Dillards list of schools

Hawk

From Jeff Goodman's Twitter

Southern Illinois point guard Kevin Dillard's considering the following 5 schools: Baylor, Dayton, Nebraska, Alabama and UTEP.

It would be interesting if he went to Dayton... That way we could still beat him :lol:

I hear we are one of the top teams under consideration for Dillard. I think he once commented that we were his second choice when he commited out of HS. I know he has had some issues with the coach/team, but I feel like our chemistry is stable. I wouldn't mind landing him as a transfer. We could be very solid, if not potentially outstanding at the guard spots with Staten, Parker, Dillard, Williams and Spearman.

I hear we are one of the top teams under consideration for Dillard. I think he once commented that we were his second choice when he commited out of HS. I know he has had some issues with the coach/team, but I feel like our chemistry is stable. I wouldn't mind landing him as a transfer. We could be very solid, if not potentially outstanding at the guard spots with Staten, Parker, Dillard, Williams and Spearman.

brian gregory is a hell of a recruiter. here he is recruiting friends at the water tower as a youngster...

Posted Image

what's eating brian gregory? his sweater vest.

Dillard is a talented player and would be a very good addition. He will do very well after he gets out of Carbondale.

• 2 weeks later...

So he leaves a program because he doesn't like the style of basketball and decides to go to a school that pretty much plays the same way?

This will turn out well for him.

I don't think there near the defensive emphasis at UD. Dayton is much more run and gun than SIU is. Plus Lowery's on the hotseat this year.

I don't think there near the defensive emphasis at UD. Dayton is much more run and gun than SIU is. Plus Lowery's on the hotseat this year.

Dayton played at a slower pace last season than SIU did. SIU ranked in at 172. Dayton came in at 187. The last three years the have basically have played at the same tempo.

We came in at 313.

We play at an average pace when you look at the entire game. If you watched the NIT run last year, you can see that we try to fast break off of any opportunity, but if we don't get numbers, we settle into a deliberate 1/2 court game that we weren't so good at last year.

I saw some SIU fan on another board mention that we play poor defense or some such nonsense. I think Pomeroy had us rated as the 9th most defensively efficient team in the country at the end of the year, and we hovered around the mark all year long. I don't think we will be that defensively good next year, but by the time Dillard is available in 2011-2012, he won't see a lot of minutes if he isn't playing decent defense, IMO. That is Gregorys M.O.

We play at an average pace when you look at the entire game. If you watched the NIT run last year, you can see that we try to fast break off of any opportunity, but if we don't get numbers, we settle into a deliberate 1/2 court game that we weren't so good at last year.

I saw some SIU fan on another board mention that we play poor defense or some such nonsense. I think Pomeroy had us rated as the 9th most defensively efficient team in the country at the end of the year, and we hovered around the mark all year long. I don't think we will be that defensively good next year, but by the time Dillard is available in 2011-2012, he won't see a lot of minutes if he isn't playing decent defense, IMO. That is Gregorys M.O.

dont worry about carbondale university's definition of defense. they get confused and sometimes think a good mix of rugby and back alley brawl is what qualifies as "defense".

Dillard is a good addition. Getting out of Carbondale will help him.