The Missour St. Series

kshoe

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously? You think mentioning how you watch the Big Bang Theory is going to help any argument you make?

About a joke made? Not exactly an argument being made, but maybe you haven't read the whole thread.

Or maybe this is why my Math portion of the GMAT was filled with questions like:

X + 3 = 21, what is X.

I have an honest question with no hidden motives. Why exactly are you so mad at us not playing you next year? Do you understand why we can't play you next year? And while I have boasted on here before and been confrontational... I am asking an honest question. Honestly, we own the series between us and while I love playing an in-state rival and I am sure you do, why is missing a game next year SO bad? Because honestly, by the looks of it the chances of you winning aren't great ( not demeaning).

Why Can't you put efforts towards playing SIU or University of Missouri-Columbia? SEMO even... (even though they are terrible).

I have an honest question with no hidden motives. Why exactly are you so mad at us not playing you next year? Do you understand why we can't play you next year? And while I have boasted on here before and been confrontational... I am asking an honest question. Honestly, we own the series between us and while I love playing an in-state rival and I am sure you do, why is missing a game next year SO bad? Because honestly, by the looks of it the chances of you winning aren't great ( not demeaning).

Why Can't you put efforts towards playing SIU or University of Missouri-Columbia? SEMO even... (even though they are terrible).

After the game in springfield, my buddies and I were talking with a bears fan about the reasoning behind not scheduling SLU next year. He said there was some discussion about MO St. getting Mizzou on the schedule for next year.

If this is the case, I totally understand Mo st. not scheduling SLU or vice versa.

I would love to play Mizzou but I'm not holding my breath. I hate them but oh well.. if they want to play us great, if they don't ... great. But I highly doubt we play Mizzou next year. They haven't played us in forever, there is nothing really new to make them want to play us now....

Honestly, I want to play Mo. St. because they have beat us the last three times we've played and I truly feel like given our full roster we are the better team 2 out of those 3 years. But the only way to prove it is to do it.

I would love to play Mizzou but I'm not holding my breath. I hate them but oh well.. if they want to play us great, if they don't ... great. But I highly doubt we play Mizzou next year. They haven't played us in forever, there is nothing really new to make them want to play us now....

Preaching to the choir. I, and many other SLU fans, are salivating wanting to schedule Mizzou.

Let's be honest, while we have pissed each other off over the last few days I think it is fun to have a little non-conference rivalry going and it is fun pissing you guys off, especially when we win. But I can appreciate you guys as an opponent and do appreciate the rivalry and something to get excited about. So good luck the rest of the year, hope you do well... just next time WE play, I hope you guys do terrible and shoot a 10% game... if that.

I will try to answer your questions with the caveat that I do not speak for SLU; I am a SLU alumnus and fan.

The SLU-Mo. State series is a good non-conference rivalry. SLU has been having difficulty getting quality opponents to play at Chaifetz Arena. Putting all trash talk aside, I consider Mo. State to be a quality opponent. Add to this that our Coach says there was a handshake deal to continue the series. Next year would be SLU's turn to host the game. Looking at the rosters and judging by returning players, SLU might have the better team next year, although Weems is a very good player.

Yes, Mo. State has "owned" the series in recent years, now ahead 17-7, but the only way SLU can make inroads there is by improving and playing the game, not by having the series put into some hiatus, even a 1 year break. I was at one of those SLU wins at the now Scottrade Center on a Saturday afternoon under Coach Spoonhour, who was the SLU Coach then.

Mizzou won't play SLU, at least not at the current time. The last 3 game series between SLU and Mizzou was highly successful, all three good games that went down to the wire, and SLU won the first one, and led most of the game in the second one in Columbia before losing at the end. Mizzou won Game 3 on a last second shot, and that was it for the series.

I expect the SLU-SIU series to resume next season. Does anyone know more re that? SLU and SEMO have played in the past, but not in a recent series format. If SEMO improves its RPI, I would have no problem playing SEMO either. But until then, that one probably has to be a buy game when it is played. I was actually at a SEMO win over SLU under Coach Soderberg. That was not a good game for our side. Also, SLU has played UMKC, including in Kansas City. If I was in charge of SLU scheduling, which of course I'm not, I'd rather play UMKC than Rockhurst, as long as playing UMKC didn't really hurt SLU's RPI.

Taking into account Mo. State's scheduling situation for next season, do you think Mo. State would accept a 1-2-1, with next year's game in Springfield, the following 2 years at SLU, and Game 4 in Springfield? I don't know if SLU would accept that, but pose the question as a possible solution to a hiatus that SLU apparently does not want.

Taking into account Mo. State's scheduling situation for next season, do you think Mo. State would accept a 1-2-1, with next year's game in Springfield, the following 2 years at SLU, and Game 4 in Springfield? I don't know if SLU would accept that, but pose the question as a possible solution to a hiatus that SLU apparently does not want.

-Rick has stated he wants one of sms and siu home and the other on the road each season so while i think the 1-2-1 is a good attempt to keep the series going not sure he would

-Rick has stated he wants one of sms and siu home and the other on the road each season so while i think the 1-2-1 is a good attempt to keep the series going not sure he would

Yes, it messes up the rotation, as presumably next year's SIU game would be in Carbondale. In a 1-2-1, SLU wouldn't be able to get the two staggered until Year 3. It would mean playing at both Carbondale and Springfield next season.

If you actually think you would have the advantage in a game next year you are going crazy. You guys won't be near as good next year as you are this year, enough though you'll still have Weems.

Missouri State has won 9 of 11 in the series. That's a lot of different teams over a lot of different years. I don't think MSU would be scared to play SLU, even if SLU is going to be talented next year. They're talented this year as well, just young.

Weems will most likely be conference pre-season POY, and Patterson should step right into Creekmore's spot. Get a couple of Juco's to replace Mallet and Leonard, and actually have a full slate of players, and they will be just fine. MSU is bringing in their best recruiting class under Zo, with three slots still to give (most likely to Juco's). Pickens back from injury to give them a perimeter defender.

Since the team has only 10 scholarship players currently, and three of them are true freshmen, it wouldn't surprise me if next year's team is better than this year's.

Add Reed, Mitchell, and your freshmen developing another year, coupled with the game being at home, and I think SLU would be favored to win that game for sure. I'm just saying I don't think MSU is in for the drop that many outsiders seem to think.