New Message Board

I was hoping to get more done today, but I think I got the message board upgraded.

As you will notice, it looks a little different. I (stupidly) did not fully anticipate this, so I may need a bit to give it more of a Billikens look. I need to run now, so the logo will be the forum software name for a day.

There are new features to this software (social networking integration, reputations, etc). I may disable some, but I honestly need time to play.

My original plan for the weekend was to upgrade both the main web site and message board this weekend, but I may only get the message board done. Apologies for this. I encourage people to reply to this thread both to test your accounts and also with any feedback or things you want.

Sorry I did not get more done today. Thank you for your patience.

Steve

I haven't seen it on a PC yet, but on my iPhone browser right now the site looks GREAT! It was difficult browse this site mobily before -- lots of pinching and stretching required to read. Now it is great!

I haven't seen it on a PC yet, but on my iPhone browser right now the site looks GREAT! It was difficult browse this site mobily before -- lots of pinching and stretching required to read. Now it is great!

Was just going to say, the site is now bucknasty on iPhone. Getting my fix at lollapalooza. Haven't been home for 10 days so I'm sure there's plenty to read about.

Thanks for the positive feedback. As you can tell, I changed the logo some and am working on the colors. I need to figure out how to change that green tab color, but I will figure it out. My dad and uncle are in town, so I won't make more edits until later. So things may look weird, but everything should function fine.

With the new message board, there are "Mobile" themes. This is why things look better on the iPhone. I will edit these VERY little, so the logo may be something a lot more basic. I doubt people will care that much.

We will wait 'til next weekend to change the look of the main site. I warn that we are still on the old server. So in a few weeks, we go through some downtime again in the move. I just want to make sure things work before moving.

Let me know if you have suggestions or problems.

Steve

I was able to change some of the colors and the logo for people who view the board with a PC. I may have to borrow a friend's iPhone to change the logo for mobile users.

I am not 100% thrilled with the blue in the logo and how it goes with the more navy theme of the board, but I could be being too particular (changing away from the Navy would be a lot of work).

Time constraints did not allow me to change the main site. There will be bugs and frustrations, so I want to have time to wrestle with it. So I will put it off until next weekend. The site may be very inaccessible during that time.

Thanks again for your patience.

Steve

I have gotten one report of a user having problem with the board keeping track of their read posts. They use multiple computers and logon from both, but the new forum software apparently is not keeping track of their "read posts."

Is anyone else having this problem? If so, let me know, since I know I would be annoyed if it were happening to me.

I have gotten one report of a user having problem with the board keeping track of their read posts. They use multiple computers and logon from both, but the new forum software apparently is not keeping track of their "read posts."

Is anyone else having this problem? If so, let me know, since I know I would be annoyed if it were happening to me.

I think this is accurate. I tend to read on my phone and both work and home computers and noticed this as well.

You are saying that you are experiencing the same problem?

I can say I have the same problem. I use two computers, one at home and office, and the program doesn't pick up where I left off with either computer. I thought there was something that I needed to do to activate this feature. Steve, if you can fix this, that would be great.

mhg

I will look into this.

One thing that could help is to make sure you are logged into the forum whenever reading topics.

Also, when you are up to date on topics. Click the "Mark this forum as Read" link on the right side of the screen at the top of the threads. You may also be able to just click this link:

http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=markasread&marktype=forum&forumid=101&returntoforumid=101

This will mark all threads as read under your login. I however will investigate further for other potential solutions. Please report if the above seems to fix your problems.

Apologies.

I will look into this.

One thing that could help is to make sure you are logged into the forum whenever reading topics.

Also, when you are up to date on topics. Click the "Mark this forum as Read" link on the right side of the screen at the top of the threads. You may also be able to just click this link:

http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=markasread&marktype=forum&forumid=101&returntoforumid=101

This will mark all threads as read under your login. I however will investigate further for other potential solutions. Please report if the above seems to fix your problems.

Apologies.

That might have been the problem. I don't think I was actively logged into my username on my phone at the time because I had about 5 or 6 unread topics even though my computer said I was up to date. When I hit reply it told me I was not logged in, so I logged in and navigated back to the home page and I had no unread topics.

That might have been the problem. I don't think I was actively logged into my username on my phone at the time because I had about 5 or 6 unread topics even though my computer said I was up to date. When I hit reply it told me I was not logged in, so I logged in and navigated back to the home page and I had no unread topics.

Yeah, the key is to be logged in. Otherwise, the software has no idea how to tell who you are across multiple devices. To make life easier, check the "Remember Me" box, and it should keep you logged in on each machine.

In testing the problem, after logging in on a different machine, all my topics were appropriately marked as read. I will still investigate the problem further. But continue to let me know if there are problems or if they become resolved.

Appreciate all you do Steve! Account works just fine.

I was hoping to get more done today, but I think I got the message board upgraded.

As you will notice, it looks a little different. I (stupidly) did not fully anticipate this, so I may need a bit to give it more of a Billikens look. I need to run now, so the logo will be the forum software name for a day.

There are new features to this software (social networking integration, reputations, etc). I may disable some, but I honestly need time to play.

My original plan for the weekend was to upgrade both the main web site and message board this weekend, but I may only get the message board done. Apologies for this. I encourage people to reply to this thread both to test your accounts and also with any feedback or things you want.

Sorry I did not get more done today. Thank you for your patience.

Steve