A-10 teams in the NCAA tournament

David King

It's still early, and some teams still control their own destiny. But, at this point, I'd say the A-10 only has two tournamnet invitees (SLU and Temple), unless somebody else wins the A-10 tournament.

UMass has some tough games ahead, and Xavier may have dug itself into too big of a hole. Both have fairly poor RPI's.

I wouldn't totally discount X until ACity is over. They are probably as capable as winning the tourney as Temple, SLU, dare I say it, Dayton, or maybe even a darker horse. If we don't finish strong as in 12-4, and we get a tourney winner, say X, who doesn't have a dance resume, we could be on a very fragile bubble. Let's just get thru La Salle on Saturday. We'd all have taken 1-1 on this road trip but right now we need 2-0. You look around this league and there are teams, even from the lower tier, that can cause problems for any team on any given night. Heck, GW almost took down Temple at the Owl's nest last night. I hope our guys are not patting themselves on the back and whooping it up in the city of Brotherly Love. This is a business trip, fellas, and there's another big negotiation on Saturday night that has to be won.

It's still early, and some teams still control their own destiny. But, at this point, I'd say the A-10 only has two tournamnet invitees (SLU and Temple), unless somebody else wins the A-10 tournament.

UMass has some tough games ahead, and Xavier may have dug itself into too big of a hole. Both have fairly poor RPI's.

Listening to Lunardi yesterday with Frank and Martin on 590 he said that he assuming X, SLU and Temple all won last night he still had them in. He also acknowledged however that the A-10 is more likely to be a 2 bid league than a 4 bid league. A new Braketology update should be out tomorrow as they are now doing it twice a week.

. I hope our guys are not patting themselves on the back and whooping it up in the city of Brotherly Love. This is a business trip, fellas, and there's another big negotiation on Saturday night that has to be won.

Agree. That's what happened at LMU, and probably UMass. hopefully, those experiences will help the players remain focused.

I'd say 12-4 or better is a lock, regardless of A-10 tournament. 11-5 is still probable, depending on who beats us, but one win in the A-10 tournament locks it.10-6 is unthinkable, and I'd be unable to watch the A-10 tournament in that case, anyway, because there'd be bullet holes in my TV and lap top.

wasnt george grande the announcer for the tv broadcast last night? talk about a pro. i thought it was the best job of broadcasting we have heard on a billikens tv broadcast maybe ever last night.

wasnt george grande the announcer for the tv broadcast last night? talk about a pro. i thought it was the best job of broadcasting we have heard on a billikens tv broadcast maybe ever last night.

Actually sounded a little like a less enthusiastic Rammer. Best I've heard outside of the Rammer and Earl. Very fair and objective game call.

Agreed. Best non-SLU announcers we'll get this year until the NCAA tourney....

The announcers were very good last night but I don't think G. Grande was one of them.

Right now the league would get only two, Temple RPI 19 and SLU RPI 28.

St. Joseph with an RPI of 51 needs some quality wins in the last few weeks as does Xavier RPI 62 and UMass RPI 65.

My guess the A10 gets three with Xavier sneaking in on reputation and their usual tournament run.

In today's Bracketology, Lunardi has the A-10 still with 3 teams in: Temple (winning the conference tourney) as a #7 seed, SLU as a #11 seed (facing FSU) and Xavier as a 12 seed (no play-in game). He also lists Dayton as a 'Next Four Out' team, basically having them as the 8th team out at this point.

On another note, he has bumped Murray St. down to a #7 seed.

In today's Bracketology, Lunardi has the A-10 still with 3 teams in: Temple (winning the conference tourney) as a #7 seed, SLU as a #11 seed (facing FSU) and Xavier as a 12 seed (no play-in game). He also lists Dayton as a 'Next Four Out' team, basically having them as the 8th team out at this point.

On another note, he has bumped Murray St. down to a #7 seed.

SLU/FSU would be just at the pace we like. Two slug-it-out defenses.