From Lobo Land

HowlTime

Do you recognize you get an advantage at the pit and part of that is the better of the calls? If not, just go away, it's like debating math with someone who says 2+2 = 5. You can't do it. Honestly, I believe you earn it by the atmosphere you create. IF SLU fans will ever make the Fetz the same we'll get the same, it's pretty simple

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In all my life, I have never seen someone make such a blatantly idiotic statement when trying to be serious. Thank you - you just made me feel incredibly better about the victory we had taken from us last night by your refs. It is refreshing to see at least one Lobo fan admit the refs influenced the outcome. That does take guts. Congratulations!

Interesting way to interpret that, let's hope the selection committee sees it that way too.

Is it too late to open a keyboard store in St Louis? I mean there are going to be a lot of short circuits from all of these tears.

Hey dummy....the refs have influence in EVERY game. They referee them for Pete's sake.

Is it too late to open a keyboard store in St Louis? I mean there are going to be a lot of short circuits from all of these tears.

Ha.

Best of luck the rest of the season. We will be sure to make this a quality win for you all.

Someone posed the question, and I don't think I saw a response- how much does the altitude affect shooting? Our shots from 3 point land were abysmal...

Do you recognize you get an advantage at the pit and part of that is the better of the calls? If not, just go away, it's like debating math with someone who says 2+2 = 5. You can't do it. Honestly, I believe you earn it by the atmosphere you create. IF SLU fans will ever make the Fetz the same we'll get the same, it's pretty simple

Wow you guys are S...L..O....W!

It's called home court advantage...EVERY team gets it.

So yes...of course the Lobos get an advantage from playing at home. There must not be tough places to play in the A-10, because you guys would go bonkers if you had to play at UNLV, SDSU and BYU every year.

Interesting way to interpret that, let's hope the selection committee sees it that way too.

Hey dummy....the refs have influence in EVERY game. They referee them for Pete's sake.

Yep, when you are a Lobo playing at the Pit they sure do...

You are obviously a graduate of UNM...my condolences.

The refs weren't the best but even if we go 5-18 from 3 (which still isn't good) , we win that game. One reason we had so many fouls called was because our guards kept getting beat and that causes reach in fouls and then our big men have to step in and if they're a split second late, it will be a foul. I still think the reffing was bad, but we had every chance to win.

We all knew that we would lose another game this year, and I'd probably rather win the conference games. NM is good and I don't think either team played their best last night. Let's just go out and beat Dayton, GW, and Temple to start the conference schedule and we'll be in good shape for the rest of the year.

SLU played tough D and took care of the ball. I think they came out and executed the offense better in the second half. If we had just one 3 PT shooter on last night we win. But we didn't.

As for UNM that is a Final Four team right there (assuming they get to play each round of the tournament at home). What? They don't allow that? Well, it is a 2nd round team, maybe.

One out of every 6 people in New Mexico live in a freaking trailer despite getting in the top 15% of federal aid in the country. You name your state after f..king Mexico. I wouldn't call anyone else slow. Say Thank You for the charity and shut up

The refs weren't the best but even if we go 5-18 from 3 (which still isn't good) , we win that game. One reason we had so many fouls called was because our guards kept getting beat and that causes reach in fouls and then our big men have to step in and if they're a split second late, it will be a foul. I still think the reffing was bad, but we had every chance to win.

We all knew that we would lose another game this year, and I'd probably rather win the conference games. NM is good and I don't think either team played their best last night. Let's just go out and beat Dayton, GW, and Temple to start the conference schedule and we'll be in good shape for the rest of the year.

I won't talk about officiating anymore. It was horrendous and I'll leave it at that. In terms of knowing we would lose another few games...sure. But these are the games you almost HAVE to win in order to get an at large. We can't piss away games we should win against teams we are better than. That happened against LMU and again last night. This shouldn't be a 'learning' experience anymore. We need to take care of teams we should take care of. If we don't, then don't expect us to do it in conference play either.

You guys are MORONS!

HAVE FUN IN THE NIT!

S C O R E B O A R D!

THE REFS....HA HA....PU$$YS

Oh my, almost all caps. You are quite agitated today. Don't forget your meds...

