Nolan Berry

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://crevecoeur.pa...-rising-rapidly

Will be interesting to keep an eye on what recruits are in Georgia next week. Let's hope RM sends someone.

This article again begs the question have we or have we not offered him a scholie? If not, why not? Where's the harm in offering? I think we understand that RM shuns kids who show no serious intrest in a SLU offer, eg Beal and McElmore. Is this the case with Berry, ie that he's clearly not interested in playing for his Grandfather's alma mater? If he's truly a top 50 kid, it won't be too long before the real biggies come a calling, like Duke, UNC, UK, FL, Kansas etc. Then it becomes really tough to convince him to stay home. This is a perplexing situation when viewed from afar. It would seem we have a built in "quiet" influential recruiter in his grandfather who is still considered a God at SLU. But I'm sure Easy Ed's staying out of the picture. So it would seem RM and staff has to do some serious schmoozing which doesn't seem to be happening. Calling Da Love, Pdiddy, and Billikan to give us some rational explanation for what's going on here. I'm thinking one reason might be that RM has told him watch how we do the next 2 years before you make a decision since you've got plenty of time. If we do well, ie make the dance and create some serious local buzz like selling out every game and earning a little more TV time, you might find SLU a more attractive option. Then again, NB may very well have told RM he wants out of St. Louis like al the other 4 and 5 star recruits over the last 10 years have done. If that's the case, then we should stop mentioning him as a serious SLU recruit.

Let's just agree here that Nolan "Boo" Berry will never don the same shade of Blue his grandpapi did.

this message brought to you by moveon.org

Posted Image

Metz go bother the Rockhurst program-that is your talent level.

This kid would be wise to follow in his grandfather's footsteps and be a local hero in St. Louis-you may not realize it but Easy Ed is the greatest Billiken ever.

Metz go bother the Rockhurst program-that is your talent level.

This kid would be wise to follow in his grandfather's footsteps and be a local hero in St. Louis-you may not realize it but Easy Ed is the greatest Billiken ever.

It ain't gonna happen. You "Heard" it here first.

The only way Berry will be in a SLU uniform is if the Bills make an NCAA tourney run this year and look like they are in a position to sustain success for the next few years.

I still think it would be unlikely but if they flop this year they have no chance.

I highly doubt he will end up at SLU but it would be nice to get one Blue Chip local to start a trend of local guys wanting to play for the billikens.

I'm convinced Berry isn't coming to SLU. He has pretty much no interest in us at this point and we're beginning to back off him.

He had an offer from us before, and he has one if he wants it, but he has minimal interest in us right now.

The only reason Berry no longer has much interest in SLU is because we haven't really been putting much effort into recruiting him.

I know this for a fact. He was once very interested but the other programs have worked much harder in recruiting him. And when Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame, Butler, Mizzou are working harder on a prospect than SLU, the Billikens don't have much of a chance.

The only reason Berry no longer has much interest in SLU is because we haven't really been putting much effort into recruiting him.

Come on, you think that's the "only" reason why he no longer has much interest in SLU? I get that he or someone close to him might have said that to you, but do you really believe it? I'd bet he no longer has much interest in SLU because there are much bigger programs after him.

Come on, you think that's the "only" reason why he no longer has much interest in SLU? I get that he or someone close to him might have said that to you, but do you really believe it? I'd bet he no longer has much interest in SLU because there are much bigger programs after him.

There were bigger programs after him in the spring when SLU was in the lead. Then Porter left, we stopped recruiting him and he moved on.

You can't blame him for that.

regardless moy, it is absurb that we "gave up" on a rising junior who's father is a billiken legend. we should have been camping in his backyard at least until next summer or was told to take a hike. the "let us know if you are interested in being a billiken" strategy seems a little far out considering the last time i checked we werent duke. instead we are concentrating on apparent soft greek guards averaging 6 points a game? wow.

There were bigger programs after him in the spring when SLU was in the lead. Then Porter left, we stopped recruiting him and he moved on.

I blame Stamos. If he wasnt too god damn lazy eating baklava and gyros in greece while recruiting, Berry would of committed to SLU by now.

