Mo St by 13 over the Bills

The Wiz

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, the soccer is not a real sport argument again. Awesome.

I'm making the trip tonight also, so in response to the sane mo.st poster, I'm excited to see the arena. One of my bosses at work is a mo st grad, and he was saying how nice it was. Looking forward to the game, and of course, go billikens!

Friend, I respect your opinions but your Big 12-2 predictions are horrendous. Texas is way too high as is Texas Aggie. OSU is much better than ISU and Nebraska and probably Texas in fact.

Our schedule is pretty good. I find the Arky State comment laughable when you all always schedule at least one D2 team every year. Rockhurst, really? And if you read the Post-Dispatch, it is Cuonzo's intention to get SLU back on the schedule as soon as possible. We wouldn't run from a mediocrity. Aren't you all always improving though? Every year is supposed to be THE year. I don't think what you are saying holds water, but that is just me. Furthermore, we own this series all time, why would we run?

We don't like the Rockhurst game, but that area is an important feeder to SLU. You guys keep going with Arkansas State. Then keep complaining when you don't get an at large bid.

We don't like the Rockhurst game, but that area is an important feeder to SLU. You guys keep going with Arkansas State. Then keep complaining when you don't get an at large bid.

Since we'll never play a game at Rockhurst, I'm not sure I agree with this. How would that help? From what was in the paper earlier this year, we play Rockhurst because Biondi insists.

Since we'll never play a game at Rockhurst, I'm not sure I agree with this. How would that help? From what was in the paper earlier this year, we play Rockhurst because Biondi insists.

you're probably right. im just saying Rockhurst is still a good alumni relations game.

This year the former Fourth District Normal School had Arkansas State, Central Arkansas, and Arkansas-Little Rock all on the schedule.

The alleged scheduling conflict is pretty obvious- they know SLU will have a good, veteran team next year, and they don't want to get beat. They will need some time for their next JUCO infusion to take hold.

It's an old scheduling trick, play the rival when you have the Seniors, create issues to defer future games when the rival will have the good returning team.

This year the former Fourth District Normal School had Arkansas State, Central Arkansas, and Arkansas-Little Rock all on the schedule.

The alleged scheduling conflict is pretty obvious- they know SLU will have a good, veteran team next year, and they don't want to get beat.

Do you just not read other posts, or do you just ignore it and make things up on your own?

Either way, guess the 'truth' isn't needed over here.

Do you just not read other posts, or do you just ignore it and make things up on your own?

Either way, guess the 'truth' isn't needed over here.

Are you choosing to ignore what Coach Majerus had to say on the subject? Apparently, you are. Coach Majerus says there was a handshake deal.

Now we are seeing rebuttal spin coming from the other side. Evidently someone down there saw a need for it. And someone down there saw a need to create this situation. If SLU and Mo. State had agreed to play, then why schedule some other game? If for some reason Mo. State scheduled 1 too many away games, then why does the SLU-Mo. State series have to pay the price for that?

I choose to believe our Coach.

And as a SLU alumnus, from SLU's perspective, I see no reason to play this game 2 years in a row in Springfield. Mo. State will need to play this game more than SLU needs it.

Are you choosing to ignore what Coach Majerus had to say on the subject? Apparently, you are. Coach Majerus says there was a handshake deal.

Now we are seeing rebuttal spin coming from the other side. Evidently someone down there saw a need for it. And someone down there saw a need to create this situation. If SLU and Mo. State had agreed to play, then why schedule some other game? If for some reason Mo. State scheduled 1 too many away games, then why does the SLU-Mo. State series have to pay the price for that?

And perhaps since I'm not from Missouri (albeit having grown up 3 miles across the Mississippi River), but am a SLU alumnus, from SLU's perspective, I see no reason to play this game 2 years in a row in Springfield. Mo. State will need to play this game more than SLU needs it.

exactly. maybe there was no "contact" but Mo. St's coach wants to play so why schedule a game? They knew it was supposed to be at SLU next year.

And perhaps since I'm not from Missouri (albeit having grown up 3 miles across the Mississippi River), but am a SLU alumnus, from SLU's perspective, I see no reason to play this game 2 years in a row in Springfield. Mo. State will need to play this game more than SLU needs it.

Majerus also had a handshake deal to coach at USC so I think you can understand our hesitance to accept him at face value. Also we have no control in terms of the Bracket Busters and MWC/Valley Challenge. The fact that both are away is beyond our control.

I don't see how this game is more important to Missouri State than to SLU. With as much as Majerus is whining about it, it is fairly obvious that he values the series a great deal. Contrast this with Cuonzo.

If SLU and Mo. State had agreed to play, then why schedule some other game?

You, sir, clearly have never worked in athletics before. Contracts are a must and if a date is set for a contract to be received and it ISN'T by that time, the team will start looking immediately for a filler game.

And I am not ignoring Majerus as all, I understand that there was a hand shake, but I asked the same question to you. There was a handshake deal for us to play three seasons ago and SLU failed to get the contract back in time.

exactly. maybe there was no "contact" but Mo. St's coach wants to play so why schedule a game? They knew it was supposed to be at SLU next year.

In one sense, it might be better for SLU to not play Mo. State because it keeps Mo. State out of the St. Louis media and keeps Mo. State away from its recruiting, student, and alumni base in St. Louis.

On the other hand, in upcoming years, I think SLU will have the better team, and Mo. State would be a win on the SLU schedule. Don't you think they're keenly aware of that down in Springfield?

Irrespective, I will need to see compelling evidence to support SLU ever playing 2 years in a row, or 2 successive series games, in Springfield. That just does not pass the smell test. That is a not a solution. The next game in this series, after tonight's game, needs to be at SLU.

