Decision by Whom?

jgcurtin

Someone familiar with the SLU decision to suspend give me an idea where and who made this decision? Was this "sentence" given the University or by a student board empowered to take care of discipline issues within the student body? I've heard several different opinions about this by not being familiar with the process, I have no idea and is it possible to appeal or reverse the suspension to a higher authority?

i know youre looking for better answers but from what i understand the decision was made by the student board sometime in the past few weeks. the 2 athletes then went thru the appeals process, SLU made that announcement today so it seems as if the suspension was the final decision after the appeal .

Someone familiar with the SLU decision to suspend give me an idea where and who made this decision? Was this "sentence" given the University or by a student board empowered to take care of discipline issues within the student body? I've heard several different opinions about this by not being familiar with the process, I have no idea and is it possible to appeal or reverse the suspension to a higher authority?

The student board is made up of professors from what I heard.

Its less about the time than the players reputations now. The university has reduced the sentence to what is essentially just a suspension till mid-Dec. But the players have to also write an apology. In either case this essentially means, "Admit you did it and we'll let you off lightly." It all comes down to how much the guys want to fight for their reputations. If they do, they may be gone for good. If they don't, they're back by A-10 play.

Its less about the time than the players reputations now. The university has reduced the sentence to what is essentially just a suspension till mid-Dec. But the players have to also write an apology. In either case this essentially means, "Admit you did it and we'll let you off lightly." It all comes down to how much the guys want to fight for their reputations. If they do, they man be gone for good. If they don't, they're back by A-10 play.

I believe you are right and that is sickening. SLU is basically copping out by forcing them to say sorry, which implies guilt, and thus giving the university the relief of being the bad cop. God I hope they decide to comply, but if I were them, I doubt I could do that.

Its less about the time than the players reputations now. The university has reduced the sentence to what is essentially just a suspension till mid-Dec. But the players have to also write an apology. In either case this essentially means, "Admit you did it and we'll let you off lightly." It all comes down to how much the guys want to fight for their reputations. If they do, they man be gone for good. If they don't, they're back by A-10 play.

If i'm in their shoes, there is no f!cking way I write an apology; Admit guilt to something that I didn't do, no way in hell. I hope they don't write those letters, even if it is the difference of them coming back to SLU or not.

If i'm in their shoes, there is no f!cking way I write an apology; Admit guilt to something that I didn't do, no way in hell. I hope they don't write those letters, even if it is the difference of them coming back to SLU or not.

On second thought...maybe I would write the letter.

Dear ####,

I am sorry....that my c0ck is so big!

Peace.

Guys, these two did something wrong. Dont you get it? They are extremely lucky there wasnt enough evidence to charge them with a crime. Losing a semester of school and basketball is nothing compared to going to jail. Anyone who knows anything knows that something happened.

Guys, these two did something wrong. Dont you get it? They are extremely lucky there wasnt enough evidence to charge them with a crime. Losing a semester of school and basketball is nothing compared to going to jail. Anyone who knows anything knows that something happened.

Weird.Not enough evidence, yet you are convinced they did something wrong.

Screw you buddy. I'm tired of people on here acting like they know more than everyone else. Where you there? No one knows the facts, yet you insist on claiming that something illegal happened.

So these guys are great at covering up a crime and leaving no evidence of a crime? Gimme a break Berny, something may have happened but to say it was criminal is ridiculous. The Prosecutor and The Student Board do not think a crime occured but you know that one did?

So these guys are great at covering up a crime and leaving no evidence of a crime? Gimme a break Berny, something may have happened but to say it was criminal is ridiculous. The Prosecutor and The Student Board do not think a crime occured but you know that one did?

Agreed. It seems the school punished these kids to avoid bad press or complaints from the girl, and in doing so may have unfairly punished two students. There may have been a crime, but the school has no way of knowing. From all accounts the way this was handled was unfair and unprofessional. I think the school has a duty to punish wrongdoings, but this is a case of overreacting to a complaint and committing what could be a gross injustice.