Game Thoughts Austin Peay

bk18

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really know what to say. We played hard. Defense needs to be better. We need to be more organized. And we need ban those refs from Chaifetz for life.

I really hate to bring the refs into it, but they pretty much blew the game like 6 times.

The refs did not make a bad pass near the end of the game like Conklin did to Salecich; or try to take the ball all the way to the basket and get it blocked like Salecich; or grab the opponent like Salecich did with four seconds left in the game; or take the ball to far in and have it knocked away in the last second. Cassity played a very good game. I am glad it was not one of the freshmen who committed the turnovers in the last two minutes of the game. The veterans have to play better at crunch time.

I have never been that upset with a call in my life. A cheap ticky tack foul with 4 secs left and 30 feet from the basket. Truly unreal.

first time i have agreed with kshoe on something in years. one of the worst foul calls i have ever seen in my life.

4-18 from three point range....game over...

And one player, M.McCall, made two of them. So only two from the rest of the team. By the way, that foul did not have to be called at that time in the game, but it definitely was a foul. You just don't usually see it called on the home team. But, if it's a foul at the beginning of the game it should be a foul at the end of the game.

We really lack leadership which was very apparent this evening. There is no go-to guy on this team.

Actually, I think Jordair Jett is going to be our go-to guy within the next couple of months. He clearly has a nose for the basketball and has enough control of his body to not foul when he is driving.

Actually, I think Jordair Jett is going to be our go-to guy within the next couple of months. He clearly has a nose for the basketball and has enough control of his body to not foul when he is driving.

Perhaps he will be the go-to guy in the future but there is zero leadership now. Very frustrating to watch.

+10

And, why do we get so homered at our own building?

I DON'T KNOW!??!?!?!??!? Ever since I started at SLU we have NEVER gotten the proverbial 'Home Court Advantage' with respect to fouls...

They came out with a study a few years ago, which concluded that the Home team ends up with less fouls then the Road team something like 75% of the time...WHEN HAS THAT EVER HAPPENED FOR SLU??!!

By the time the conference games start, I believe Jett and McCall will be averaging double figures along with Ellis. Loe will have to average double figures if he is going to get a lot of minutes or else he won't be of much value to the team until he gets stronger on the boards. I believe he will eventually become very good once he gets used to the speed and toughness of the game in the US. We have got to have stronger board work or it will be a long season.

The refs did not make a bad pass near the end of the game like Conklin did to Salecich; or try to take the ball all the way to the basket and get it blocked like Salecich; or grab the opponent like Salecich did with four seconds left in the game; or take the ball to far in and have it knocked away in the last second. Cassity played a very good game. I am glad it was not one of the freshmen who committed the turnovers in the last two minutes of the game. The veterans have to play better at crunch time.

Too far in??? Where was he supposed to pull up? At half court? He was pulling up at the three point line and the defender made a nice play. Cassity was our player of the game, I was impressed with his aggressiveness towards the basket.

I am now returning from my self-imposed ban from the board since April. There's been so much bullsh*t flying around, and I didn't want to discuss it. Any childlike sense of optimism I had surrounding this program and this school died last month. This was the year that was supposed to be the first big payoff of the Majerus era and a real shot at something special, but I don't care about any of that anymore. I don't care what the expectations are, what our record is, or who we're playing. When Cassity made the three to go up by 5, it was pure, unadulterated joy like you rarely experience past the age of 5, and because of that, regardless of anything surrounding this season, I have to keep coming back and give this team a chance. They're young, inexperienced, and small, but there is still something exciting and fun about Billiken basketball, and I loved every minute of it.

Youth is the only thing I have seen in few years as a Billiken, so I really wouldn't know what an experienced team looks like. Loved Jett and Cassity's aggression to the hoop when we were making 2nd half run. It would be nice to see it for more than a few minutes. Pretty epic pic by Conk. Classic Conklin. It's pretty simple what determines this team's success or failure:

1) Turnovers

2) Points in the paint

3) Rebounding

We were killed by them tonight in that order.

Great job by the students. Let's keep that going.

Shout out to my boys Jim and Jon for receiving the loyal fan ball tonight.

Too far in??? Where was he supposed to pull up? At half court? He was pulling up at the three point line and the defender made a nice play. Cassity was our player of the game, I was impressed with his aggressiveness towards the basket.

I have no problem with how Cassity played but he was inside the three point line and drove close enough for the opponent to slap the ball away. I just wish he had stopped outside the three point line. However, we would not have been in the game if he had not played as well as he did. He played like a veteran.