It's just amazing that you are are still blaming the refs. There were bad calls for and against both teams!! What about that blocked 3 pointer with 7 seconds left??? The refs actually TRIED to let you guys win that game.

The fact of the matter is that your team stood around the arc and heaved up bricks while our guards drove to the hole and forced the refs to make a call. Many times it was a charge. But you can't just look at the FT disparity and assume that the refs were jobbing you. Seriously, you guys would make great byu fans.

It's just amazing that you are are still blaming the refs. There were bad calls for and against both teams!! What about that blocked 3 pointer with 7 seconds left??? The refs actually TRIED to let you guys win that game.

The fact of the matter is that your team stood around the arc and heaved up bricks while our guards drove to the hole and forced the refs to make a call. Many times it was a charge. But you can't just look at the FT disparity and assume that the refs were jobbing you. Seriously, you guys would make great byu fans.

First off don't compare us to BYU we're Jesuits not Mormons. Second there is a big difference between a bad call and an obviously wrong call the refs made a lot of calls that were obviously wrong for SLU and the hobos. We win that game 6/10 times. Lastly NM has an abundance of trailer park homes were lots of hobo lobos reside.

It was more a foul than the one called on SLU in the first half. Does that lobo also play soccer in Europe or just take lessons from JJ Barea?

UNM is a good team. Not great. They could barely eek out a win against a team that could barely buy a 3 point bucket. Gordon is a nice player. I liked Fenton's aggressiveness. Otherwise, the rest of the team was a solid fundamental team, but nothing special.

You guys are going to lose a game in conference play on the road when the majority of the foul calls go against you. I'm sure your reaction will be much like Bills' fans today.

At the end of the day, we couldn't hit 3 pointers at our normal clip or get a key stop at the end. And that was the game. The refs impacted the game and bailed UNM out a ridiculous number of times (e.g. the guy tripping in the lane). However, we still should have won. The refs affected the game, but aren't the reason we lost.

First off don't compare us to BYU we're Jesuits not Mormons. Second there is a big difference between a bad call and an obviously wrong call the refs made a lot of calls that were obviously wrong for SLU and the hobos. We win that game 6/10 times. Lastly NM has an abundance of trailer park homes were lots of hobo lobos reside.

A trailer is a house, so therefore they couldn't be "hobos". But I see what you are going for, hobos rhymes with lobos haha. Kinda like calling the Pit the "Armpit". You guys do make good puns :)

Excuse some of our "fans" they are an embarrasment to Lobo Nation...

Intelligent Lobo fans realize that was a great game and really could have gone either way until Phillip McDonald knocked down his only 3 pointer... Still St. Louis was in the game and gave the Lobos all they could handle.

Rick Majerus handled the game and referee with much class which isn't a shock. Too bad fans on both sides can't have the kind of class.

See you in the tournament. We win the MW tourney we are in!

Not impressed with their team. Sorry. We dominate on a neutral court. Fact. You obviously are needing some type of reassurance that you are a good team. Again Not impressed. Now go stroke off to your 'win'

"dominate" on a neutral court? You couldnt dominate vaunted Illinois-Springfield in the 'Fetz'(and shot 30 FT's to their 15 so i guess they got screwed too right?).

You lost - you have a good team. Enjoy the rest of your year. Enjoy the fact that ESPN's Andy Katz said SLU was in a "win win" situation playing in the PIT by either winning OR losing a close one, which you did.

Blaming the refs is petty and childish and, unfortunatly, typical of many over-passionate sportsfans (ours included).

How do i know refs dont matter that much?

We beat NMSU on their home court by 20, and they shot 35 FT's to our 20...........

They also shot 38 FT's ON OUR COURT earlier this year when they beat us in the 2nd game of the season. Apparently we got jobbed on our own court that night?

Let it go. Continue your good season as you should, now that Dayton is short a player and Xavier has fallen off the map apparently the conference appears to be up for grabs.

Haha yes we would beat you on a neutral floor. Looks like you still need to be reassured that you are a good team. Why are you on this board still? Comical. I was not impressed no matter how many times you post. Good stuff. Wow you guys are self conscious. Very amusing.

Haha yes we would beat you on a neutral floor. Looks like you still need to be reassured that you are a good team. Why are you on this board still? Comical. I was not impressed no matter how many times you post. Good stuff. Wow you guys are self conscious. Very amusing.

