I know this is going to tick off some people

JettFlight5

I think it's reasonable to conclude that the wishes of a certain high dollar donor is more important than just about anything at SLU.

That is true...I guess anyone who read the original post I made would be offended by my insinuating that there was a degree of deceit/theft involved too.

That is true...I guess anyone who read the original post I made would be offended by my insinuating that there was a degree of deceit/theft involved too.

Do we know for a fact this young woman is related to a high $$$ donor or is this just speculation?

Do we know for a fact this young woman is related to a high $$$ donor or is this just speculation?

I am as depressed as anyone is about this situation. I do not understand why Willie and Kwamain MAY not have had their parents/attorneys in the hearing with them. I worry about the "morning after regret" being the driver to potentially unfounded accusations.

All that said, regardless of whether there is a big donor involved, these players all put themselves in a bad situation because they made bad decisions. Often, we all get away with bad decisions, but sometimes it catches up with us. These players, as much as I like them, put themselves in a bad situation by making bad decisions. They (and we) are paying for that. Why can't everyone acknowledge that and move on? A lot of people want civil suits (no win situation for all involved), but if these guys (and the girl) had exercised better judgement, NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED!

I wish this had not happened, but it did. Quit blaming the University - they were foisted into a no-win situation and handled as would most universities. LET'S MOVE ON.

Sorry, I don't care what kind of predicament the University was put in.

One of the things that SLU prides itself on as a Jesuit University is their commitment to Justice. It's kind of ironic now, hearing about how things were apparently stacked against the players in the Student "Court". SLU should be committed to this ideal in all instances, not just when it is convenient or meets the needs of influential people. Forgive me if I'm not ready to move on...

Sorry, I don't care what kind of predicament the University was put in.

One of the things that SLU prides itself on as a Jesuit University is their commitment to Justice. It's kind of ironic now, hearing about how things were apparently stacked against the players in the Student "Court". SLU should be committed to this ideal in all instances, not just when it is convenient or meets the needs of influential people. Forgive me if I'm not ready to move on...

If you think it makes you happier to wallow away in your own self-despair as you seek in vain to apportion blame then I am truly sorry for you.

If you think it makes you happier to wallow away in your own self-despair as you seek in vain to apportion blame then I am truly sorry for you.

There is no self-despair or wallowing here, and no seeking in vain for blame. All parties involved seem to have some of the blame for this.

However, I'm not just going to forget how this was handled by the powers that be that could have handled this with more fairness and "move on."

There is no self-despair or wallowing here, and no seeking in vain for blame. All parties involved seem to have some of the blame for this.

However, I'm not just going to forget how this was handled by the powers that be that could have handled this with more fairness and "move on."

"Fair" is a four letter word. Just sayin'