Quinton Chievous

SluSignGuy

via a Nate retweet of Eric Blumberg

(1/2) Quinton Chievous, son of #Mizzou all-time leading scorer @Bumjuice1873 narrowed his NCAA list. They are Penn St, Iowa, Nebraska, NC St, TCU, DePaul, SLU. He plans to decide in April.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/coloradostate/basketball/recruiting/player-Quinton-Chievous-113687

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/123944/quinton-chievous

It's only his third year of organized basketball. Rapid improvement each year, past two years. He's gone from nothing, to low major, to elite low major, to mid-major, to elite mid-major...and possibly BCS. He'll play the 2 or 3 depending on his handle which is rapidly improving. Mid-range game, can rebound. Trying to improving shooting range. Great work ethic. Instead of paying AAU ball last year(something he previously did), his dad had him work out with Kenny Anderson and Kenny Smith and Smith's brother in NYC as well playing in NYC and LA and NBA camp. Etc...which also limited his recruiting profile for a while.

He's a kid who's gone from not playing, to thrown into limited time as a 6'4 to 6'5 inside player, to a mid range game with improved handle to inside/outside wing in a very short amount of time. Rapid improvement, lots of work, and people are noticing.

High school coach is brother of head coach at Bradley. East Suburban Catholic League team,..large schools, 18-4 or so under the radar team and player. The best team in that league, and currently the #2 Chicago area ranked team is the alma mater of Porter Moser, ...Benet Academy.(Point guard headed to Northwestern and big man to Wisconsin)

Kid looks like he has nice potential and would be a nice get. I will go ahead and open the can of worms since I notice he is class of 2011...who will not be on the team next season? I am under the impression that once Manning was signed all scholarships were accounted for. Thus, it would seem that RM and staff feel that at least one player will not be back next season.

I know this is going to lead to a large discussion on the topic, but it is a legit question. Is it possible that this player is being recruited in case Willie does not meet his end of the deal academically? That could be the thought behind this, as opposed to another player not wanting to come or being welcomed back (at least I hope.)

Kid looks like he has nice potential and would be a nice get. I will go ahead and open the can of worms since I notice he is class of 2011...who will not be on the team next season? I am under the impression that once Manning was signed all scholarships were accounted for. Thus, it would seem that RM and staff feel that at least one player will not be back next season.

I know this is going to lead to a large discussion on the topic, but it is a legit question. Is it possible that this player is being recruited in case Willie does not meet his end of the deal academically? That could be the thought behind this, as opposed to another player not wanting to come or being welcomed back (at least I hope.)

My vote would be CS.

I hope the thought isn't to replace Willie with a Guard.

I wouldn't read too much into it regarding any specific player leaving at this point. This kid has a lot of other schools listed. As we have seen in the past, you never know when things can come up. That's why you have to always be recruiting.

My vote would be CS.

I hope the thought isn't to replace Willie with a Guard.

You obviously won't get a vote and we are not dumping any players from down under. Yes, if Willie can't make it all the way back we only want one player "son of AB" not the AB5 kind either

I said in a previous thread I think at least two kids on this year's roster will transfer. I told SignKid in DC who I thought it would be and I'll leave it at that. I still believe it to be true and figure anyone at the sophomore level and below is a candidiate.

Other thoughts: Eckerle graduates --- been discussed. I understand both Conklin and Cassity have or will complete undergrad --- stranger things have hapened. I don' believe Reed is on tis team until I see it --- just saying. Could be they all return, could be not.

via a Nate retweet of Eric Blumberg

(1/2) Quinton Chievous, son of #Mizzou all-time leading scorer @Bumjuice1873 narrowed his NCAA list. They are Penn St, Iowa, Nebraska, NC St, TCU, DePaul, SLU. He plans to decide in April.

http://rivals.yahoo....Chievous-113687

http://espn.go.com/m...uinton-chievous

Mizzou's all-time leading scorer is named "Bumjuice1973"?

Sounds about right.

Good memory. His dad was a helluva player. Great free throw shooter too.

Direct quote:

"I wear a band too sometimes, but only when I'm hurt."

His dad wouldn't let him play basketball at a younger age as he was running with the wrong crowd. So, he left Columbia, Missouri public schools(Rock Bridge) and moved back to Chicago(where he lived until 6th grade) with his mom for Soph year in high school, and attends a private school with more rules and discipline in Niles and is doing much better.

This is his third year of ever having a coach in organized basketball.

High school coach is brother of head coach at Bradley. East Suburban Catholic League team,..large schools, 18-4 or so under the radar team and player. The best team in that league, and currently the #2 Chicago area ranked team is the alma mater of Porter Moser, ...Benet Academy.(Point guard headed to Northwestern and big man to Wisconsin)

And ND played them pretty tough, too.

Direct quote:

"I wear a band too sometimes, but only when I'm hurt."

His dad wouldn't let him play basketball at a younger age as he was running with the wrong crowd. So, he left Columbia, Missouri public schools(Rock Bridge) and moved back to Chicago(where he lived until 6th grade) with his mom for Soph year in high school, and attends a private school with more rules and discipline in Niles and is doing much better.

This is his third year of ever having a coach in organized basketball.

Such a common story.

Kid gets in with the wrong crowd on the mean streets of Columbia Missouri so his parents move him to Chicago to get away from the violence.

No wait, the common story is the oppisite of this one.

for what it's worth, his sister transferred out of SLU after her frosh year

maybe she left because she wasn't into dating white girls. i can almost guaranGOTDAMNtee quinton chievous is into dating white girls. although he might be turned off by the consequences of stuffing SLU birds... PISS.

also, nice avatar. billy mitchell. best movie villain ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIBrcU768Cg

"when billy mitchell walks into an arcade, ya know... everything STOPS."

2 other potential recruits if Majerus decides to let someone go.

Earl is reporting that we have interest in Connell Crossland, former Haz Central player at Logan CC now. I never thought of Crossland as a prospect in HS but he played on a stacked team and wasn't always eligible. He's a Jon Smith clone, SF/PF super skinny 6'8 less than 200 lbs, primarily an inside player but can run the court, block shots, and board. Crossland has offers from Detroit, Gonzaga, San Diego St, TCU, and Murray St.

Also while perusing some recruiting sites came across 6'9 Martin Breunig, a member of the U-18 German team who is playing for a prep school in Wisconsin. Here's some video

Breunig Highlights

More video

Breunig just received an offer from Maryland, also has offers from Green Bay, Maine, San Fransisco, recieving interest from among others Cincy and Marquette. Sounds a lot like Cody Ellis, a little more athletic maybe. SLU hasn't offered him yet but is in his schools of interest.