Purdue - X

X is being dominated at home by Purdue.

Boiler up. X is not the team everyone thought they were.

With Robbie Hummel healthy, Purdue will make up for the talent they lost from last season (Johnson and Moore).

With 6 minutes left in the half, everyone's favorite Xavier student-athlete Kenny Freeze has gone for the Big Donut. "Two" Holloway has 2 points.

X is not gonna give it to 'em.

Posted Image

Yes, X is the team everyone that they were. Perhaps you were a little premature in posting this?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win by X. I actually had Purdue by 3. The important point is not whether they won or lost by 3 but to show X is an overated team i.e. struggling with an unranked team. So the win keeps them ranked even if there position is too high. I want to keep them as high up as possible till we get to them. It will be toiugh but doable to beat them at home. I think when they come here it will be a W for us.

Watched only the first half but X showed me the same thing they did against Vandy .... playground street ball dominated by Holloway and Lyons. Redford just wanders the perimeter and bombs every now and then. Frease is an interior stiff but one who will play at the next level because he is large and tall. The whole offense was Lyons and Holloway going one-on-one. Now ...... if you can't defend those two straight up, they will win. If you help on defense, X will do to you what they did at Vandy. Seems simple enough to me. Mack doens't appear to be in any form of control with those two out there. Holloway had four assists; Lyons one.

That seems to tell me both are two guards, neither is a distributing point. But if it works, who am I to argue with it. It seems to work well for us having five or six guards to run at these two. Jett, Mitchell, McCall, Cassity, even Barnett. The key to beating them seems to play on-the-ball with the guards and having your big men limit their big men in second chance points. Which is, of course, our weakness -- the boards.

Also watched Umass play at Miami. Ughh. That was two ugly teams. Umass seems tro have only this Williams kid, transfer from Hofstra. About 5'8" but alway shigh speed and mostly out of control.

Impressive comeback- glad no one here danced on XU's grave too early.

Tu Holloway, who could have changed his name to TO after that first half, had ice in his veins down the stretch. They needed all three of those huge three-pointers to win, not to mention all the free throws he hit. Also, if you want to hate him, read his quote in the ESPN article: "You've watched me do that for two years...I try to play with my teammates and not be a ball hog, but with one minute to play, I'm going to take the shot."

You can argue whether they're overrated or underrated, but they're still the only undefeated A10 team and the conference remains theirs until someone else does something about it.

I might be in the minority here, but I'm rooting for Xavier. What Xavier does now has nothing to with who wins the A10. I want our wins over Xavier to be top 10 wins.

You're not in the minority. It's fine to call against X if you really hate them, but a more indifferent rationally thinking fan should see X winning non-conference games as a positive.

By the way, Robbie Hummel is basically that one old guy at the Y - double knee braces, always making everyone wait while he works out his cramps.

What schools offered you full-ride scholarships again, Pete? Yeah, that's what I thought. Just keep bringing people down.

What schools offered you full-ride scholarships again, Pete? Yeah, that's what I thought. Just keep bringing people down.

To put it in perspective, I made an innocuous joke about Hummel, a well-known division I athlete. A few days ago you were advocating the ouster of an elderly team chaplain. Clearly I'm the bully.

To put it in perspective, I made an innocuous joke about Hummel, a well-known division I athlete. A few days ago you were advocating the ouster of an elderly team chaplain. Clearly I'm the bully.

How you construed that as an "ouster" is simply beyond me. Aren't you an advocate of "Change?" I just think (as an opinion) it would be good to have a younger priest there at the games with Fr. Eugene leading the crowd in a pre-game prayer (as they do at several of our brother Jesuit institutions). Boy, you just seem always ready to get the nails and the hammer out, Peter.

Also, your crack on Robbie Hummel falls severely short and you should be banned for your comments about a kid who has suffered through injuries and is one of the good guys in college basketball. No one here cares for your comments.

Steve- please ban this poster.

hahaha none of this wouldve happened if you wouldve waited for the Xavier game to end before posting how much they suck......only for them to come back and win ,,, woot woot Lets go X number 8 in the country baby!!

support the a-10

support xavier

p.s. the blue bob has a super long tongue

How you construed that as an "ouster" is simply beyond me. Aren't you an advocate of "Change?" I just think (as an opinion) it would be good to have a younger priest there at the games with Fr. Eugene leading the crowd in a pre-game prayer (as they do at several of our brother Jesuit institutions). Boy, you just seem always ready to get the nails and the hammer out, Peter.

Also, your crack on Robbie Hummel falls severely short and you should be banned for your comments about a kid who has suffered through injuries and is one of the good guys in college basketball. No one here cares for your comments.

Awesome. This is truly precious.

You can argue whether they're overrated or underrated, but they're still the only undefeated A10 team and the conference remains theirs until someone else does something about it.

WE are going to do something about it. I would venture to guess that the coaching staff is already putting in about 25% of their research/planning into how we can beat X at X for our first meeting, as in all reality, our biggest challenge between now and then will be New Mexico. I'd also venture to guess that after every game between now and then, that number goes up 5%, putting us at 60% focus on that specific game when the time comes. We're going to know the defensive matchups. We're going to know the best way to force turnovers. We're going to know, beforehand, whether we're going to be able to rely on the 3-ball, or if the Bonecrusher is going to have to do our dirty work on the inside. With the South American Dictator at the helm, you have to believe that he is already strategizing for a HUGE game that is a mere 7+ weeks away. As much as I hate Xavier (and all things associated with the state of Ohio), I'd like to see them keep winning. That way, if we beat them on their own court, and when we beat them on ours, it won't matter if we lose to them on a "neutral" court during the conference tournament; we'll still be dancing.

This is funny stuff. Had me laughing as hard as the emails and PM's you've sent me.

I don't know Hummel personally. I don't dislike him, nor can I prove or disprove he's "one of the good guys", and I don't care either way. But watching him delay the game multiple time for cramps just reminded me of 'that one old guy at the Y'. No one laughs at your jokes on here, and I'm not asking you to laugh at mine.

I do, however, know Fr. Grollmes personally. Replacing him with another priest would do nothing. There are very few young Jesuits as it is, and I'm sure their time is better spent elsewhere. Aren't you a big advocate of "tradition", anyway? After all, how else could someone support Notre Dame?