1-1 Road Trip...thoughts?

JettFlight5

SO YOU MADE US LOSE! The Archbishop, and maybe even Cardinal Dolan, heard about it and put a general anathema on the entire SLU community (including the various pagan babies on our basketball team) because of your mortal sin. You should not have the balls to show your face at the 'Fetz again.

(Oh, sorry, you just admitted that you don't. ;) )

Burke is picketing in front of my house as we speak. I'm going to ask him if he can get me an ice pack.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. I dont know what games you have been watching or maybe you are just a KC homer, I dont know. KC SHOULD NOT EVER start. He should be 7 or 8th man and only in to give breathers. We are a far better team when he is off the court. And Majerus is seeing that ie KC with significantly less minutes.

LOL! Thanks, I haven't missed a game yet this year. He didn't play starters minutes, so why does it matter that he starts? He played 12 minutes. Twelve. Jett played 23 and McCall played 21. He practically is the 7th or 8th man.

Next.

You know who else is supposed to be a senior? Kwamain. He's also had four years under RM and has completely regressed from his Sophomore year. He has the potential to be infinitely better, yet he hasn't shown up the last several games.

He got worked against Kevin Dilllard, Lyons & Holloway, and now that midget on Umass. I expected more.

Agreed. That said, he was leading the A-10 in A/TO ratio while scoring 12 ppg. Could be worse.

Guys, we're not a perfect team. Our weaknesses were exploited a little today. That's basketball. If we go 2-0 at home we're still right on schedule.

Kwamain has to be better. 2 years ago, he would've taken over the game down the stretch and got us back into it. Actually 2 years ago, he wouldn't have even let us go down by 19. I'm not sure what's missing for him right now, but he absolutely needs to step it up.

Conklin, Jett, and Evans get to the line the most for us. Jett and Evans have struggled all year and now Conklin can get them either. We need to learn how to consistently hit those free throws and it needs to happen before our next game.

We shot it terribly from 3. 5-24 isn't going to win you many games at all.

Just win these 2 games at home here and we're in good shape. We all said we need 11 or 12 conference wins (plus whatever in AC) to make the tourney. We can get up to 7-3 with a sweep of 2 good teams here this week.

Agreed. That said, he was leading the A-10 in A/TO ratio while scoring 12 ppg. Could be worse.

Guys, we're not a perfect team. Our weaknesses were exploited a little today. That's basketball. If we go 2-0 at home we're still right on schedule.

I agree. Like I previously said, I only jumped into this conversation to point out how dumb it was to blame the loss today on the 7th/8th man. Whether Kyle has been a disappointment this season is not something I'm getting into.

BILLS

You know who else needs to step up? Kwamain.

Do I wish Kyle would play better? Obviously. But his stagnant offense is not the reason this game was lost. That was why I jumped into this whole discussion in the first place.

You know who else is supposed to be a senior? Kwamain. He's also had four years under RM and has completely regressed from his Sophomore year. He has the potential to be infinitely better, yet he hasn't shown up the last several games.

He got worked against Kevin Dilllard, Lyons & Holloway, and now that midget on Umass. I expected more.

+1

I can't figure out how Cassity is getting so much blame for this one. Mitchell had an awful game. He needs his offense to get going and his defense has been very bad at times throughout the season. I had a lot higher hopes for Mitchell than Cassity before the season and I don't think Mitchell is playing anywhere near the level he is capable. We need him going more than anything for us to be a top team. Cassity isn't the guy to take us to a different level. Sure, I would like Kyle to play better but Mitchell is the guy we need to get going.

the entire team takes the blame. .343 FG% sucks. CE and DE a combined 5-22 FG sucks. .208 3pt% sucks. CE and DE again, 3-11. BC and JJ a combined 4-12 at the free-throw line. We missed 11 FTs! if BC had hit all of his, he would have reached 1000 points! this is a talented bunch to be 16-5 and play such fundamentally unsound basketball.

I think what is most frustrating about KC is he doesn't join in the fight. The rest of the team has bad stat lines, but at least they're going it at, trying to win the game. KC doesn't go at it hard enough to even have a stat line. He is a senior. We needed someone to lead us to a win and he never tries to be that person.

I think what is most frustrating about KC is he doesn't join in the fight. The rest of the team has bad stat lines, but at least they're going it at, trying to win the game. KC doesn't go at it hard enough to even have a stat line. He is a senior. We needed someone to lead us to a win and he never tries to be that person.

This is right on.

Id much rather see a guy like DE or CE try to create shots and miss than watch KC stand out there looking to get rid of the ball as soon as he touches it.

You miss 100% of the shots you dont take.

KC has shown us he can get to the hoop. He has shown us he can shoot. He has shown us he can run the offesne.

The question is why isnt he doing these things anymore?

Any player can have an off shooting night. It has happened to guys like Clagget and Bonner and it has happened to guys like Polk and Bickel but a player can not go out on the floor with no inention of shooting.

Right now all Cassity is is a middle man. He is out there to receive a pass and then pass it to a player who actually wants to try and score.

Cassity is a model studnet athlete and come senior night I will give him a huge ovation. But as of right now I dont think he will be getting any big ovations until then.

Wow, if we play UMass in A10 tournament we will win.

