Ho Ho Ho - The Mighty Sycamores Comin' to Town

Hey.........I come in peace and not to flame. I have enjoyed reading the posts about the game and see a lot of "we get at least three games at home" stuff, etc. Well.............if you don't win the first one, there are NO MORE at home. Our Sycamores are very deep & experienced (partially due to the multitude of injuries that tried to slow them down and forcing others to "bring their game"). The roster has responded & done just that from top to bottom......"brought their game" when called upon. Winning on the road is not a foreign term either. They have done that several times over the last two years.

I see where the Billikens rank pretty high in defending the 3-ball; the Sycamores rank pretty high in shooting it and hitting it with regularity. Guess we will see whose will is the strongest tonite? ISU also defends better than the average Bear. On the boards..................never know about that statistic........sometimes yes, sometimes no? Free throws...........hope you foul us a lot cause we like to shoot 'em.

Anyway, it appears that neither team was ready to quit on the season yet, so here's to a good game tonite and may the team who plays the best on this night move on.

:rolleyes:

Hey.........I come in peace and not to flame. I have enjoyed reading the posts about the game and see a lot of "we get at least three games at home" stuff, etc. Well.............if you don't win the first one, there are NO MORE at home. Our Sycamores are very deep & experienced (partially due to the multitude of injuries that tried to slow them down and forcing others to "bring their game"). The roster has responded & done just that from top to bottom......"brought their game" when called upon. Winning on the road is not a foreign term either. They have done that several times over the last two years.

I see where the Billikens rank pretty high in defending the 3-ball; the Sycamores rank pretty high in shooting it and hitting it with regularity. Guess we will see whose will is the strongest tonite? ISU also defends better than the average Bear. On the boards..................never know about that statistic........sometimes yes, sometimes no? Free throws...........hope you foul us a lot cause we like to shoot 'em.

Anyway, it appears that neither team was ready to quit on the season yet, so here's to a good game tonite and may the team who plays the best on this night move on.

:rolleyes:

I see a lot of people on Sycamore pride saying that they will win. I can't see that happening unless we come out very flat. The Bills are a better team and we play very well at home. It would be a disgrace to fall at Chaifetz to a middle of the pack MVC team.

If we lose tonight we didnt deserve the NIT.

Willie has been practicing his lumberjack alleyoop move, and Jon Smith has been working on his chainsaw tomahawk slam. Hope you brought Smokey the Bear with from Hoosierland, because we're about to light your forest on fire.

Good luck, Fern Gully.

Willie has been practicing his lumberjack alleyoop move, and Jon Smith has been working on his chainsaw tomahawk slam. Hope you brought Smokey the Bear with from Hoosierland, because we're about to light your forest on fire.

Good luck, Fern Gully.

Just laughed (well tried to hold it in and sorta made a snort noise) in my class. Got some strange looks. Stellar post!

:(

Tree Fan.

Appreciate respect your interest in your team. Also, fully understand your team was w/o your best player/point guard.

Still, it looked like your big men missed the game as well. In conference play (A10), our center Willie Reed went up against bigger and stronger guys. Tonight, Willie was a man among boys.

As far as injuries are concerned, we were playing short-handed as well with three (3) guards who basically have missed the entire season: our most experienced guard, our pre-season/early season starter until his injury and possibly our best outside shooter.

Tonight, we won by 9 points but the game was really never in doubt. With leads of 10 to 18 for much of the game, the game tended to get ugly. We shot a lowly 40% from the floor but apparently that was more than enough for tonight.

Better luck next year.

Tree Fan.

Appreciate respect your interest in your team. Also, fully understand your team was w/o your best player/point guard.

Still, it looked like your big men missed the game as well. In conference play (A10), our center Willie Reed went up against bigger and stronger guys. Tonight, Willie was a man among boys.

As far as injuries are concerned, we were playing short-handed as well with three (3) guards who basically have missed the entire season: our most experienced guard, our pre-season/early season starter until his injury and possibly our best outside shooter.

Tonight, we won by 9 points but the game was really never in doubt. With leads of 10 to 18 for much of the game, the game tended to get ugly. We shot a lowly 40% from the floor but apparently that was more than enough for tonight.

Better luck next year.

Clock_Tower,

IMO this is what Willie looks like when team single team him or he is not going against Lavoy Allen, Jason Love etc.

Next Year I expect him to do this against everybody.

Thoughts?

Clock_Tower,

IMO this is what Willie looks like when team single team him or he is not going against Lavoy Allen, Jason Love etc.

Next Year I expect him to do this against everybody.

Thoughts?

WR definitely reasserted himself tonight. He was quick, showed good hands, called for the ball and finished his shots. Clearly, WR is our best big man - tonight and all season long. Frankly, Remekum really disappointed me tonight. Several times on the offensive side, I watched CR w/o the ball and he basically stood at the low block. Occasionaly, he set a high screen but he never looked for the ball and no one (on either team) even thought he'd touch the ball in a scoring situation. CR really needs to get his confidence back, hit the weights and come back next year ready to be productive. When WR was out of the game, CR did nothing and the offense stalled.

Also, CE again showed me very little on the inside. Considering how poor the big men were for ISU, CE could have, and should have been able to do well inside. Instead, our team acted like 4 perimeter guards with only WR on the inside.

As to WR, he did well tonight. Next year, I hope he plays like he did tonight. Frankly, tonight showed me that when WR goes up against guys his size and strength (#0 is listed at 6'10" and 235 lbs) and his backup is listed at 6'11" and 220 lbs, WR dominates with his quickness, leaping ability and long arms. When WR goes up against bigger and stronger guys, he does not dominate. If WR makes a similar improvement this off-season and gains mass and strength, WR will have a good season next year. Last year's official roster (on-line) lists WR at 6'9" and 195 lbs. This year, WR is listed at 6'9" and 220 lbs. If WR gains another 20 to 25 lbs., he will weight 240 - 245 lbs and then be better able to match up - both size and strength - with Jason Love (6'9" and 265 lbs), Kenny Frease (7' and 265 lbs), Lavoy Allen (6'9" and 225 lbs - but stronger than WR).

WR has skill and talent. If he gets bigger and stronger and if he learns to shoot a FT, he will be quite good. I think he will get bigger, stronger and improve his FTs. This year, WR is as tall as the other A10 centers, is quicker than the other A10 centers but is not as strong and as big as them. Also, it doesn't help WR that CE prefers the perimeter and that CR is not pushing CE for playing time at the 4. WR will dominate next year if he comes back at 235 lbs (hoping for 240 lbs). If he comes back at 230 lbs, it will be a repeat of this year - which wasn't a bad year.

The Billikens were the best last night. Congrats and good luck in future games. We will pack it in for this season, but made great strides and will be a better team this next season.

Hey, everyone needs a team. Good luck next year.

We had some Indiana State fans move in around us in the reserved seats and they were very civil and at the end were complimentary about our team. The may have regretted picking the seats they did as it escalated my enthusiasm which was already at a high level. Not very many Valley travelers for the big game though.