16. Temple

40. SLU

45. Xavier

48. St, Joseph's

62. LaSalle

70. Dayton*

73. UMASS

85. St. Bonnies

*For some reason, NCAA analysts always have a hard-on for Dayton. Mike Huguenin from Yahoo sports has them listed as the highest 9 seed in his projections. I have to think that a loss to us to give them 4 Ls in a row finishes them off. I really want to see that happen on Saturday. F.U.D.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lunardi had Dayton as a 9 seed this past week. Temple might have been an 8. SLU and X were 11-seeds. As I see it, Temple is poised to finish on top. I really don't care as long as we have a top four seed in AC and don't have to play Tuesday, March 6th. I'd prefer to avoid Temple because, as anyone who's been to Boardwlak Hall will tell you, the 45-minute to hour drive down from Philly gives Temple (and St. Joe's and even La Salle) a distinctive Philly flair and de facto home court advantage.

I still expect the "rogue" warriors at the top of this conference to start to fall. Winning breeds confidence and that will be a hard thing to shake. La Salle has to still go to Richmond, Umass and St. Joe's as well as entertain us and Temple. The Bonnies have to go to Umass, La Salle and Charlotte as well as hosting Temple and St. Joe's. After Dayton loses to us this weekend, they still have to go to Fordham, Duquesne, Richmond and Xavier. Given their road and (recent) home woes, Fordham becomes a tough game for them. Cooked! And talk about cooking -- Umass has to go to Dayton, Temple and St. Joe's as well as hosting Xavier.

While thisis wid eopen, I think every team should "just win baby." It will take care ofd itself for anyone.

http://espn.go.com/m...ll/bracketology

Lunardi has UD as a 10 seed and trending down, Temple as a 9 seed and trending up, Xavier and SLU as 11 seeds with no movement, and UMASS a 14 seed. I just hope if we make it, we aren't a 12 seed with that bull**** play-in business.

16. Temple

40. SLU

45. Xavier

48. St, Joseph's

62. LaSalle

70. Dayton*

73. UMASS

85. St. Bonnies

*For some reason, NCAA analysts always have a hard-on for Dayton. Mike Huguenin from Yahoo sports has them listed as the highest 9 seed in his projections. I have to think that a loss to us to give them 4 Ls in a row finishes them off. I really want to see that happen on Saturday. F.U.D.

*wins @Temple, vs SLU, and vs Xavier

As recently as 8 days ago they were #24 in the RPI. It's really only in the last 5 days that they wheels have fallen off. National writers who still have Dayton in the field simply haven't noticed that Dayton has ###### the bed.

SLU up to number 35!

here's the A-10 run down as of right now on Yahoo

19. Temple

35. BILLS

42. St. Joe's

50. Xavier

69. Umass

70. La Salle

71. Dayton

79. Duquesne

93. St. Bonnie

I"m curious, does this include the game last nite? I can never tell when these rankings are updated.

I assume so because it hard our record listed as 18-5

It was interesting to hear Coach Hariman talking with Rammer during the post game show about how the staff had several conversations with Lunardi over the summer in an effort to get our schedule more RPI and tournament committee friendly. Hariman said much of their scheduling this year and in the future will come from the conversations they had with Lunardi, and that he couild not have been more helpful to the Bills.

I'd prefer to avoid Temple because, as anyone who's been to Boardwlak Hall will tell you, the 45-minute to hour drive down from Philly gives Temple (and St. Joe's and even La Salle) a distinctive Philly flair and de facto home court advantage.

We're hoping to change that a little bit this year. The band will be travelling for the conference tourney as well as any NCAA Tourney games. So SLU will have at least 30 rowdy fans on the Boardwalk supporting them!

We're hoping to change that a little bit this year. The band will be travelling for the conference tourney as well as any NCAA Tourney games. So SLU will have at least 30 rowdy fans on the Boardwalk supporting them!

That is awesome - as you may remember, Rick Majerus mentor Al McGuire always said the first road tickets should be given to the band

Awesome! Major props to whoever organized that.

Seriously. That is awesome. How did anyone swing that?

I have no idea. I'm guessing Mike and the AD have been talking about it. I think almost every school that gets into the Tourney brings their band, so if we want to be big time, this is needed. It's official too, so members are officially excused from classes just like the athletes

Speaking of the band I noticed Saturday they played "sing, sing, sing", most famously played by bennie goodman. I have never hdeard our band play it before (maybe I just don't get to my seat early enough). This is an extemely difficult swing song and the billiken band executed it perfectly! It now replaces "taking it to the streets" and "superstition" as my favorite pep band song! Great job band!

