NYE GDT

brianstl

That sucked. You don't play well on the road, that happens. I think neutral court we may beat them.

Off to Dayton.

May? We would crush these guys with no home cooking. The pit is a joke

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No reason to be upset at all. A year ago we all would have been very satisfied with a close game on the road like this, and I still am. We showed we can be competitive against a good team in their house. We've only lost 2 games, we still have a lot of our schedule left to prove that we deserve to still be playing in March.

ESPN saying nicely that the reffing tonight was a bunch of FAGGOTRY. I wasn't able to see it, but I'll take EVERYONE'S word for it. oh well. at least they still have to live in new mexico.

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- Drew Gordon had 18 points and nine rebounds Saturday as New Mexico won its 10th game in a row, beating Saint Louis 64-60.

Brian Conklin had 20 points and nine rebounds for the Billikens (12-2), whose six-game winning streak came to an end.

Saint Louis moved out to a 21-14 lead before the Lobos (12-2) came storming back on a 12-2 run that was fueled by five consecutive trips to the foul line, generating the first eight of the points in that run. New Mexico led 31-29 at halftime.

The game was tied eight times, the last coming with 7:10 left when New Mexico's Phillip McDonald hit his only basket, a 3-pointer that put the Lobos ahead for good at 48-45.

That was an awesome game! There's no reason for our guys to hang their heads. The main thing is we all need to do our part to make sure that we don't lose a home game all year long. On a side note, UNM is better than Dayton, and their crowd beats the hell out of the sweater vesters. Unfortunately, their crowd also beats the hell out of ours.

It's not like fans there have anything else to do. Not much going on in New Mexico.

On a positive note, I can say that there was an awesome turnout by the Billikens.com all-stars at the Field House. The place was full of SLU fans, and the game was on every TV in the joint. I think Billiken Nation has a new home for away games.

The only thing missing was Skip, yelling "Blow the whistle!" at the sh! tty officiating crew.

No need to bash JJ. At least he has the balls to do something in crunch time. Sure, he made mistakes, but JJ also made some damn crucial plays for us.

Where the f was KC? I remember 2 buckets in the first half, but what else did he do besides get torched by Fenton?

Totally agree

Busted you don't know what the hell you're talking about when you say stuff like "NM is good but we're not there yet." That would have been a HUGE win if we pulled it off. This was a very close game between two of the 20-25 best teams in the country where their home court advantage (the refs) was the difference in the game. We're at least as good as them but we were on the road.

Very confident we'll beat Dayton on Wednesday.

Do we beat them on a neutral court? Yeah, probably. I don't take a ton of positives tonight. You're right, it would have been a nice win. Problem is, it wasn't. Just another L on the road. Take it out on Dayton Wednesday. 12-2 is good, and the Bills will get better.

Win on a neutral court? I think not. Why don't you take a close look at the replay and find the REAL reason for the free throw disparity. Lobos were called for more BS charges than I've ever seen. If not for the refs, the lobos win by 10+!!!

Well, had you guys showed up against Santa Clara, we'd have seen it firsthand in Anaheim. I give UNM credit for winning the game...but I'd take my chances anywhere, anytime in a rematch. Sounds like you would too.

Win on a neutral court? I think not. Why don't you take a close look at the replay and find the REAL reason for the free throw disparity. Lobos were called for more BS charges than I've ever seen. If not for the refs, the lobos win by 10+!!!

I'm starting to think majerus was high when he mentioned lobo fans being good basketball fans. You don't even know the rules. The refs called a charge on the billikens when the player's feet were off the ground.

Well, had you guys showed up against Santa Clara, we'd have seen it firsthand in Anaheim. I give UNM credit for winning the game...but I'd take my chances anywhere, anytime in a rematch. Sounds like you would too.

No doubt about it. Yeah the santa clara game sucked. They were absolutely on fire. Hey, if you gays were as hot you would have won tonight.

I'm starting to think majerus was high when he mentioned lobo fans being good basketball fans. You don't even know the rules. The refs called a charge on the billikens when the player's feet were off the ground.

Why don't you go back and see who had the most offensive fouls called against them. Drew Gordon made Conklin look like the slow punk that he is and they called him for some BS travel (I guess... I couldn't hear why the call went against UNM but whatever). The bottom line is that UNM took it to SLU. Period. UNM drove more and SLU looked like the pvssies that we all knew they were by playing out of position and tying to flop. Sure the flops fooled the hapless refs a few times but more often than not they had to blow the whistle and send the better team to the line.

Why don't you go back and see who had the most offensive fouls called against them. Drew Gordon made Conklin look like the slow punk that he is and they called him for some BS travel (I guess... I couldn't hear why the call went against UNM but whatever). The bottom line is that UNM took it to SLU. Period. UNM drove more and SLU looked like the pvssies that we all knew they were by playing out of position and tying to flop. Sure the flops fooled the hapless refs a few times but more often than not they had to blow the whistle and send the better team to the line.

We're you even paying attention? The biggest acting job of the night had to go to unm. Just because a team takes a charge doesn't mean they flop. You can't face the facts that the lobos played like sh!t and got the the calls.

We're you even paying attention? The biggest acting job of the night had to go to unm. Just because a team takes a charge doesn't mean they flop. You can't face the facts that the lobos played like sh!t and got the the calls.

Ok, whatever. All I can say is that we would have won by more if it werent for the refs keeping it close. Good luck in the AC-10, losers. I have a horrible feeling that, like other UNM defeated teams, you will start showing your true colors by dropping easy games. I hope I'm wrong.