Femi John

Femi apparently applied for and received a medical hardship. Strickland is saying he is done with basketball at SLU, but will get his education at SLU paid for.

Assuming this to be correct, I'm guessing this opens another schollie?

This really sucks for Femi, he seems like a good kid. But good for him to be able to continue his education at SLU.

Femi apparently applied for and received a medical hardship. Strickland is saying he is done with basketball at SLU, but will get his education at SLU paid for.

This really sucks for Femi, he seems like a good kid. But good for him to be able to continue his education at SLU.

From what I have heard Strickland is right on this issue.

This is exactly why you never stop recruiting. What a difference a week makes. A week or so ago, some people were wringing their hands worrying about how players were going to get minutes. With one scholarship already available, another now with Femi and potentially this other unfortunate incident, there is more recruiting to be done. Not sure there is much out there now. Clyburn would have helped.

I feel for Femi.

He probably knew he wasnt going to make a career out of basketball but to have something you love taken away from you at such a young age has got to be hard.

Hopefully he can get his degree and find another passion to have a release for his competitive fire.

I feel for Femi.

He probably knew he wasnt going to make a career out of basketball but to have something you love taken away from you at such a young age has got to be hard.

Hopefully he can get his degree and find another passion to have a release for his competitive fire.

At least he's a smart kid. He'll get a solid degree and local employers will still remember him as a Billiken. This is assuming that he really is done.

I dont understand why he would apply for medical hardship if he couldnt play

At least he's a smart kid. He'll get a solid degree and local employers will still remember him as a Billiken. This is assuming that he really is done.

Yeah Stickland said he has almost completed his degree.

I would just imagine it would be hard to give up something up that was a huge part of your life at such a young age.

Guilty until proven innocent is a reoccurring theme on this board, 10yrsr.

Arent you the one who said a girl had been sexually assaulted because charges were filed. Talk about guilty until proven innocent.

Yeah Stickland said he has almost completed his degree.

I would just imagine it would be hard to give up something up that was a huge part of your life at such a young age.

Between his knees going out and his major, it's not too much of a surprise. It's sad that he has lost so much of his athleticism with the first injury last year and then he re-injured it this year a couple times. Odds are it would have happened again next year. He's a nursing major and I'm pretty sure they begin clinicals during junior year, which would be very tough to do on top of basketball.

Arent you the one who said a girl had been sexually assaulted because charges were filed. Talk about guilty until proven innocent.

No, I said there should be some concern for the woman involved. Nowhere did I mention a player or guilt.

No, I said there should be some concern for the woman involved. Nowhere did I mention a player or guilt.

You said assault happened, which implies guilt. Assault dont happen unless some is guilty.

That makes no sense. Check back later.

Again, show me where any news outlet said Assault happened. But, you said that it did.

Femi is not necessarily done yet. But either way, I hope he stays around the team and I think he could be a good coach some day.

Again, show me where any news outlet said Assault happened. But, you said that it did.

Femi is not necessarily done yet. But either way, I hope he stays around the team and I think he could be a good coach some day.

Agree with you on the Femi situation...I'd like to see P. Hunt on the Bills bench as an assistant down the road.