N. Berry

huzzah

I think this is an embarrassment in recruiting. Berry is ranked 11-15 @ pf. SLU is listed as an also ran regarding interest. Berry's father and "Easy Ed" both attended SLU. Berry played summer ball on the campus of SLU. The reason for not picking SLU: I did not feel I fit in with the coaching staff or with the system. To have Mizery listed ahead of us is also tough to stomach. The coach there is new, controversial and has a losing record at his last place, Miami + a tarnished background there. Therefore we have a local prospect w/ bloodlines to SLU, w/ a chance to compare C-Arena to Hinkle, a chance to compare campuses, a chance to go to a school where he can be watched by family & friends conveniently choosing to go to a place overshadowed usually by the Big 10 and not as easy for friends and family. This is in light of us projected to be a top 50 program this year, being in a better conference, ranked in the top 100 academically, w/ a coach sporting a national reputation, a new arena to play in and we only come in as an also ran. It hurts. However, the final result will come in 6 years from now. Berry is too young to sign a letter of commitment at this time. He decided to declare early to end the recruiting process. He did not wait to see how we will do this year. Good bye and good luck Mr. Berry.

I think this is an embarrassment in recruiting. Berry is ranked 11-15 @ pf. SLU is listed as an also ran regarding interest. Berry's father and "Easy Ed" both attended SLU. Berry played summer ball on the campus of SLU. The reason for not picking SLU: I did not feel I fit in with the coaching staff or with the system. To have Mizery listed ahead of us is also tough to stomach. The coach there is new, controversial and has a losing record at his last place, Miami + a tarnished background there. Therefore we have a local prospect w/ bloodlines to SLU, w/ a chance to compare C-Arena to Hinkle, a chance to compare campuses, a chance to go to a school where he can be watched by family & friends conveniently choosing to go to a place overshadowed usually by the Big 10 and not as easy for friends and family. This is in light of us projected to be a top 50 program this year, being in a better conference, ranked in the top 100 academically, w/ a coach sporting a national reputation, a new arena to play in and we only come in as an also ran. It hurts. However, the final result will come in 6 years from now. Berry is too young to sign a letter of commitment at this time. He decided to declare early to end the recruiting process. He did not wait to see how we will do this year. Good bye and good luck Mr. Berry.

-we needed another thread on this because??

I think this is an embarrassment in recruiting. Berry is ranked 11-15 @ pf. SLU is listed as an also ran regarding interest. Berry's father and "Easy Ed" both attended SLU. Berry played summer ball on the campus of SLU. The reason for not picking SLU: I did not feel I fit in with the coaching staff or with the system. To have Mizery listed ahead of us is also tough to stomach. The coach there is

new, controversial and has a losing record at his last place, Miami + a tarnished background there. Therefore we have a local prospect w/ bloodlines to SLU, w/ a chance to compare C-Arena to Hinkle, a chance to

compare campuses, a chance to go to a school where he can be watched by family & friends conveniently choosing to go to a place overshadowed usually by the Big 10 and

not as easy for friends and family. This is in light of us projected to be a top 50 program this year, being in a better conference, ranked in the top 100 academically, w/ a coach sporting a national reputation, a new arena to play in and we only come in as an also ran. It hurts. However, the final result will come in 6 years from now. Berry is too young to sign a letter of commitment at this time. He decided to declare early to end the recruiting process. He

did not wait to see how we will do this year. Good bye and good luck Mr. Berry.

Nolan berry Roland berry who gives a ######

I'm just glad it's over so we don't waste time on him. If he hadn't committed the big boys would be smothering this kid after this season. Yeah it's a shame with Easy Ed in our history books but we're talking about a 16 year old kid who saw Butler play back to back Mondays on CBS. I'm not crying about it. Bring on November!

I'm just glad it's over so we don't waste time on him. If he hadn't committed the big boys would be smothering this kid after this season. Yeah it's a shame with Easy Ed in our history books but we're talking about a 16 year old kid who saw Butler play back to back Mondays on CBS. I'm not crying about it. Bring on November!

Berry committed to someone?

He was also infuriated that, somewhere along the line, SLU violated hallowed tradition by changing the uniforms from St. Louis to Saint Louis. (Hey, hey, wait -- I think I've just stumbled upon the Billy Goat Curse, St. Louis Version!!!)

Posted Image

As I recall, this change happened when Coach Grawer was the Basketball Coach, and it was discussed on TV at SLU's NIT game in Madison Square Garden. The explanation was the university wanted to have its own identity from the City.

Your STL Post-Dispatch routinely still calls SLU "St. Louis University," which was its name when I was there.

As I recall, this change happened when Coach Grawer was the Basketball Coach, and it was discussed on TV at SLU's NIT game in Madison Square Garden. The explanation was the university wanted to have its own identity from the City.

Your STL Post-Dispatch routinely still calls SLU "St. Louis University," which was its name when I was there.

You're not from around here, are you, stranger? :lol: