Dayton vs. Xavier

kshoe

What's your beef with Mario? He consistently schedules one of the better OOC schedules in the country, and is a key piece to our RPI and SOS. I don't know him on a personal level, but have spoken with him a few times, and he's nothing but a class act. I'd just like to hear your side of the story.

I like Mario as well. I've only had one encounter with him and he was a nice guy. I know some of our fans don't share the same feelings about him.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Mario as well. I've only had one encounter with him and he was a nice guy. I know some of our fans don't share the same feelings about him.

Yea I've spoken with Mario a couple times about how SLU and him don't necessarily get along, but I've never gotten the details. I've always kinda wondered why.

Anyways, as much smack talk has gone back and forth here, I respect SLU as a university and was a little bit upset about the Reed/Mitchell suspension. I was looking forward to the rivalry between two Jesuit schools and another strong competitor in the A-10. Hope all works out next season for you guys.

Yea I've spoken with Mario a couple times about how SLU and him don't necessarily get along, but I've never gotten the details. I've always kinda wondered why.

Anyways, as much smack talk has gone back and forth here, I respect SLU as a university and was a little bit upset about the Reed/Mitchell suspension. I was looking forward to the rivalry between two Jesuit schools and another strong competitor in the A-10. Hope all works out next season for you guys.

Yeah, hopefully so! It should be a great game between us next year if we both have all of our pieces. Do you think theres any chance Tu will try to make the jump to the NBA now?

You had me worried for a second. You were starting to sound like a Flyer fan.

Yeah, hopefully so! It should be a great game between us next year if we both have all of our pieces. Do you think theres any chance Tu will try to make the jump to the NBA now?

This is purely speculation, but I say 90% he stays now. Going into the tourney, I would've put it around 70/30 stay/leave. If he had a good tourney, that would of changed, but the poor performance is going to keep him fired up and determined to make a run next year. I wouldn't be shocked if he tested the waters, but I think he's back now.

What's your beef with Mario? He consistently schedules one of the better OOC schedules in the country, and is a key piece to our RPI and SOS. I don't know him on a personal level, but have spoken with him a few times, and he's nothing but a class act. I'd just like to hear your side of the story.

05-06 season one of our guys running around with the "SLU" flags during a timeout got dangerously close to ruffling up his single breasted suit he got at Burlington Coat Factory. The guy had a conniption with the officials. Real bush league attitude. Been on my ###### list ever since.

05-06 season one of our guys running around with the "SLU" flags during a timeout got dangerously close to ruffling up his single breasted suit he got at Burlington Coat Factory. The guy had a conniption with the officials. Real bush league attitude. Been on my ###### list ever since.

To be honest, I am going to say that we sound pretty f'n bush league talking smack about X and Tu Holloway. To attempt to talk smack about a team that has gone to the NCAA tournament 10 of the past 11 seasons, 4 Sweet Sixteens and 2 Elite Eights, had a player go in the 1st round of the NBA draft last season and the POY of the A-10 this season...well, it just makes us look awfully small time. X constantly wins, regardless of the coach (Gillen, Prosser, Miller and Mack.) Heck, the last time we beat them was in the 06-07 season, and that was at home.

I know I am not going to talk smack to a team that has been to the tourney 10 times since the last time we went. My hope is that we do our best to emulate that program soon and perhaps be a little bit humble until that actually occurs.

To be honest, I am going to say that we sound pretty f'n bush league talking smack about X and Tu Holloway. To attempt to talk smack about a team that has gone to the NCAA tournament 10 of the past 11 seasons, 4 Sweet Sixteens and 2 Elite Eights, had a player go in the 1st round of the NBA draft last season and the POY of the A-10 this season...well, it just makes us look awfully small time. X constantly wins, regardless of the coach (Gillen, Prosser, Miller and Mack.) Heck, the last time we beat them was in the 06-07 season, and that was at home.

I know I am not going to talk smack to a team that has been to the tourney 10 times since the last time we went. My hope is that we do our best to emulate that program soon and perhaps be a little bit humble until that actually occurs.

It's all out of good fun. I think our boy Muskie realizes that. I was surprised by the poor performance last night, though. I guess they had been somewhat overachieving all year.

It's all out of good fun. I think our boy Muskie realizes that. I was surprised by the poor performance last night, though. I guess they had been somewhat overachieving all year.

I think a lot of it was just out of good fun...but some of it was straight bush league crap that makes us look as small -time as some perceive us to be. Sometimes you have to earn the right to talk smack.