Let's show CR some love

slu72

With the exception of one really bad foul, I thought Cory also played well at St. Joe's. He had a key block late in the game and also forced a jump ball. If he can develop a little bit of a low post scoring game, there will be more minutes available for him next year.

Cory is gaining confidence - that alone will make a HUGE difference in his performance. He has the skill and the physical attributes to be really good. As a matter of fact, I think he could be better the Conklin based on his raw athleticism. I am beginning to think next year is looking even brighter if Cory keeps this up!

I was VERY impressed with Cory tonight! Even more impressive is that he basically did all of his damage in the 2nd half. In only 15 minutes, he had 9 points, was 4-4 from the field, grabbed 7 rebounds and blocked 2 shots. This is the Cory Remekun we have been waiting on forever! Great game, Cory!

Cory has some really nice post moves too. His little drop step, his baby hook, the short jumper. Keep on keeping on, CR.

he even had a really sh!tty up and under move, a la the chosen one, 'akeem' olajuwon. also, check out hakeem's swag at :13. that's right. an afrikaan on a car phone, in the 80s. hell yeah. make's me want CR to get that high top fade back even badlier.

Cory is gaining confidence

This.

The last two game it seems he knows what he wants to do and does it.

early in the year he looked hesitant and nervous.

Hopefully, after seeing how the offseason hard work paid off for Conklin, Cory will decide to do the same thing in the offseason and come back like the beast we know he can be. But that is something to worry about later.

Im just happy to see a low post presence if BC gets into foul trouble.

This.

The last two game it seems he knows what he wants to do and does it.

early in the year he looked hesitant and nervous.

Hopefully, after seeing how the offseason hard work paid off for Conklin, Cory will decide to do the same thing in the offseason and come back like the beast we know he can be. But that is something to worry about later.

Im just happy to see a low post presence if BC gets into foul trouble.

Also, how happy were you to see Cody get most of his points tonight in the paint? Conk has a tough night, and we make it up with a double helping of Cory and Cody!

Also, how happy were you to see Cody get most of his points tonight in the paint? Conk has a tough night, and we make it up with a double helping of Cory and Cody!

except for that MONEY quick release 3 he got from the corner after they kept teasing the 1-3-1. knew that was going in. couldn't be more pleased w/ either player.

except for that MONEY quick release 3 he got from the corner after they kept teasing the 1-3-1. knew that was going in. couldn't be more pleased w/ either player.

That was BEE-U-T-FUL! I knew that was brewing for a couple of possessions and that he was finally going to burn Richmond on it. The previous trey attempt was an in-and-outer and you just had to know the next one was going to be a DOWN UNDER special.

This is a good point too. These two are really coming into their own and at the right time. We could end up with a lot of guys peaking at the same time - MARCH!!!!!!

Matchups have been in Cory's favor and playing to his strengths. Aikewn and Roberts were similar players. La Salle's "big" men were no bigger than him and he matched up athletically. And Richmond's big Garrett is only a shot blocker and garbage scorer. Williams is a load; scared to think what happens when he grows up -- 6'6" and 285 as a sophomore.

Most importantly, to me, is how Cory has avoided foul trouble these last three games to stay on the court longer.

Matchups have been in Cory's favor and playing to his strengths. Aikewn and Roberts were similar players. La Salle's "big" men were no bigger than him and he matched up athletically. And Richmond's big Garrett is only a shot blocker and garbage scorer. Williams is a load; scared to think what happens when he grows up -- 6'6" and 285 as a sophomore.

Most importantly, to me, is how Cory has avoided foul trouble these last three games to stay on the court longer.

CR has the body of the athletic 4 we've dreamed of. If, and it's a big if, he can develop a portion of Conk's intensity to go along with continued development of his post game, we're going to have a damn good 4 next year. Keep it up, CR!