Man we have a great band.

Speaking of the band I noticed Saturday they played "sing, sing, sing", most famously played by bennie goodman. I have never hdeard our band play it before (maybe I just don't get to my seat early enough). This is an extemely difficult swing song and the billiken band executed it perfectly! It now replaces "taking it to the streets" and "superstition" as my favorite pep band song! Great job band!

+100. The band always makes me glad I'm there.

Played in the band from 2000-04. "Sing, sing, sing" was one of my favorites. Didnt play it enough. The best part of being in the band was when we got to play for 15 (?) straight minutes before the game. Usually kicking off with "25 or 6 to 4". If you can get there early and go down by the band they put on a good show

I will continue the Billiken Band lovefest: First of all, I was thrilled that they finally released a CD. I wanted one for years and they finally made it happen. As soon as I saw it was available I gladly pulled $10 out of my pocket. For any Bills fans that haven't made this purchase, what is wrong with you?

There are of course several BB favorites that did not make the CD like "25 or 6 to 4" (I would assume to licensing rights reasons) but maybe our estimed JDs could help make that happen for a volume II.

Its wonderful that the band will be there for the tourney in AC. I was just telling my 8th grade son on the way to game yesterday that he should keep up with the trumpet playing he picked up as a result of being in his middle school band because at the very least he can get to go to Bills games for free and have awesome opportunities to travel with the team. a big well done to whomever allowed the band to make the trip with the team. you make us very proud.

I will continue the Billiken Band lovefest: First of all, I was thrilled that they finally released a CD. I wanted one for years and they finally made it happen. As soon as I saw it was available I gladly pulled $10 out of my pocket. For any Bills fans that haven't made this purchase, what is wrong with you?

There are of course several BB favorites that did not make the CD like "25 or 6 to 4" (I would assume to licensing rights reasons) but maybe our estimed JDs could help make that happen for a volume II.

Its wonderful that the band will be there for the tourney in AC. I was just telling my 8th grade son on the way to game yesterday that he should keep up with the trumpet playing he picked up as a result of being in his middle school band because at the very least he can get to go to Bills games for free and have awesome opportunities to travel with the team. a big well done to whomever allowed the band to make the trip with the team. you make us very proud.

This was on the first cd which came out last season. They were still selling it at Christmas, but I don't know if they have any left.

There is nothing worse then going to the tournament and NOT having your school there. Our band hasn't been there as far as I remember and in some cases, the cheerleaders seemed to be only representational in numbers. I always liked CUSA --- where not only the bads played,, but the dance teams came as well. And when that was Memphis, Louisville, UC and Charlotte --- MAMA MIA!!!!

What I have noticed at times is some of the locals (La Salle, St. Joe's, Temple and even Fordham) grow as the weekend progresses in AC. Mostly the Philly schools but did share one year with members of Fordham's Intercollegiate Crew Team (he seemed about 70 tho!). One night, the band is minimal, and then grows exponentially as the weekend advances. Of course, that can't happen for us, Charelotte and others as we have to be all in from the beginning.

The current CD is the SECOND one out. 25 or 6 to 4 was on the FiRST one. A year or two ago I think? When I bought no. 2 a few weeks ago, they still had copies of the first one. They wanted 15 for that one. Ask at the table if they still have the first one.

From a post on another thread:

the latest bracketology by joe lunardi is out

http://espn.go.com/m...ll/bracketology

The A-10 is down to three teams:

The Bills are still an 11 seed playing Vanderbilt in Columbus of the Atlanta regional. No movement up or down

X is a 12 playing SD State in Portland of the Boston regional.

Temple is a 7 seed playing K-State in Greensboro of the Phoenix regional.

Also, Yahoo sports has released their Bracket Big Board for the week:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fantasy-roto-arcade/bracket-big-board-patsy-12-officially-hit-rock-151555908.html;_ylt=AplyZR9_JYJenWt5ts1DfHvevbYF#more-14841

they also have three A-10 teams.

The Bills are a 10 seed in this one (#40 overall)

Xavier is a 12 seed (#48)

Temple is a 6 seed (#23)