Lobos and Lobo Fans

Why are you all still here? Do you really think you are going to convince us the refs didn't play a large part in the outcome? I was not at all impressed with the Lobos or their fan's attitude. I respect and appreciate the Pit and its intimidation factor. Go back to your lives Lobo fans you won by 4 at home. Thats not a great accomplishment.

Saying we beat you by 4 is 'not an accomplishment' only belittles your own team.

Way to go!

You beating Illinois-Springfield by 10 at home with a 30-15 FT advantage isnt exactly impressive either. Neither is losing at Loyola Suckamount.

But according to you apparently you are on the way to a national title provided the refs dont screw you..........whatever.

I'd really like to wish you good luck and i really enjoyed watching your team win the 76 tournament but many of your 'fans' are making it quite hard. I like to root for the 'non bcs' as much as possible. You all should too.

Good luck in the A10 and i hope you do well despite the BS i've seen on this board.

Saying we beat you by 4 is 'not an accomplishment' only belittles your own team.

Way to go!

You beating Illinois-Springfield by 10 at home with a 30-15 FT advantage isnt exactly impressive either. Neither is losing at Loyola Suckamount.

But according to you apparently you are on the way to a national title provided the refs dont screw you..........whatever.

It doesn't belittle our team at all. It belittles the way they played last night. We had open shots that we've made all year and we missed them. I've watched several NM games this year including Anaheim and the road game against NMSU and was not impressed then either.

Nobody ever said that win against UIS was impressive nor were most of our fans happy with it nor were we even close to being happy with the LMU loss.

Keep putting words in our mouths.

If no one else will, I would really like to congratulate UNM for its win the other night. UNM's fans' interest in posting on the Billiken's board is a testament to how far SLU has come this year. It is patently obvious that UNM fans want to parade their own program on this board so they can rub shoulders with a program they would like to count as peers. Kuddos to them! UNM is a very respectable program, and I feel wonderful knowing that UNM is looking up to us and trying to emulate our program. It is rare for any mid-major to be in this spot, to be a key leader among strong mid-majors, and so I think all SLU fans should really breathe it in! To be able to count the UNM faithful as SLU followers is an honor. Thank you UNM, thank you very much!

If no one else will, I would really like to congratulate UNM for its win the other night. UNM's fans' interest in posting on the Billiken's board is a testament to how far SLU has come this year. It is patently obvious that UNM fans want to parade their own program on this board so they can rub shoulders with a program they would like to count as peers. Kuddos to them! UNM is a very respectable program, and I feel wonderful knowing that UNM is looking up to us and trying to emulate our program. It is rare for any mid-major to be in this spot, to be a key leader among strong mid-majors, and so I think all SLU fans should really breathe it in! To be able to count the UNM faithful as SLU followers is an honor. Thank you UNM, thank you very much!

Keep it up and your team may well be in the same league as the UNMs of the basketball world. You've got a long way to go though.

Let's face reality here:the fact that the game attendance was over 15,000 is a sad commentary on the City of Albuquerque and the state of New Mexico- There's nothing else to do; everybody is a New Mexico fan by default.Here's their mindset: it's New Year's Eve... we can either get drunk (New Mexico has the highest rate of alcoholism in the country), or we can go to the Lobos game.From watching the game, apparently many of the fans chose to do both.

Sure, the Partridge Family made the city famous with their song "Point Me In the Direction of Albuquerque", but other than that, you got nothing.

Keep it up and your team may well be in the same league as the UNMs of the basketball world. You've got a long way to go though.

And if you keep it up you just MIGHT move up from the drive up lane to working the front counter! Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!!! That UNM education workin' for ya'!!!

But, I also agree with the Lobo's posters that we can't blame the officiating for this loss. It's much more attributable to our cold shooting. I've always liked Steve Alford, and he did a good job coaching. Our coach, is better, though. The NM team isn't bad either, and they played a good game. However,SLU is obviously the better team, and would win this game on a neutral court 80% of the time. Let's see who is ranked and has the higher RPI at the end of the season.

Let's face reality here:the fact that the game attendance was over 15,000 is a sad commentary on the City of Albuquerque and the state of New Mexico- There's nothing else to do; everybody is a New Mexico fan by default.Here's their mindset: it's New Year's Eve... we can either get drunk (New Mexico has the highest rate of alcoholism in the country), or we can go to the Lobos game.From watching the game, apparently many of the fans chose to do both.

Sure, the Partridge Family made the city famous with their song "Point Me In the Direction of Albuquerque", but other than that, you got nothing.

I sure hope that makes you feel better about your loss. A pathetic generalization of an entire state's population into one group is the best way for you to accept your loss? Knocking a fan base for supporting their team? Thats actually more pathetic. It just shows that you have no insults to the Lobo basketball program or team so you search for alternatives, and the best you have are misguided insults at the state.

Owned :)

I'll buy St. Louis at 11, but no way is New Orleans ranked 24. They must have ranked this based on amateurs. New Orleans has professionals.

Agree, when I lived down on the Mississippi coast, I had to go into NO a lot for the job. Only city I knew where you can drive-up to the drive-up window any time of the day and get a Hurricane to go. :lol:

kjmac02, you are correct that I don't have any insults for the Lobos team. Like I said, i like the coach, and the team played well. They're not as good as the Billikens, though. Your and your cohorts' postings on this board have shown all of us the type of fans that support the Lobos. I was just illustrating that this is, in part, a result of a lack of other cultural outlets in the state, combined with a very high blood alcohol content.

Hell, you get off the jetway and the first thing you're hit with is a Hurricane kiosk. That city floats on alcohol. I'm not even sure they have a DUI law on the books.

Larry you right about the DUI.

But get this>

I am driving down St Charles (around the Garden District) in the right hand lane. I come upon a warning sign saying right hand lane for turning only which gave you about a 10 foot chance to merge left to continue on St Charles. Well, it took me about 30 feet and had cross the white line. Do you know they had a bunch of cops on the other side street pulling drivers over into a Walgreens parking lot who crossed the white line. They must had, with me, 30 cars in the lot they were writing tickets on. $180! What a town. <_<