Big cheer for our fans

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I stayed, wish more fans would have. Why are they doing the senior thing at the END of the game now, is that an A-10 edict? Anyone know?

I don't know but it was monumentally stupid to do it at the end of the game. REALLY STUPID.

It was worse than STUPID....it was rude and insensitive to a guy who worked his butt off for the Billikens. If it was RM's decision, shame on him, if it was someone else's decision, shame on them for being Rude and Insensitive. I personally sent Mr. May an email telling him so. Everyone should voice their displeasure. No banquets...RM doesn't like them. No Midnight Madness...RM doesn't like them. Well guess what folks....it is not all about RM.

It was worse than STUPID....it was rude and insensitive to a guy who worked his butt off for the Billikens. If it was RM's decision, shame on him, if it was someone else's decision, shame on them for being Rude and Insensitive. I personally sent Mr. May an email telling him so. Everyone should voice their displeasure. No banquets...RM doesn't like them. No Midnight Madness...RM doesn't like them. Well guess what folks....it is not all about RM.

League issue.

Oh you came to a game?

I have been going to games for 30 years and supporting this team in a lot of other ways including financially. You are an idiotic dumbass.

I have been going to games for 30 years and supporting this team in a lot of other ways including financially. You are an idiotic dumbass.

I'm not the one resorting to namecalling. Quit this I've been supporting the team for X years bull****. You have been going to games 9 years longer than I've been alive and therefore 9 years longer than I have. Congrats.

The fans were awful today, but then again, if they bought their tickets before mid-October, they got scammed.

I actually thought they were much better than usual. Saying that people who bought their tickets before mid-october got scammed is just plain ignorant. Chain emails asking you to help the deposed king of Zambia and multi level marketing firms are scams.

Any idea what the idea is behind this rule?

The A-10 only gives teams 5 minutes before the game to celebrate their seniors. Yes, Majerus feels it's better placed at the end of the game so that the emotions of the team don't get too high before the game, but it all came down to logistics. BTW he also has a good reason for not doing midnight madness and I was told that, had this year resulted in a NCAA bid, next year SLU would have thrown such an event.

I'm not the one resorting to namecalling. Quit this I've been supporting the team for X years bull****. You have been going to games 9 years longer than I've been alive and therefore 9 years longer than I have. Congrats.

No, you're just the one attacking another fan, unprovoked. Nice, real nice.

Five minutes is a long time to have eckerle walk his parents to midcourt while a lengthy presentation is read and chris may presents him with his momento. Could easily do 3 - 4 players in that time plus probably run a quick video as well.

Then in classic charlie spoonhour style late in the game grab the mike and tell the crowd immediately after the game rickma has something he wants to say and then say a few kind words about paul.

Instead sounds like we f'd it up as badly as we did two years ago. That is terrible. No surprise no banquet again either. Sigh

Five minutes is a long time to have eckerle walk his parents to midcourt while a lengthy presentation is read and chris may presents him with his momento. Could easily do 3 - 4 players in that time plus probably run a quick video as well.

Then in classic charlie spoonhour style late in the game grab the mike and tell the crowd immediately after the game rickma has something he wants to say and then say a few kind words about paul.

Instead sounds like we f'd it up as badly as we did two years ago. That is terrible. No surprise no banquet again either. Sigh

I'm sorry but I don't think it's a case of ###### something up or not. I think it's a case of preference. I think if we had done it before the game people would be crabbing that they rushed through it and didn't give enough time for each player and whatnot. The banquet thing kinda sucks and I don't like the lack of a banquet even though I wouldn't go anyway.

I don't think the senior ceremony ever took but five minutes in all the years I have been a slu booster. And like I said, the one year charlie wanted to talk a little about highmark, claggett and waldman, he grabbed the mike as the game ended and talked about his greatest billiken squad.

Just finished watching the Illinois game (my second team :)) seeing as I missed it getting ready for the SLU game. They also did it after the game. It stared with quick coaches comments followed by a video of each player, walk with parents, and then each player getting some time on the mic.

I didn't mind after the game either. Wish more people hadn't walked out...maybe would have been different if we won today. I guess everyone just had to get to their cars to avoid that "horrible" St. Louis Saturday afternoon traffic.

Agree with Roy. Even HS teams do it before the game. When did Dayton do theirs? X? And the list goes on.

As to RM saying a few words, that is something I shall never live to see or hear. How can such an educated man mumble and say "you know" as much as he does? Most 5th graders can speak better than he does. If it must be done after the game then the fans should be told ahead of time and not mid-game by our announcer who has to constantly make corrections. At best it was a vague announcement today. Why not call a horse a horse instead of saying it might be a horse.

Agree with Roy. Even HS teams do it before the game. When did Dayton do theirs? X? And the list goes on.

As to RM saying a few words, that is something I shall never live to see or hear. How can such an educated man mumble and say "you know" as much as he does? Most 5th graders can speak better than he does. If it must be done after the game then the fans should be told ahead of time and not mid-game by our announcer who has to constantly make corrections. At best it was a vague announcement today. Why not call a horse a horse instead of saying it might be a horse.

People just *****, *****, ***** about every little thing. Rick has done a hell of a job with the team this year. Yet, people still have to find something to bash him, or someone else about. It amazes me.