OT - Interesting snapshot on SLU Alums

campy8

At $50K a year for four years of undergrad, plus another three years in law school, adding in the same costs, you will ring up $350K in costs to go to college. As a lawyer, you'd have to jump to the top of the pay scale and, with no expenses, you'd still take over 4 years to pay back your college costs. Physical therapsist are now required to have doctorates ---- that's a sevn- or eight-year program and you'd spend the next 8 or so years paying all that back --- with no secondary items lie food, rent, kids, etc. to hold you down. If college costs continue to rise, and with no guarantee that you'll have a job on graduation, something's got to give. The debt continues to escalate.

bk --- get some sleep son.

At $50K a year for four years of undergrad, plus another three years in law school, adding in the same costs, you will ring up $350K in costs to go to college. As a lawyer, you'd have to jump to the top of the pay scale and, with no expenses, you'd still take over 4 years to pay back your college costs. Physical therapsist are now required to have doctorates ---- that's a sevn- or eight-year program and you'd spend the next 8 or so years paying all that back --- with no secondary items lie food, rent, kids, etc. to hold you down. If college costs continue to rise, and with no guarantee that you'll have a job on graduation, something's got to give. The debt continues to escalate.

bk --- get some sleep son.

Not sure I'd recommend law school to anyone right now.

Not sure I'd recommend law school to anyone right now.

If someone has the money to spend, then sure, law school ain't bad. I wouldn't recommend becoming a lawyer to anyone, especially if you have to go in debt to do it. I'm learning the hard way.

If someone has the money to spend, then sure, law school ain't bad. I wouldn't recommend becoming a lawyer to anyone, especially if you have to go in debt to do it. I'm learning the hard way.

When's your loan going to be paid off? We'll have the wife's loan paid off in 2024.