In one sense, it might be better for SLU to not play Mo. State because it keeps Mo. State out of the St. Louis media and keeps Mo. State away from its recruiting, student, and alumni base in St. Louis.

On the other hand, in upcoming years, I think SLU will have the better team, and Mo. State would be a win on the SLU schedule. Don't you think they're keenly aware of that down in Springfield?

Irrespective, I will need to see compelling evidence to support SLU ever playing 2 years in a row, or 2 successive series games, in Springfield. That just does not pass the smell test. That is a not a solution. The next game in this series, after tonight's game, needs to be at SLU.

Agreed, unless SMSU wants to play 2 in a row at Chaifetz after next year.

We are keenly aware in Springfield about the SLU hype and how you all never live up to it. Last year was supposed to be the year and then Ellis didn't get there in time. This year you have two guys out (who may NEVER come back--who knows?) but sure everyone is trembling about SLU in Springfield. If you look at the series historically, it is rather one sided with the good old boys from the 417 in charge. No reason to suspect that that will change. The more I read here, the more I realize how much fun it is going to see all of the despair after you get smashed. But a lot of A10 teams are going to do that so embrace the mediocrity my friends.

We are keenly aware in Springfield about the SLU hype and how you all never live up to it. Last year was supposed to be the year and then Ellis didn't get there in time. This year you have two guys out (who may NEVER come back--who knows?) but sure everyone is trembling about SLU in Springfield. If you look at the series historically, it is rather one sided with the good old boys from the 417 in charge. No reason to suspect that that will change. The more I read here, the more I realize how much fun it is going to see all of the despair after you get smashed. But a lot of A10 teams are going to do that so embrace the mediocrity my friends.

I got overly emotional again, did not mean to disparage SLU as badly as I did. I just don't get the Bay Area fellow.

Are you really going to do a touchdown dance if you win a home game against a team filled with 1st & 2nd year players? It's a game that SMS is clearly supposed to win.

You, sir, clearly have never worked in athletics before. Contracts are a must and if a date is set for a contract to be received and it ISN'T by that time, the team will start looking immediately for a filler game.

And I am not ignoring Majerus as all, I understand that there was a hand shake, but I asked the same question to you. There was a handshake deal for us to play three seasons ago and SLU failed to get the contract back in time.

The issue is not about 3 seasons ago. There was some issue there, but I don't recall it at this time. Perhaps others on this Board will be able to respond to that one.

At some point, SLU wanted to stagger the SIU and SMS series so SLU didn't play both on the road in the same season.

The issue is the current situation. Coach Majerus says there was a handshake deal. Why shouldn't he get ahead of the game and get to the media first? That was a good move, in my opinion. Evidently someone had a response.

This stuff is what makes this game a good rivalry, a game that should be played, even if my personal opinion is that Mo. State has more to lose by not playing it.

As for my experience, I have enough of it to remember when Southwest Missouri State was in the Division 2 MIAA and playing the then Northeast Missouri State (now Truman State), not too far from my neck of the woods.

Agreed, unless SMSU wants to play 2 in a row at Chaifetz after next year.

That would be ok, perhaps an acceptable enough solution. It would still smell, but not as bad as playing 2 straight down there and not getting anything out of it.

If things go as hoped, SLU can probably beat them down there next year anyway.

Good call, IMO.

We weren't suppose to be great last year. We actually overachieved what most expected. Hell, we were the youngest team in the nation last year. Do to a freak eye injury to Kwamain, you guys were able to play us without him. With him playing that game would have had a much different outcome. By the end of the year we were a couple of wins away from getting into the tourney.

Like footes said, you guys are expected to win this year. I don't think anyone will argue with you there. We have the 6th youngest team in the nation. Our frosh will be very good in the years to come, though. I suspect they will hang pretty tough tonight on the road against a senior led team.

I got overly emotional again, did not mean to disparage SLU as badly as I did. I just don't get the Bay Area fellow.

What don't you get? I'm just a loyal Billiken fan defending the honor of the Alma Mater.

Maybe we need another clock/monitor situation.

Did you guys get Gerry Pollard to ref tonight's game?

Anyway, it's a good rivalry. You guys need to figure out a way to continue the series.

I can't wait to read the " only if we had mitchell" excuse after we beat them.

SLU fans, you are retarded. I applaud you for supporting your school. Wouldn't expect anyone to NOT support their school. But let all of the "series" talk go. And get some vaseline ready for the new a-hole we are going to give you... you are terrible, idiotic d-bags with comments such as us having stds, being hoosiers, having no culture and so forth. You are idiots. In no way are you basing WHY you should win this game, instead you resort to attacking a city and area as reasons for.... well.... your guess is as good as mine. For that reasons, I hate you and you can all kiss my a$$... screw yourselves...

I can't wait to read the " only if we had mitchell" excuse after we beat them.

SLU fans, you are retarded. I applaud you for supporting your school. Wouldn't expect anyone to NOT support their school. But let all of the "series" talk go. And get some vaseline ready for the new a-hole we are going to give you... you are terrible, idiotic d-bags with comments such as us having stds, being hoosiers, having no culture and so forth. You are idiots. In no way are you basing WHY you should win this game, instead you resort to attacking a city and area as reasons for.... well.... your guess is as good as mine. For that reasons, I hate you and you can all kiss my a$$... screw yourselves...

I dont wanna get into this conversation with all of you but just look at how good kwamain is and if we lose by 10, you pretty much have to ask yourself how the game wouldve turned out if we had him.