Majerus intensity

papal

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon Roy. Even St. Lorenzo had his little Cameron Dollar fiasco. Rick is a much better recruiter in St. Louis than Romar was. Romar may have turned things around. Kennedy might've kept us from going into Vietnam in a big way. We'll never know and it's assinine to give credit where it isn't due.

Being consistant is laudable unless you are consistantly being a nattering nabob of negativity.......

not while he was at slu.

It's a lot easier to hop on the board and say RM is the best thing to ever happen to SLUH, is all about academics, has a great eye for talent, gets the most out of his players etc. No one is going to get on you for saying that. Everyone loves the optimist and when we are 9-1 that's certainly the fun thing to do.

Roy takes a harder stance. He believes in something and sticks by it. As has been said, he isn't the only one to think that. Lots of kids have hated Majerus, as have boosters, managers, walk-ons etc.

I don't think it is an either/or proposition. I personally think Majerus has been a big boost for the program. I disagree with a lot of what he does, but I don't want him to resign or be fired or anything like that. Maybe Roy does, but there is a wide spectrum of opinions and none of them have to be right.

Funny, i thought RM coached at SLU - when did he move to the high school ranks?

I like RM, but I definitely know where Roy is coming from.

Just a for fun question for Roy....

Who would you rather have as your coach? Majerus, Calipari, or Pitino?

Majerus, hands down, but Patino is a close second. I'm from Louisville, and am a UK fan through and through, despite knowing deep in my heart that Calamari runs one of the dirtiest programs in college sports, not just basketball. I don't know how many of you know much about Kentucky (the state) and how they take their college basketball, but my best comparison is that NCAAM basketball is to Kentucky what college football is to Texas. When Patino left UK, it was a sad day. When he got hired at UL two years later, for pennies on what he is actually worth as a coach, I think there were extra police on duty, because riots were feasible. Going back to where I started, the reason SLU turned me into the basketball fan that I am today isn't just winning, it's the fact that our program recruits players that aren't going to jump ship after 1-2 years to join the NBA, we recruit (mostly) players who make good decisions off the court as well as on. STUDENT atheletes, not student ATHELETES. RM, and his cast of supporting coaches, have a knack for not just spotting talent, but finding guys who are well rounded people. I say Patino as a close second, but at the same time, without searching, I wonder if he's ever started two players in a game that already have one degree and are working on their masters, and had a tournament quality team... Which brings me to my next quote/point:

Strong words. Good Catholics would dissaprove.

Majerus is totally COURAGEOUS in dealing with health issues.

Obesity serious issue. Hard to stay away from bratwurst.

Still chance that RM might not come back next season. Always up in air.

<b>50-50 that SLU can deal with Cook revenge. Might make NIT, but NCAA still in sight. Will be total miracle, but can still happen.</b>

Last season was chance to make impact. Willie gone thru no fault of own. Take years to recover, if EVER.

SLU not serious about basketball. IF were, would help athletes more.

Need to be more like Duke. Austin Rivers true definition of student athlete.

Boytoy total ******. Take things out of context.

Don't know what I know.

HAHA!

<i><b>MIGHT</b></i> make it to NIT? Where's the faith? This team has NCAA tournament written all over it. Barring a complete breakdown during conference play, we should finish no worse than 24-5. I'm sticking with 26-3 as my prediction. But, even at 24-5, in a not-too-terrible conference, we're dancing.

Lorenzo Romar is becoming the Ron Zook of college basketball. The guy has as much talent as any team in the country and can't coach them out of a wet paper bag.

Romar has won one PAC regular season title, 3 PAC Tournament titles, gone to three Sweet 16s, and gone to the NCAA Tournament 6 out of his nine years at U Dub. He has gone to the NCAA tournament as many times at Washington as his predecessors did in the 50 years before Romar got there. His team consistently plays their best basketball at the end of the season.

None of that is exactly Ron Zook like.

Majerus, hands down, but Patino is a close second. I'm from Louisville, and am a UK fan through and through, despite knowing deep in my heart that Calamari runs one of the dirtiest programs in college sports, not just basketball. I don't know how many of you know much about Kentucky (the state) and how they take their college basketball, but my best comparison is that NCAAM basketball is to Kentucky what college football is to Texas. When Patino left UK, it was a sad day. When he got hired at UL two years later, for pennies on what he is actually worth as a coach, I think there were extra police on duty, because riots were feasible. Going back to where I started, the reason SLU turned me into the basketball fan that I am today isn't just winning, it's the fact that our program recruits players that aren't going to jump ship after 1-2 years to join the NBA, we recruit (mostly) players who make good decisions off the court as well as on. STUDENT atheletes, not student ATHELETES. RM, and his cast of supporting coaches, have a knack for not just spotting talent, but finding guys who are well rounded people. I say Patino as a close second, but at the same time, without searching, I wonder if he's ever started two players in a game that already have one degree and are working on their masters, and had a tournament quality team... Which brings me to my next quote/point:

<i><b>MIGHT</b></i> make it to NIT? Where's the faith? This team has NCAA tournament written all over it. Barring a complete breakdown during conference play, we should finish no worse than 24-5. I'm sticking with 26-3 as my prediction. But, even at 24-5, in a not-too-terrible conference, we're dancing.

Ummmmm, it should be fairly obvious I was joking around with that post.

That's a very old chain of local restaurants. Greek. Uses the founder's first name, although I bet he couldn't define "nattering nabobs," let alone tell you who said it.

Still don't know who you're talking about other than Spiro Agnew.......

Got it finally----Spiro's

Never been there.

Edited by Billiken Rich