Your original comment was 'dominate', not 'beat' - way to backpeddle......

apparently you need the reassuring about your team. Sure you could beat us on a neutral floor.....no one is saying you couldnt. You could also lose to us on a neutral court. Both teams are 12-2. both are in the top 60 in rpi. Both need good wins as both are in non bcs conferences.

If you dont want to be 'impressed' with the Lobos and just ***** about the refs and dream that your team is invincible unless the refs screw you then that's your problem. Im sure Illinois-Springfield (are they even DI?) and Loyola Marymount (176 rpi) arent impressed with you either. I think SLU is a good team but you dont look anywhere as good lately as you did in the 76 classic, while we have gotten much better since then.

Your original comment was 'dominate', not 'beat' - way to backpeddle......

apparently you need the reassuring about your team. Sure you could beat us on a neutral floor.....no one is saying you couldnt. You could also lose to us on a neutral court. Both teams are 12-2. both are in the top 60 in rpi. Both need good wins as both are in non bcs conferences.

If you dont want to be 'impressed' with the Lobos and just ***** about the refs and dream that your team is invincible unless the refs screw you then that's your problem. Im sure Illinois-Springfield (are they even DI?) and Loyola Marymount (176 rpi) arent impressed with you either. I think SLU is a good team but you dont look anywhere as good lately as you did in the 76 classic, while we have gotten much better since then.

Does the word "delusional" mean anything to you? Forget all this talk about playing on a neutral court - we would beat you guys 7 out of 10 in the Armpit and you obviously know it. You got lucky last night - be happy and quit with trying to overcome your inferiority complex.

Does the word "delusional" mean anything to you? Forget all this talk about playing on a neutral court - we would beat you guys 7 out of 10 in the Armpit and you obviously know it. You got lucky last night - be happy and quit with trying to overcome your inferiority complex.

No, we dont obviously know it. To see the meaning of "delusional' please look in the mirror. You wouldnt win 7 out of 10 at the Pit. whatever.

Tried to be positive and friendly on my post only to have a few of you attack for no reason.

Blaming the refs and whining simply reveals YOUR inferiority complex. Take the loss like men and like your coach. Quit being whiny b**tches, its not becoming of you. You have a good season ahead of you so quit looking in the rear view mirror.

The more you blame the refs the less respect anyone has for you. I guess Illinois Springfield would beat you 7 out of 10 if it werent for the refs either right?? What was your excuse at Loyola Marymount? Got tired of playing in California? Majerus too busy sitting on the beach eating Veal Parmegian and didnt have a game plan?

Lose with some class. You shot 3-18 from the three point line. You lost. move on. Tried to be nice, but Feel free to think what you want going forward as we have scoreboard and you can go play with your coolo's.

They also shot 38 FT's ON OUR COURT earlier this year when they beat us in the 2nd game of the season. Apparently we got jobbed on our own court that night?

I already refuted this argument, yet you continue to use this for your case. 16 of those 38 free throws went to a player who is shooting under 50% from the line this year. The fouls probably hurt them more than helped them.. So please stop rambling on about this game you guys lost and comparing it to the game last night..

No, we dont obviously know it. To see the meaning of "delusional' please look in the mirror. You wouldnt win 7 out of 10 at the Pit. whatever.

Tried to be positive and friendly on my post only to have a few of you attack for no reason.

Blaming the refs and whining simply reveals YOUR inferiority complex. Take the loss like men and like your coach. Quit being whiny b**tches, its not becoming of you. You have a good season ahead of you so quit looking in the rear view mirror.

The more you blame the refs the less respect anyone has for you. I guess Illinois Springfield would beat you 7 out of 10 if it werent for the refs either right?? What was your excuse at Loyola Marymount? Got tired of playing in California? Majerus too busy sitting on the beach eating Veal Parmegian and didnt have a game plan?

Lose with some class. You shot 3-18 from the three point line. You lost. move on. Tried to be nice, but Feel free to think what you want going forward as we have scoreboard and you can go play with your coolo's.

You go out of your way to register on an opposing team's Internet forum and insult the other team's fans and coach and then accuse us of behaving inappropriately. Now, who is delusional? But you are right, 7 out of 10 was off base; probably more like 8 out of 10.