KM Steps Up

That is what the Assistant said in the postgame to Rammer. He played extremely well in the 2nd half. They were calling it tight, so Jett and KM knew they should take it to the basket and score or draw the call.

Not sure why Jett, was not the one starting, but McCall has been playing well and it probably makes sense to start him with Evans.

I have to think that the year off killed his ability to pick the right spots to take over. I wonder if majerus said don't worry about it and listen to your instincts.

I doubt the year off has had much to do with KM's physical or mental game. Instead, the year off probably has more to do with KM figuring out his role on this team full of new and different players. When KM was the leader of this team two (2) years ago, it was KM's team and the following guys were not around: RL, DE, JJ, MM, GG, JM, JB. This year, KM has probably erred to much on the side of being a good teammate, deferring to others and running the point as opposed to taking over the team like he did last night.

I doubt the year off has had much to do with KM's physical or mental game. Instead, the year off probably has more to do with KM figuring out his role on this team full of new and different players. When KM was the leader of this team two (2) years ago, it was KM's team and the following guys were not around: RL, DE, JJ, MM, GG, JM, JB. This year, KM has probably erred to much on the side of being a good teammate, deferring to others and running the point as opposed to taking over the team like he did last night.

Kind of what I was trying to say.

We have some really good players surrounding Kwamain, but he is still the key to our team. He definitely makes everyone else better. He needs to keep it going. He went 9-13 from the floor yesterday and his 4 misses were from 3. If he is hitting that drive to the basket, we'll be in great shape.

JJ and MM have looked great lately. If you add sophomore year KM to that backcourt, I honestly think it wouldn't be a stretch to have sweet 16 thoughts.

I love seeing KM driving to the hoop and making those layups. his ability to do that really helped turn the tide last night.

We need KM to play his best basketball down the home stretch of conference play.

Yes; it calls to mind the 7-game (or was it more?) winning streak Marque Perry led the Billikens on to close out the 2003 regular season, nearly getting SLU into the Big-Dance picture.

Shortly into the 2nd half I looked at the guy I was with and simply said 'he's back' and I believe he's not going away anytime soon

Did the guy you were with once post on the boards as "Fiona Apple"?

I have to think that the year off killed his ability to pick the right spots to take over. I wonder if majerus said don't worry about it and listen to your instincts.

We have some really good players surrounding Kwamain, but he is still the key to our team. He definitely makes everyone else better. He needs to keep it going. He went 9-13 from the floor yesterday and his 4 misses were from 3. If he is hitting that drive to the basket, we'll be in great shape.

JJ and MM have looked great lately. If you add sophomore year KM to that backcourt, I honestly think it wouldn't be a stretch to have sweet 16 thoughts.

Hopefully we'll get even better play out of Kwamain than we got in 09-10, because the scuttlebutt during the summer of 2010 (after "the incident" but before "the debacle") was that Mitchell was unstoppable in pick-up play and we were projecting him as first-team all conference, leading to my claim that he'd be honorable-mention All-America this year, which he has fallen far short of thus far.