Will KM really stay

slu72

According to WR, SR.... WR fielded 22 calls last night from schools. There will probably be more today. Wouldn't it be plausible that KM is receiving more? I know he didn't/hasn't asked for a release but for a player of his skills he would be in huge demand for anyone needing an experienced and gifted PG, and I'm talking BCS biggies.

According to WR, SR.... WR fielded 22 calls last night from schools. There will probably be more today. Wouldn't it be plausible that KM is receiving more? I know he didn't/hasn't asked for a release but for a player of his skills he would be in huge demand for anyone needing an experienced and gifted PG, and I'm talking BCS biggies.

because he can play in two months with friends, that would be the biggest reason I would think.

If I were in his shoes and and a pre-requisite to me playing for my current University is that I have to write a letter of apology for something I did not do, I would bolt in a heartbeat.

Frankly, and sadly, I would bet we have seen Kwamain play his last game in Billiken uniform.

I hope to see KM back in a SLU uniform again someday, but it would not suprise me if he is gone as well. I would say the only thing against a major BCS school picking him up is being 5'10".

Hes 6'0" at any major BCS school.

-if he has then wouldn't it be tampering unless he also got a release?

-i hope to see him play again, and play well, for SLU but i can see where he wouldn't

If I were in his shoes and and a pre-requisite to me playing for my current University is that I have to write a letter of apology for something I did not do, I would bolt in a heartbeat.

Frankly, and sadly, I would bet we have seen Kwamain play his last game in Billiken uniform.

I think the apology thing comes down to what must be said in the letter. If it is required that KM admit to some kind of assault, or anything else that may incriminate him in a criminal or civil legal proceeding, then I can absolutely see him not writing the letter. If the letter is something that can be handled vaguely and avoid incrimination, then it could work out. Remember that Kwamain apparently has an attorney doing his talking for him. Look up the guy and you'll see that this man works for probably the most well-known criminal defense firm in St. Louis. If Kwamain is intent on returning to SLU, and the letter is required, his lawyer will know how to write something that doesn't admit guilt.

If KM was leaving he would have already received his release. Schools cannot contact you until he is released from his scholarship. Unless we hear of KM requesting his release we shouldn't be worried about him leaving.

I am not sure this letter of apology thing is actually legit - KM's lawyer says he knows nothing about this requirement.

Release from scholarship is the key terminology here. Any talking before that is tampering. Does tampering occur? Do agents now pay players? Sure --- but I am certain its how its done and if you are caught.

Key note: according to Timmerman, Reed is enrolling (with his release papers in hand) at Kansas State. He still has to sit out a full transfer year making him eligible to play second semester next year. The same will be true for Kwamain if he got a release. I would think any player would want that sooner, rather than later. Without getting that now, he is looking at two years removed from the basketball court. I can't see that.

In another thread, I said I thought Kwamain was done. I am less inclined to stick with that prediction the longer Kwamain remains locked on to scholarship as opposed to getting his schollie release.

The timing makes the situation suck worse for the players. If they transfer, the most they can play is 1.5 more years instead of 2. If they stay, they have to either red shirt to get 2 more years of play. Or they lose a semester.

Who decides if KM fulfilled his requirements to be readmitted? The same court thats going to be pissed that he didn't get the full year?

Ask Craig Upchurch how that works.

As I understand it, as long as he meets the community service, counseling, and other small requirements in time he will be readmitted. It's not going to be like a panel ore something deciding if he is or not.