Buy tickets at Chaifetz, not over the phone

I just called to buy a ticket, and for some reason today they're charging a $4 service fee. FOR A $10 TICKET! A 40% service fee? They have not charged that over the phone for SLU games earlier this year...

Just a heads up to you guys. I'm pumped up for this game. We should demolish Indiana St. tonight. I'm thinking a fordham-like game with alley oops galore and Willie, Remekin, and Smith throwing down. GO BILLS!

I just called to buy a ticket, and for some reason today they're charging a $4 service fee. FOR A $10 TICKET! A 40% service fee? They have not charged that over the phone for SLU games earlier this year...

Just a heads up to you guys. I'm pumped up for this game. We should demolish Indiana St. tonight. I'm thinking a fordham-like game with alley oops galore and Willie, Remekin, and Smith throwing down. GO BILLS!

Love the enthusiasm and confidence, and yes they are without a couple key players, but I'll just take a W.

Love the enthusiasm and confidence, and yes they are without a couple key players, but I'll just take a W.

If the Billikens come out in this CBI with a good attitude and play their A game, they can win this whole Tournament. And that will get some national publicity, albeit a blurb, but still good publicity for SLU.

Many know that Oregon State, coached by President Obama's brother-in-law, won this CBI last season.

Actually if you want alley-oops you want an SBU like game with a FU like score :P

Maybe something like this but with the Space Jam theme behind it?

Actually if you want alley-oops you want an SBU like game with a FU like score :P

Maybe something like this but with the Space Jam theme behind it?

Everybody get up, it's time to slam now...

we got a real jam goin now

welcome to the space jam

it's yo chance, do yo dance

at the space jammmmm....

alright, alright

No fee if you buy them from the box office. Since they're general admission, you might as well do that.

No fee if you buy them from the box office. Since they're general admission, you might as well do that.

That's what I'm gonna do, I was just surprised at the service fee over the phone for tonight's game. They didn't have that earlier this year, so I'm just curious as to why that changed. weird.

That's what I'm gonna do, I was just surprised at the service fee over the phone for tonight's game. They didn't have that earlier this year, so I'm just curious as to why that changed. weird.

Odd, I just bought my tickets over the phone and no service fee was mentioned to me.

Odd, I just bought my tickets over the phone and no service fee was mentioned to me.

hmm.... <calls back and yells and screams and gets tickets for free> ...just kidding

Did you have to go through some menus when you called? I had to press "1" a couple times for single game tickets.

I have just purchased two general admissions tickets at the box office. The situation is that if you are season ticket holders in the Loyal Blue or Gold sections, then you can get your season seats for $20. If you have season tickets in the "General Reserved" sections, then you can NOT get your season seat and must purchase a general admissions ticket and then get to the game early enough to get a good seat. If the Billikens win this game, then for the next home game even General Reserved season ticket holders can "reserve their own seats". HOWEVER, if the Billikens win that game (the second game), then General Reserved season ticket holders will NOT be able to reserve their season seats. etc etc.. This is what I was told by multiple people.

I have written a letter to Chris May and Father Biondi protesting the University's handling of these tickets. They had more than enough time to prepare for post-season play. I recommend you do the same. Their email addresses are:

[email protected]

[email protected],

[email protected],

SLUBilliken09-

Backhand discovered this back before our Xavier game. I was charged the same $4 service fee. The kicker is that its a per ticket charge!!! OUTRAGEOUS. A nice little trick by Comcast to take our money. Thanks.

You should check out my thread from a few weeks ago. Ridiculous! Someone needs to regulate how much Comcast can take from us.

SLUBilliken09-

Backhand discovered this back before our Xavier game. I was charged the same $4 service fee. The kicker is that its a per ticket charge!!! OUTRAGEOUS. A nice little trick by Comcast to take our money. Thanks.

You should check out my thread from a few weeks ago. Ridiculous! Someone needs to regulate how much Comcast can take from us.

Is it a Comcast/Global Spectrum fee or a Metrotix fee?

Lets blame it on Comcast. Although I'm not sure...how can i find out?

Probably Metrotix. Ticketmaster is worse; I've gotten tickets there before with 5 separate fees on a single ticket, sometimes with a 100% markup over face value. Go box office if you can in this situation, but be thankful we have Metrotix and not just Ticketmaster.

It is tough to tell, you can only buy tickets online through the Chaifetz website even if you go through the Metrotix site. Lets blame both!

Yea I think you are right that its Metrotix but agreed, why does it always take me to the Chafeitz/Comcast website then for purchasing?

Unless you like being bent over and given the business avoid payment through the website or phone. No wonder Eastsidehoe always purchases tix through the website.

Cool quick story-just walked down to the Chafe to get my ticket (I work for SLU) and ran into KM, JJ, CE, and WR on the way back up to the office. Told them I got my ticket and to play hard tonight. I seriously love these guys... While we might not have the most talent, by God we play with a helluva lot of heart. Pumped for tonight's game.

I have just purchased two general admissions tickets at the box office. The situation is that if you are season ticket holders in the Loyal Blue or Gold sections, then you can get your season seats for $20. If you have season tickets in the "General Reserved" sections, then you can NOT get your season seat and must purchase a general admissions ticket and then get to the game early enough to get a good seat. If the Billikens win this game, then for the next home game even General Reserved season ticket holders can "reserve their own seats". HOWEVER, if the Billikens win that game (the second game), then General Reserved season ticket holders will NOT be able to reserve their season seats. etc etc.. This is what I was told by multiple people.

I have written a letter to Chris May and Father Biondi protesting the University's handling of these tickets. They had more than enough time to prepare for post-season play. I recommend you do the same. Their email addresses are:

[email protected]

[email protected],

[email protected],

i have two seats that are not in gold or loyal blue (i have two that are in gold also) anyway, when i talked to the ticket office on the phone they were reserving my red seats. when i found out that the couple that normally sit in my gold seats couldnt decide if they wanted to go (oh brother) i went down to pick up my tickets and only took the gold seats for myself, but they had my red seats blocked.

my questions is if you are a billiken club member? if not maybe you should be. they took great care of me and trust me i am not a particularly high roller booster.

[email protected]

[email protected],

[email protected],

As much as I'd like the logistics of tickets and games to run more smoothly, I think you're off base here. The U. and AD did a reasonable -- and maybe quite good, we don't know because the games didn't occur -- job of preparing for the A-10 first round and the NIT.

The CBI, however, added several additional degrees of complexity.

Ticketholders had all of a day or so to figure out whether they wanted to attend what's basically an exhibition game. I'm guessing we get 5,000 tops. We're already going to have gaping holes at midcourt; if the ticket office had been required to call every single season ticket holder before releasing their seats, we also would have had patchwork holes all over the arena. This way, more than likely the crowd will be concentrated toward center court (save for all the unsold $20 seats).

I'm hoping we win, and that if I'm right about the center seats, they'll simply sell the whole lot of them for $10 and sell off all the known empty seats, then release all the rest on Saturday or Sunday.

[email protected]

[email protected],

[email protected],

A letter of protest?? What is the big deal? The game isn't until 8pm. There is plenty of time to get a ticket before the game. The tickets are reasonably priced.....Some people just don't feel right unless there is something to complain about.

I am looking forward to going in and sitting (basically) wherever I want.

Just called Chaifetz Box Office because I wanted to see if there were any free student tickets left before I walked over from the Village. When I asked the lady on the phone about the free ticket availability she laughed and said, "Yea, there are a ton left." Not good to hear less than 4 hours before game time.