THE ROAR IS BACK!

bk18

No, it really isn't that bad, nor was the execution of last year's campaign. It's just not "wow." Remember, we're starting pretty much from scratch building some sense of tradition, and now we're two years in a row roaring. Billikens don't roar. (On the other hand, Tigers do, so the point of differentiation also doesn't work really well.)

Maybe we're trying to be all "this is our cage" and whatnot, but I just don't see "Billiken Roar" as having any legs.

How about "Let Your Billiken Rawr" in a bold, rose-colored cursive font, and have an image of the Billiken wearing a smoking jacket, holding a martini glass, and giving his best 'come hither' look in a low-lit room with a fireplace in the background and tiger skin rug on the floor. We have to get more ladies in the seats.

No, it really isn't that bad, nor was the execution of last year's campaign. It's just not "wow." Remember, we're starting pretty much from scratch building some sense of tradition, and now we're two years in a row roaring. Billikens don't roar. (On the other hand, Tigers do, so the point of differentiation also doesn't work really well.)

Maybe we're trying to be all "this is our cage" and whatnot, but I just don't see "Billiken Roar" as having any legs.

I never liked it either. Wasn't horrible, just wasn't good. I thought the same thing last year ... Do Billikens Roar?

I never liked it either. Wasn't horrible, just wasn't good. I thought the same thing last year ... Do Billikens Roar?

One of my friends is in advertising and he mentioned that sometimes the office will have a competition for its employees to come up with the worst advertising campaign for certain clients. I sometimes wonder if SLU athletics is one of those clients.

yea dont like this ad either. just picture a billiken roaring (spelling?) absolutely ridiculous. the ads looked cool around campus last year but that slogan needs work. maybe something like "true blue tradition." dont think thats copyrighted, or the bills are back, st. Louis' finest, ready for takeoff etc etc. just throwing those out there.

• 2 weeks later...

while i am not particularly excited about "the roar is back", i dont have anything better so i dont see the point in bashing. those of you upset about it, i assume you sent chris may your better suggestion for a marketing campaign?

while i am not particularly excited about "the roar is back", i dont have anything better so i dont see the point in bashing. those of you upset about it, i assume you sent chris may your better suggestion for a marketing campaign?

I'm with Roy. It's not great, it's not bad, and I can't come up with anything mindblowing either so I'm fine with it. Keep the billboards coming. Especially of Paul.

I'm with Roy. It's not great, it's not bad, and I can't come up with anything mindblowing either so I'm fine with it. Keep the billboards coming. Especially of Paul.

By that standard, perhaps our slogan this year should be simply: "23-13. It's not great. It's not bad." :rolleyes:

I've seen the teaser billboards for this year.

THEY. ARE. WICKED!!!!!