon Martin vwill NOT hppen, the signs are trending upthat he can be morelike yesterday than what was in the past. He is our most physical specimen right now and we need him. The dunkprior tohis, by the La Salle kid, energized the student crowd.Cory's return and one shut it down again.

Secondly --- maybe KC has discovered his "niche." There are roles to be played on every team and there is a role and a need for KC. If that's off the bench, then it seems to me, Majerus has made that decision and maybe feel;s better doing so now that MM has stepped it up. Mike's three was the minute breathing room we needed yesterday and came at a great time. What concerns me is the rotation because if KC comes in so does JJ and our reluctance to take an open jumper is doubled.

There is not one kid on this team that deserves any criticism right now. They are hitting on all cyclinders. Its nice to win like this. Its nice to win when a kid like Ellis goes off as he did on Hawk Hill. But he was a non-factor yesterday (foul trouble) and we found a way to win. Aces in my book.

Just a quick hitter on kyle. Kyle seems to be having the time of his life this season. From his body language before, during the after the game, you could tell he is handling MM and JJ's greater roles with a great deal of maturity. I believe many on this board predicted this scenario happening pre-season. The plan was for Cassity to start until McCall or Jett fulfilled a little more of their potential and then for him to be the role player that he is comfortable with.

He should be having the time of his life, he's in college and playing division 1 basketball on a team that is capable of big things this season. Cassity knows his role and is a real team player. The players do read this board but don't give a sh!t what we say. If they did KC would not be having the time of his life, with the thought that he should be getting more clock due to his "nba potential". Rick has these guys focused on the team. They all know and understand their role, and it shows.

I was impressed late yesterday when something went amiss on the court. The team wasn't lined up right, McCall seemed in the wrong place and it led to a turnover. It might have been when Conklin passed to Mitchell who was going left and Conk passed right and hit the wide open Rick Majerus on the bench. A timeout ensued and Conk came off yelling "Mike!" I thought it was great senior leadership and it was also taken well by McCall. He didn't sulk or anything. Just seemed to get more determined. That to me said a lot. Additionally, sitting that close to the bench, one could see the discussions going on between Mitchell and Majerus and Cassity and Majerus. Thery are his obviously kids and play well for him. But its not necessarily a dictatorship.

Conversely, I saw at least three times where Conk or Evans or Remekun set the midcourt screen for the guards bringing the ball up and while none of them nailed Galloway the way Conk did the Washington and Duquesne players, Galloway was screaming at his teammates in frustration to call out screens. I came away not liking Galloway the player.

The LaSalle and Duquesne games are perfect examples of what CR can offer the team. In both games he made a difference with his post defense, and made positive defensive plays that created offensive opportunities. Against Duquesnse, it was with blocked shots and steals. Against LaSalle, he had a nice steal but also caused denial in the post (despite no blocks.) The two assists were also really nice. If we can get this CR the rest of the way, it gives us an added dimension going into post-season play.

One other point regarding CR that hassn't been talked about much. As i seem to recall when he was signed and even before his FR season, RM talked about how young he was for his class in school. Maybe he just needed more time to mature.

If you subscribe to the belief that it takes big men a little longer to develop, and factor in Cory's age of 17 at the time of enrollment, there has to be a correlation. If only Cory can do next year what Brian is doing this year. Wouldn't that be a real dream-come-true sequence? Cory has the look of alow blocks game and his assists Saturday speak volumes into his understanding what to do if double teamed. Hope springs eternal.

It seems to me the Cory matches up well insome situations but not others. He could be invaluable if we run in to some long lean forwards in the dance..........

That Cory Remuken vs. Anthony Davis matchup in the championship game is going to be a good one... :)

Seriously though, my hats off to Cory. He brings a dynamic to the game that we do not have. He has played very well the last few games and I think he can continue. One of the things I noticed that hasn't been discussed is his strength. I noticed a few times that when the loose ball came Cory's way, he hung on to it. I've just come to expect it getting knocked out of Cody's or Rob's hands during a rebound battle. Cory is strong enough to win the battle.