OT- Restaurants around Chaifetz

biggdadiek

We are going to the concert tonight at Chaifetz and need to get something to eat beforehand....any recommendations? Doesn't have to be super fancy or any specific type of food. My wife is pregnant though so it can't be too smoky.

Thanks!

All of the bars and restaurants near chaifetz are smoke free. Pappy's is a great choice but I'd call ahead to make sure they have food left.

Let the great Good Pie debate, part II, commence.

Pappy's gets super crowded so it might be tough to get a good seat if you're with a pregnant woman.

Buffalo Brewing is right next door, the street-facing part of the building, and has decent food.

The Good Pie is right across the street and IN MY OPINION has excellent Neopolitan-style pizza. Others on here do not like the place and will say so.

The Field House is on Theresa between Washington and Locust. Good sports bar atmosphere, mediocre food.

Triumph also has mediocre food.

Vito's is one of my favorites, great pizza, pasta, and salads.

Kota has some good menu options and is on Grand and Washington.

Let the great Good Pie debate, part II, commence.

Pappy's gets super crowded so it might be tough to get a good seat if you're with a pregnant woman.

Buffalo Brewing is right next door, the street-facing part of the building, and has decent food.

The Good Pie is right across the street and IN MY OPINION has excellent Neopolitan-style pizza. Others on here do not like the place and will say so.

The Field House is on Theresa between Washington and Locust. Good sports bar atmosphere, mediocre food.

Triumph also has mediocre food.

Vito's is one of my favorites, great pizza, pasta, and salads.

Kota has some good menu options and is on Grand and Washington.

I swear, when I saw the topic, I thought, 'Here we go again!' :)

Another place to mention is The Fountain on Locust. It is kind of hidden away from the others. Not much of a restaurant, to be honest. More of a gourmet ice cream bar that happens to also serve food. Mostly sandwiches, salads, soups and a couple of pasta dishes. Food takes a while to come out and is only so-so, but it is kind of a neat place to get a drink and dessert.

thanks for the help...

we are gonna give Vitos a shot. Menu looks good and it looks like it is pretty close to Chaifetz....would I be better off parking at Vitos and walking to Chaifetz or vice versa?

I usually do street or lot parking near the place I am going to eat and then walk to the 'Fetz. I have found in the past that if you use the garage or lots right near 'Fetz that it take a very long time to get out after an event. Best to just walk a bit. However, you do have a pregnant wife...

I have always found Triumph's food to be excellent and Buffalo Brewing's food to be below average. I fall into the pro-Good Pie camp. There are long waits for all of these places when there are big events at the Fetz.

thanks for the help...

we are gonna give Vitos a shot. Menu looks good and it looks like it is pretty close to Chaifetz....would I be better off parking at Vitos and walking to Chaifetz or vice versa?

We ate at Vito's the night we attended the Texas So game and really thought the food was good. We all ate pasta and salad and since we do not have it in South FL toasted ravioli.