Nice win against X, but this conference is a toss up

Xavierfan

You guys flat out beat us, but then lose to Umass? A lot of teams are going to have 3 losses by the end of today? I thought after you beat us at Cintas that the bilikens were the favorite, but in my opinion, there is no favorite and this could end up being a big tie for first between possibly 4 teams.

After seeing both teams, UMass should beat Xavier. That, and there is no favorite now.

I dint even know where a UMass x game is being played but I suspect X will win. Thus is the year of parity in the a-10 and with every loss by X, Dayton, temple and slu to the other 10 teams the chances of multiple at larges goes down.

Game is at UMass...After seeing those two teams this week, I can't see X winning that game.

Disagree. I was not impressed with UMass at all. I really was as disheartened over this loss as any all season. I just didn't think they were that good compared to other teams we have played so far this season. We played awful, awful, awful and are right in the game if we make any free throws. I still expect Xavier to get going before the season is out. They still have a lot of talent and can win with that alone in this conference - even if the coaching isn't up to par and the rest of the stiffs continue to struggle.

Disagree. I was not impressed with UMass at all. I really was as disheartened over this loss as any all season. I just didn't think they were that good compared to other teams we have played so far this season. We played awful, awful, awful and are right in the game if we make any free throws. I still expect Xavier to get going before the season is out. They still have a lot of talent and can win with that alone in this conference - even if the coaching isn't up to par and the rest of the stiffs continue to struggle.

I was more impressed with the way UMass took the game over in the first half...very tough to do that against Coach Majerus's teams. For our A-10 chances, we need Xavier to beat UMass, and we need to clobber X at Chaifetz.

UMass had one of the hottest halves of anyone this year. Even if we are off a bit ...if UMass plays a normal 1st half we still win. They shot 70% from 3 and 65 1/2% overall in the first half. They would have been leading anybody in the first half including Ky or the Oh St . A normal UMass 1st half and you can subtract 4 twos and 3 threes. We would win by 4.

Hey, it happens....ask Kansas or Georgetown (both upset by unranked teams today). That's why you play the game. Does this game change my outlook ....not much. I will check the numbers tomorrow and we may drop back to an A team. But it doesn't change my outlook at this point. We are still the team to beat in the A-10

Just a feeling I have--we end up 11-5 in league play. Is that going to be good enough for 1st place seed in A-10 tourney ?

Until recently, I'd have said no way in Hades. Going in, I thought 11-5 would be the cutoff for a first round bye. Since everybody's so close, I think 11 wins is the 2 seed in the league at worset.

chaz williams and putney both had wonderful games. they flat out were the best players on the floor. they beat us. yes we should have made free throws and we missed bunnies, but they made the plays and shots and give them credit for that. i would love to have putney on the billikens.

this is another example of how evenly matched the conference is. and as kshoe stated above, the chances for more than 1 or 2 ncaa bid is slipping away. parrity just gives the bcs the excuse to take all the at larges. and it looks now like this is about an 8 team logjam. it is starting to get late and the door is closing.