Possible Bad News...

The people who I heard names from announced it to the whole room, but when I pressed for sources, they said they couldn't tell who told but that they could not say with certainty their info was correct. Unfortunately, a room of 30 well connected and chatty people were told potentially incorrect information. Damage done. This could be the pipeline that people have heard this through...

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimbo, you must have a metro pass... you got the C word by the filter.

NO COMBINATION OF KEYSTROKES IS BEYOND MY GRASP. UNLESS I HIT THE MAX CHARACTER LIMIT OR THE THICK STEVENARK MONSTER PUTS THE KIBOSH ON ME.

SLU students sexual assault investigation ongoing

By Gabrielle Biondo

Originally published May 3, 2010 at 11:52 a.m., updated May 3, 2010 at 11:52 a.m.

St. Louis police said Monday no charges have been filed and they are still investigating a sexual assault case involving three St. Louis University students.

St. Louis Metropolitan Police said the incident happened between 3 and 4 a.m. Saturday, May 1 in the 3400 block of Laclede Avenue. University officials said the location is the Grand Forest Apartments.

Police said a student reported she was sexually assaulted by two male students in the campus dorm. According to police, the victim knew the two male students.

The two students accused of the attack were taken into police custody and questioned, but have been released pending the application of warrants with the circuit attorney's office.

Police said they have not turned the investigation of the early Saturday morning incident over to prosecutors yet.

Police and the university will not release the names of those accused until or unless warrants are issued.

School officials sent a campus alert after the alleged incident was reported. Officials also said representatives of Student Life, Campus Ministry and Student Health & Counseling are providing support to the female student.

STL Globe Democrat

I understand what libelous means. Not so sure you understand what common decency means though.

What makes you think I don't know what common decency means?

I haven't said any names, nor have I been arrested.

Are you kidding me? Or are you that upset about this, Mrs. Cleaver?

Libelous and common decency aren't as related as you infer.

Perhaps your quest for common decency should expand beyond billikens.com.

What makes you think I don't know what common decency means?

I haven't said any names, nor have I been arrested.

Are you kidding me? Or are you that upset about this, Mrs. Cleaver?

Libelous and common decency aren't as related as you infer.

Perhaps your quest for common decency should expand beyond billikens.com.

I didn't infer libel had anything to do with common decency. Libel is slandering a person's reputation, character, etc w/o any justification. You were questioning that it wouldn't be libelous to name names. It would be if they were the wrong names. Example; Someone says, OC's an embezzler when he isn't. But even if they were the right names, and who really knows at this point, it would be a violation of common decency, these kids do have parents, family, and friends, to post them on this board. It's a legal matter and officials aren't citing any names, so letting it run it's course would seem the DECENT thing to do. Don't you agree, Beav?

I didn't infer libel had anything to do with common decency. Libel is slandering a person's reputation, character, etc w/o any justification. You were questioning that it wouldn't be libelous to name names. It would be if they were the wrong names. Example; Someone says, OC's an embezzler when he isn't. But even if they were the right names, and who really knows at this point, it would be a violation of common decency, these kids do have parents, family, and friends, to post them on this board. It's a legal matter and officials aren't citing any names, so letting it run it's course would seem the DECENT thing to do. Don't you agree, Beav?

I hear you, and for the record I haven't named names. But I don't think it's libel to say X and Y were arrested...if in fact they were arrested.

The gal who was given the business to, also has parents, family, and friends--and probably an ended student(/athlete?) career at SLU.

Furthermore, Tony Dow was a great actor.

Question:

Let's say no charges are filed, but there's ample evidence of foul play, immoral action, or even a past history of improper behavior from one or both of the Billiken players...

...and SLU decides to boot them from school.

Is there a fear on SLU's part of the players coming back at SLU legally?

Being a private institution I'm semi-assuming that they can dismiss students easier without any real charge/conviction, etc.

Am I wrong? Thoughts?

I hear you, and for the record I haven't named names. But I don't think it's libel to say X and Y were arrested...if in fact they were arrested.

The gal who was given the business to, also has parents, family, and friends--and probably an ended student(/athlete?) career at SLU.

Furthermore, Tony Dow was a great actor.

We don't know what happened yet. We don't know if they were arrested or just brought in for questioning. The only thing we know is the police at this time have decided they don't have enough to turn the case over to the prosecutor's office.

This is why we shouldn't bring up names yet.

Jimbo, you must have a metro pass... you got the C word by the filter.

NO COMBINATION OF KEYSTROKES IS BEYOND MY GRASP. UNLESS I HIT THE MAX CHARACTER LIMIT OR THE THICK STEVENARK MONSTER PUTS THE KIBOSH ON ME.

Kiboshed. It may be hours later, but I don't think that post was appropriate.

I would assume ksdk or stltoday would report when the police were done with the investigation but I havent found anything. This could take a long time to develop...

Isnt it finals week at SLU? That has to be a tough situation for all parties involved.