Whatever combination of pain killers and pain certainly killed Conklin's free throw percentage

Their bigs were very good on defense; Conklin figured out some moves later in the game but they

Did shut down DE and free throw and 3 pt shooting were both off night projects

Here's the only thoughts I have right now: GOD DAMNIT MOTHER ###### SON OF A *****!!!

I'll try to check back in a few hours with an update.

I'll echo this sentiment. There was no reason for that loss other than missed FT's and Bunnies. I'll bet you RM chewed up his seat on the flight back from Amherst. GDigit I am so po'd at this unnecessary L... I think I'm gonna trash my laptop! What did we hit on FT's 8-19 or something totally stupid like that? I guarantee if we somehow find our way into the dance we will lose on FT's if it doesn't improve. Why wouldn't someone foul us? We can't make the d+&n things! Granted UMass was out of their mind in the first half shooting like 65% and we shot 39%. Then the run back to get it as close as 5 just to see it all go right down the toilet to those Gdigit FT's. C'MON, BILLS!

Yesterday, a urologist cut open my scrotum and proceeded to sever and cauterize my vas defrens. That was more pleasant than watching the first half of today's game.

Wow, Brian, you are one tough SOB, but so am I. I watched this whole wretched affair on big screen. One observation, the refs today put a whole new meaning on the phrase, "letting 'em play." There was more hitting going on out there today than the NY Giants and Forty Niners game last week.

One other observation. UMass has some very long limbed guys, and these types give us problems. Big problems. With the exception of that runt playing PG, they looked a whole lot taller than X or just about anyone else we've played. Are they? I don't really know, but they sure looked it.

Very disappointing loss...Looking at the box score though, UMass, despite their insane start, only made 2 more Field Goals than we did, and hit the same number of 3 balls...The team rebounds were virtually even, and the team assists were too. And our D forced 19 turnovers (obviously mostly in the second half)...Not too much of a disparity

Again, the loss boils down to 2 things (as our losses this year generally do): Poor 3 point shooting (5-24 for 21% ain't gonna get it done) and for the first time our Free Throw shooting really bit us in the a$$

Not real sure what to think about the game today.I saw a bunch of guys playing hard but not playing very well. Shooting was poor from the floor and the free throw line. KM threw in a real stinker today.He cannot play that poorly on the road if we are going to compete with a better than average team. DE played hard and really tried to impose his will but just couldn't find the basket. Freethrows are 90% concentration. We saw the team make 13 of 14 down the stretch at X because they were focused and poised to win the game. The intensity of the X game did not show up today. BC missed some freethrows today but wow did he play hard. I was very encouraged by the fight they showed.As poorly as they played at times, they had a chance in the second half.

As pissed off as I was during this game (and it's well documented), hope is still there. Yeah, I thought @Dayton was a resume buster. But the way the league looks right now, anyone can still make a big run. Let's hope it's the Billkens. The pieces are there.

Temple is the class of this league. Looking at their schedule the rest of the way they can definitely pull off the regular season championship. Then the question becomes whether the A10 gets 2 or 3 teams in the tourney.

Five remaining home games, to include Dayton & X, and four on the road. Going into todays game, our RPI was 42. I believe that we need, as a minimum a 6-3 for the remaining schedule to qualify for an at large berth. We can take 4 at home, but can we get 2 wins on the road? Not with a performance like today.

16-5 and some of you are going to throw our key players under the bus?! Wow, just wow. You guys don't even deserve the satisfaction that this team has/is providing. We played one terrible half on the road against a team that is undefeated at home. That's the fact, no excuses. Please don't post in a few months when we're dancing.

16-5 and some of you are going to throw our key players under the bus?! Wow, just wow. You guys don't even deserve the satisfaction that this team has/is providing. We played one terrible half on the road against a team that is undefeated at home. That's the fact, no excuses. Please don't post in a few months when we're dancing.

No excuses. Exactly right. The team played ######. No way around it. This is a message board. These are the most dedicated fans of the Billikens. Pretty sure they deserve all the satisfaction they receive from a Billikens' win and they have every right to ***** after a Billikens' loss.

When the Billikens go dancing this board will be euphoric.

No excuses. Exactly right. The team played ######. No way around it. This is a message board. These are the most dedicated fans of the Billikens. Pretty sure they deserve all the satisfaction they receive from a Billikens' win and they have every right to ***** after a Billikens' loss.

When the Billikens go dancing this board will be euphoric.

You're the most dedicated because you post on a message board? Yeah, and I'm a ###### king because I wear a crown.

When I wrote my comment the other day about "pray for good weather," I was kind of assuming that after a night game at Xavier, they'd go back to the hotel and sleep in the next morning and spend the rest of Thursday getting to Amherst. Instead they got back to campus after midnight Thursday morning and were practicing by 2:30. I bet at least some of them had and tried to make classes Thursday morning, and I'm guessing they spent the better part of Friday on at least two planes.

Anyone else wonder why they came home in between? Is a practice in your home gym that important?

-i believe the team chartered to amherst

I'm with Joe on this. I was surprised to hear they came home. Couldn't they do class work on-line? All this fuss is made about the students being away too long but in todays world how hard would it be for SLU to put some effort into making it easier for them to stay current with their classes on-line? Go straight to Amhurst and rent a conference room for a few hours Thursday and Friday and be ready to go on Saturday