Schedule Update

crymdg2

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told over the weekend that we're playing @ New Mexico New Year's Eve. Great away game in one of the tougher places to play in the country.

That is correct. I was also told we will open the season on the road on November 4 and 5. I believe we've finally completed our portion of the schedule and we're waiting on the A-10 to complete their portion. It should be released by the end of the month.

That is correct. I was also told we will open the season on the road on November 4 and 5. I believe we've finally completed our portion of the schedule and we're waiting on the A-10 to complete their portion. It should be released by the end of the month.

I find it hard to believe that we're opening on the road. You could be right, but I would think that your source is misinformed.

Opening on the road? That seems very odd. Probably our return game with Rockhurst.

There is no return game with Rockhurst.

I have my doubts that we are opening on the road with any team as we already have 6 non-con non home games scheduled which is more than years past.

I find it hard to believe that we're opening on the road. You could be right, but I would think that your source is misinformed.

Not everyone can have sources with direct knowledge of the situation...

There is no return game with Rockhurst.

I have my doubts that we are opening on the road with any team as we already have 6 non-con non home games scheduled which is more than years past.

My guess is that Scoop was being sarcastic.

That has racial undertones.

Though his comment, "Rob Loe goes West Wing on dem hoes!" may be syntactically incorrect w/ regards to the commonly accepted rules of AAVE (African-American Vernacular English), I don't think that his comment can be inferred to be racially derogatory. Sexually, yes, as "hoes" quite obviously purveys a pejorative connotation towards women.

In light of those two suppositions, I think the correct statement should have been:

"Rob Loe be going West Wing on dem women! HA HA!"

I welcome further critique of my linguistic analysis. You jive turkeys.

Posted Image

No it doesn't.

Yes, it does. It's not blatant or overt, but it has the undertones. Undertones which are so ingrained in our culture that people don't readily recognize it.

Also, I want to clarify. I wasn't meaning to call Metz out to request any kind of censure. I think he's become a very good contributor to this forum and has lived up to the faith I had in him when I was requesting he get another chance and everyone else was wanting to ban him for life. However, I just found that particular post personally offensive and decided to express my opinion. It's not a big deal, though.

Yes, it does. It's not blatant or overt, but it has the undertones. Undertones which are so ingrained in our culture that people don't readily recognize it.

Also, I want to clarify. I wasn't meaning to call Metz out to request any kind of censure. I think he's become a very good contributor to this forum and has lived up to the faith I had in him when I was requesting he get another chance and everyone else was wanting to ban him for life. However, I just found that particular post personally offensive and decided to express my opinion. It's not a big deal, though.

that's Absurd Bills Fan.

Not really, but I've been waiting to say that.

in good fun, your profile picture makes me think of this:

Though his comment, "Rob Loe goes West Wing on dem hoes!" may be syntactically incorrect w/ regards to the commonly accepted rules of AAVE (African-American Vernacular English), I don't think that his comment can be inferred to be racially derogatory. Sexually, yes, as "hoes" quite obviously purveys a pejorative connotation towards women.

In light of those two suppositions, I think the correct statement should have been:

"Rob Loe be going West Wing on dem women! HA HA!"

I welcome further critique of my linguistic analysis. You jive turkeys.

Posted Image

Posted Image