Billikens vs SJU GDT

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides the officiating great game to watch.

Ive been waiting all year for one of out shooters to get hot like that from the outside. COuld not of come at a better time.

Its funny, going into the second half me and a buddy were saying how cold Cody had been the last few games.

I said "maybe he is getting tired becasue this is the most games he has played in 3 years" (half of frosh year, shoulder injury last year)

I guess he isnt getting tired.

• This makes Saturday's game against LaSalle the biggest of the year because the next three games after are against three A10 jobbers. Come on Bills!!!!

• This makes Saturday's game against LaSalle the biggest of the year because the next three games after are against three A10 jobbers. Come on Bills!!!!
Broski, nobody is a jobber in this league this year.

Both scare me on the road. They have shown they can beat the top teams in this league even though they are subpar teams. Any given sunday my man.

We only play URI on the road. Fordham is at the 'Fetz next Saturday. While it is somewhat understandable to be worried about URI because of their back-to-back wins against Dayton and UMass (one a roadie!), they are still one of the worst teams in D-1 this year. We should easily beat them, even on the road.

We need that eighth and ninth man to come off the bench and contribute if we're going to win in the tournament, and KC and CR are not getting it done. With that in mind, control of the tempo is critical for the Bills. When they get drawn into a running game, the starters get worn out and the defensive discipline disappears.

In my opinion, the best three point shooters on the club are Ellis and Lowe, and they need to be used that way. In particular, playing Lowe under the basket only gets him in foul trouble. In a high post position, he can see over the guards and shoot or spot the open man.

You can't count on shooting .500 from three point land every night. But, on the other hand, the defense played well tonight except for the run and gun period in the last 8 or so minutes of the first half.

We need that eighth and ninth man to come off the bench and contribute if we're going to win in the tournament, and KC and CR are not getting it done. With that in mind, control of the tempo is critical for the Bills. When they get drawn into a running game, the starters get worn out and the defensive discipline disappears.

In my opinion, the best three point shooters on the club are Ellis and Lowe, and they need to be used that way. In particular, playing Lowe under the basket only gets him in foul trouble. In a high post position, he can see over the guards and shoot or spot the open man.

You can't count on shooting .500 from three point land every night. But, on the other hand, the defense played well tonight except for the run and gun period in the last 8 or so minutes of the first half.

Who is Lowe?

Cassity did fine tonight.

He had some nice drives to the bucket and took a couple other shoots that were in and out.

He played 13 minutes.

His role is to give the starters a breather and that is just what he did.

GREAT win. St. Joe is better than Lasalle. Lasalle is NOT the biggest game of the year. A win would be awesome, but a loss does not send us into being a non NCAA team. St. Joe has a good RPI and the hugely important aspect of that win is that it now nets us our first RPI top 50 win (I'm assuming St. Joe won't get hurt much from that loss...maybe a few spots).

We also need Xavier to continue winning so their RPI gets back above 50. Finishing the year with 2 and possibly 3 (Xavier home win) top 50 wins would be big time. We now have 8 wins against RPI Top 100 teams...that is more than respectable.

BIG time win.

Also, I thought the defender is supposed to allow the player to "land." I am referring to that call on Mitchell in the second half during the press. A10 officials are absolutely pathetic win or lose.

That is absolutely 100% correct. These officials were HOMERS to the nth degree. I thought it couldn't get worse....but it has. Absolutely some of the worst calls I've seen all year in any D-1 basketball game.

Also, I thought the defender is supposed to allow the player to "land." I am referring to that call on Mitchell in the second half during the press. A10 officials are absolutely pathetic win or lose.

That was an absolutely terrible call. You do not call an offensive foul there, ever. It is either a no-call or a blocking foul. Definitely not a charge.

It was made even worse on the ensuing possession when Roberts traveled, bumped into a set Conklin and then Conklin gets called for a foul. Thankfully, Cody kept raining treys and we got the lead back to double-digits. After that, I could only laugh when the refs whistled a foul on St. Joes behalf as soon as they got down to their end of the floor during the last minute or so of play. Maybe they felt that Galloway and Jones needed to get their points.