Bills with Reed and Mitchell

3Jack

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. But you should be asking this question to the folks who are making absolute predictions on this board not me.

No, I asked it to the right person. If you had seen him play lately, which you admit you haven't, then you wouldn't be questioning whether or not we would be better with him and Willie.

No, I asked it to the right person. If you had seen him play lately, which you admit you haven't, then you wouldn't be questioning whether or not we would be better with him and Willie.

Holy strawman argument. Of course the team would be better I haven't said they wouldn't be. The question is if the Bills would be leading the conference.

Willie has such a huge impact on defense. He swats and alters a lot of those shots around the rim, which in turn frees up our guards to go out there and guard the 3. One of the big reasons we were near the top in the nation in 3-point defense was Willie. On offense, having Willie would have really helped our young guards by giving them a target to throw the ball to around the basket. I haven't read a lot of people making "absolute predictions" as trolling 3Jack suggests. OK, I'm done feeding the troll.

i cant imagine what reed, mitchell and the hyped barnett would have done last night with the no D lasalle. seriously, we would have scored 100 points last night.

with reed and mitchell we definitely would be in the top 4 of the league imo. i wont predict we would be 20-3 overall and undefeated in the conference or anything that extreme but the closeness of so many of our losses tells anyone with half a brain our record would be tremendously better.

The fact that Duquesne's basketball team suffered through a horrific tragedy a few years back and pieced together a team that is legitimately challenging Exavier for the top spot in the conference is remarkable. I'm not relating our situation to Duquesne's, but we are seeing that the pieces can be put back together. It's up to the players to make it happen on the court and it's up to the coaches to make sure that the right recruits are brought in. We were hit with the worst possible scenario (as was Duquesne) and I think our efforts should be applauded.

Here is all we need to know. The Bills are 2-11 this season in games decided by single digits. They have lost at least 4 games where they had the lead with less than 2 minutes left in the game. This also doesn't include the Dayton game where they lost by 10 but played excellent defense and were still in it in the final minutes. Add last season's two leading scorers, leading rebounder and leading shot blocker into the mix and it would be fair to say that the terrible record in close games would be far different.

The frustrating thing with the team this year is to see how close they are to being really good. Basically, the main issue is the inability to close out games. Change that 2-11 record to 8-5 (which is pretty conservative with KM and WR playing) and you have a team with 14 wins and in the thick of the A-10 title race.

Also, pointing out poor games that WR and KM had last season is meaningless. All good to great players have poor games. To use poor games from the previous season to make a point that they would have not been effective this season is quite frankly absurd and just reitarates your MO, which is to agitate fans on this board. You only show up after bad losses when you know that you can get a reaction.

we were 11-5 in conference last yr

This is really all you need to know.

11-5 last year, take the same team and replace Smif and Jordan with Evans and McCall and you have a better team.

Then add in Jett and Loe and you hava an even better team.

Plus the A-10 is down a bit from last year so IMO there is no doubt that they would be in the top part of the league.

But you never know.

This is really all you need to know.

11-5 last year, take the same team and replace Smif and Jordan with Evans and McCall and you have a better team.

Then add in Jett and Loe and you hava an even better team.

Plus the A-10 is down a bit from last year so IMO there is no doubt that they would be in the top part of the league.

But you never know.

This thread has me daydreaming about the possibilities for next year. A starting five of KM, JB, KC, RL and WR. First off the bench is CE, followed by MM, JJ, DE, BC, CS, JM and possibly PE. Change the mix of starters and reserves any way you like, we will be extremely good. It may be too much to hope for that all these fine young men are still here, but youneverknow, it could happen.

Please don't wake me up until next fall!

This thread has me daydreaming about the possibilities for next year. A starting five of KM, JB, KC, RL and WR. First off the bench is CE, followed by MM, JJ, DE, BC, CS, JM and possibly PE. Change the mix of starters and reserves any way you like, we will be extremely good. It may be too much to hope for that all these fine young men are still here, but youneverknow, it could happen.