I'm convinced Berry isn't coming to SLU. He has pretty much no interest in us at this point and we're beginning to back off him.

He had an offer from us before, and he has one if he wants it, but he has minimal interest in us right now.

+100 Great post. Majerus is smart enough to know when Billy Donovan sends a recruit a letter that you have no chance. Better to back off now then not recruit anyone else and pray the kid comes to SLU (a.k.a. the Soderberg Doctrine).

In the lead is a very loose statement. We didn't stop recruiting him, but once Porter left our chances with him dwindled.

I would love to have the kid...and say what you want, but if you know a kid is a longshot it's only a matter of time before you are wasting your time if you keep pursuing him hard.

He even said in that article above he was a Mizzou fan growing up, so we really don't have much of a home program advantage.

regardless moy, it is absurb that we "gave up" on a rising junior who's father is a billiken legend. we should have been camping in his backyard at least until next summer or was told to take a hike. the "let us know if you are interested in being a billiken" strategy seems a little far out considering the last time i checked we werent duke. instead we are concentrating on apparent soft greek guards averaging 6 points a game? wow.

I don't disagree Roy, but it wouldn't surprise me if Berry did in fact tell SLU that he wasn't interested once the big boys came calling and/or once Berry became more interested in the big boys over SLU.

NH, for all we know porter leaving could have been the triggering event for Berry to say "no" to SLU. And since that point, SLU has backed off and gone to other options. Also, Berry might have no interest in SLU, but doesn't want to burn any bridges.

I have a hard time believing that RM just said "the hell with it" and took a laissez faire approach to Berry without being told by Berry that SLU has slim to no chance. RM has a comparatively positive recruiting record at SLU and deserves the benefit of the doubt in my opinion. I believe there is a reason that RM/SLU backed off.

I'm amazed more Bills.com posters aren't recruiters for a living. We certainly have enough that know all the ins and outs, must be the travel

I suggest we change the name of this site to tmiwac.com ... too many idiots without a clue

With all due respect to Easy Ed, when a guy who graduated in 1949 is your "all-time best player," that's damned scary.

cincy's best graduated in 1960. san francisco's best player is a 1956 graduate. ucla's greatest graduated in 1969. when they are legends, it should stand up for decades.

cincy's best graduated in 1960. san francisco's best player is a 1956 graduate. ucla's greatest graduated in 1969. when they are legends, it should stand up for decades.

And they shouldn't be recruited over, either. That's why Rick stopped recruiting NB, he thought he might be better than Easy Ed. Don't want to mess with the legend.

There's the bitter old Roy we all love. Just a while ago he was mocking the possibility of RM "saving scholarships"... now, RM fills all the scholarships and Roy is calling a recruit he has never seen play "soft". What were your thoughts on the Glaze signing? I don't recall you commenting on that one. Oh well, Roy has proven to be a great judge of talent. I recall when some of us raised concerns about Sodie signing Anthony Mitchell even though it seemed the kid had no other credible D-1 offers... Roy assured us that he saw the kid play in high school and that he was good. Last year, Anthony Mitchell averaged 10 minutes per game as a redshirt junior for SIU-E. :blink:

I'm amazed more Bills.com posters aren't recruiters for a living. We certainly have enough that know all the ins and outs, must be the travel

I suggest we change the name of this site to tmiwac.com ... too many idiots without a clue

I wonder how RM was so successful at Utah if he is such a bad recruiter who has a penchant for bringing in "soft" players? It must be all that great homegrown talent produced out of the state of Utah that just landed in his lap. :blink: Where were these recruiting critics when our previous coach was signing the likes of Obi, Horace, A Mitchell and the f-er from Minnesota???

I wonder how RM was so successful at Utah if he is such a bad recruiter who has a penchant for bringing in "soft" players? It must be all that great homegrown talent produced out of the state of Utah that just landed in his lap. :blink: Where were these recruiting critics when our previous coach was signing the likes of Obi, Horace, A Mitchell and the f-er from Minnesota???

RM is not a bad recruiter. He is a good recruiter when he needs to be. That is my opinion. That doesn't mean he is infallible.