Please don't wake me up until next fall!

Don't put BC so far down on the list. Right now he's playing the best of anyone. If his play continues thru the season, BC's made a huge leap forward. Our rotation next year should be a thing of beauty. You left CR out of your rotation. And I think once WR returns he gets better as well. I think our starters may well be KM, WR, JB, KC, and CE or BC. Give CE a pass this year because of his ill fated summer. Hopefully, he busts a gut this off season knowing he'll have to really step it up to get major minutes. Finally, we will not be a team of all underclassmen. And you have to know KM and WR will be fired up to show certain folks what a mistake was made last October.

Don't put BC so far down on the list. Right now he's playing the best of anyone. If his play continues thru the season, BC's made a huge leap forward. Our rotation next year should be a thing of beauty. You left CR out of your rotation. And I think once WR returns he gets better as well. I think our starters may well be KM, WR, JB, KC, and CE or BC. Give CE a pass this year because of his ill fated summer. Hopefully, he busts a gut this off season knowing he'll have to really step it up to get major minutes. Finally, we will not be a team of all underclassmen. And you have to know KM and WR will be fired up to show certain folks what a mistake was made last October.

Good points, 72. The fact that I forgot to include Corey in my list is just another indication of how deep we will be. And I did not mean to say that our reserves would come off the bench in exactly that order, nor that the lists of starters and reserves would shake out exactly that way. Still, this roster of players could put on quite a show for us next year!

Don't put BC so far down on the list. Right now he's playing the best of anyone. If his play continues thru the season, BC's made a huge leap forward.

I agree. That game against Xavier was the best all-around performance by a Bill this year. Not only did he score, but he played good defense against McLeon. His overall stats are not too bad considering he plays less than 20 minutes a game. You could do worse with a 5th starter or 6th man.

I want to see Loe and Ellis both do something that Conklin does - play with a lower base. They both still like to stand straight up in the air, typical big man problem. They are doing a better job of that on the defensive end, but they still have that problem on the offensive end. Ellis would be so much more dangerous if he would be ready to shoot when he catches the ball.

Yes. I just went thru the schedule. At best I've got us 20-3 at worst 18-5. That's based on the scores of the actuals and figuring WR and KM would have added about a net + 15 points for SLU. That may sound overly simplistic, it is, but look at the Portland game for example. They killed us on the inside. Sikma goes off for about 25 or so. Does he do that against WR? Highly doubtful. So add the net 15 to SLU's score we leave Portland with a 75-69 win. I figure the for sure L's to be Duke, Duquense, and MoSt. And I'm not so sure about MoSt. Also factor in KM's leadership and WR's unbridled enthusiasm, we may very well have been a ranked team right now and leading the A-10. Of course, I'm assuming the frosh would still be developing like they have been and BC's strong play would have largely been there as well.

Agree, 20-3 / 18-5.

This yr is gone, tough to think what could have been. The only good thing is that we all like what we see in the freshmen class... four good ones!

Winning last nite after losing Ellis was not likely against a veteran squad, with a big front line. Cory got 4 fouls relatively early, end of story. Quibbling about the timeout is a waste of time.

Next yr, if KM, WR, and Majerus are all back, we might have something, though taking a full yr off for both players is a huge challenge.

And all three coming back is a big IF. IMO. KM, yes, the other two... not so sure.

Didn't you learn anything from the Colorado/Relphorde thread?

...You remember... the thread where you said Colorado looked like an NCAA team.

I thought 3jack was related to Tommie Lazidell XLII?

Or am I completely off on that? Either way the guy is a troll.

I have a feeling 3Jack doesn't attend or watch many games. If not for the suspensions, the way the season has played out, we would likely be 20-3 with road wins over Temple and Xavier.

I would guess it is more likely that he doesn't watch or attend any. Instead, he sees the final score, posts on the board after reading the recap and then giggles to himself because he is so clever.