From Here

This team has had the ability to bounce back in the past, but our loss to X was much prettier than what I witnessed last night. I think that Dayton has the ability to completely run us out of the gym, especially if we have to rely on 20+ 3ptfg. KM is the key I beleive. I did not really notice Temple keying on him specifically, he just looked to be undersized against his defender.

This is sort of starting to feel like 06, I think it was. We thought we could make some noise in the tourney and then we just get completely destroyed by St Joes in Atlantic City. We need to have our team focus, right now, and get back to its winning ways.

It would be a complete dissapointment to limp out of the season with a 1-4 record with no NIT.

This team has had the ability to bounce back in the past, but our loss to X was much prettier than what I witnessed last night. I think that Dayton has the ability to completely run us out of the gym, especially if we have to rely on 20+ 3ptfg. KM is the key I beleive. I did not really notice Temple keying on him specifically, he just looked to be undersized against his defender.

This is sort of starting to feel like 06, I think it was. We thought we could make some noise in the tourney and then we just get completely destroyed by St Joes in Atlantic City. We need to have our team focus, right now, and get back to its winning ways.

It would be a complete dissapointment to limp out of the season with a 1-4 record with no NIT.

No, I don't see the similarities. Watch this team move the ball on offense trying to create a good shot. In '06 our offense often took the shot clock down to 2 or 3 because IV was being double teamed and they were daring us to pop 3's. Other than KL we had no legit 3 pt shooters as TL had gone cold the latter part of the season. That game against St. J's was extremely painful to watch. I don't see that happening with this team.

limping? We entered our most brutal seven game stretch of the season, starting with the home game against dayton. so far, we are 4-2 in that stretch and the two losses are against the top two teams in the league in hotly contested games.

relax people. We're getting every ounce we can from this group of nine kids and they have performed well in this rough part of the schedule.

bad boyz for life

I really think we can still win that A-10 Title. Will it be easy? No. But we played well against Xavier, and some free throws or another made shot would have won it. Against Temple, we had a bad 2nd half and still managed to lose by only 6. We are fine, and I think we can for sure still make that run.

limping? We entered our most brutal seven game stretch of the season, starting with the home game against dayton. so far, we are 4-2 in that stretch and the two losses are against the top two teams in the league in hotly contested games.

relax people. We're getting every ounce we can from this group of nine kids and they have performed well in this rough part of the schedule.

bad boyz for life

I gotta agree with Pdiddy here. The Billykids have come together far faster than I had feared and our expectations have grown faster as well.

I think Temple is probably one of the better defensive teams I've seen all year. When they brought their best in the second half we didn't fold but we didn't score much either. It wasn't a traditional Billiken drought where we miss a bunch of open jumpers. We just couldn't get open, especially toward the end of the game.

Have given Temple credit where credit is due, I hate the way Temple plays. Nothing's changed since the Cheney era. They still beat the hell out of you, throw you to the ground, and knock you off of your dribble. X is great and physical but not thuggish. It's hard to respect a team like Temple despite their ranking.

I really think we can still win that A-10 Title. Will it be easy? No. But we played well against Xavier, and some free throws or another made shot would have won it. Against Temple, we had a bad 2nd half and still managed to lose by only 6. We are fine, and I think we can for sure still make that run.

SLU has proven that it can play with all A-10 teams.

The best chance to hit the jackpot in Atlantic City is to get that first round bye and thereby only have to win 3 games. I know the first round bye did not help SLU in 2006, but I still think it would greatly help the quest of this year's team.

bad boyz for life

+1

bad boyz for life

I think there is a silver lining to losing these games. One of the things RM says about this group is he loves how competitive they are and how hard they work. These guys aren't going to like coming up just short. (unless of course we win the A10 tourney) In the off season, it will stick with them. It will eat at them and cause them to work even harder. They've already exceeded my expectations for this season, I haven't given up onit, but imo whatever we accomplish from here is a bonus. The real prize in my mind was to be next season and this season, having come so close to being in tourney contention, may just drive them to be much better next year.

I think there is a silver lining to losing these games. One of the things RM says about this group is he loves how competitive they are and how hard they work. These guys aren't going to like coming up just short. (unless of course we win the A10 tourney) In the off season, it will stick with them. It will eat at them and cause them to work even harder. They've already exceeded my expectations for this season, I haven't given up onit, but imo whatever we accomplish from here is a bonus. The real prize in my mind was to be next season and this season, having come so close to being in tourney contention, may just drive them to be much better next year.

+1

Just to add, CE now truly realizes that while many parts of his game are really special, many areas require real attention and how rough and fast the college game is. Had he redshirted or not been cleared, he would have not truly realized this much until next year.

I gotta agree with Pdiddy here. The Billykids have come together far faster than I had feared and our expectations have grown faster as well.

I think Temple is probably one of the better defensive teams I've seen all year. When they brought their best in the second half we didn't fold but we didn't score much either. It wasn't a traditional Billiken drought where we miss a bunch of open jumpers. We just couldn't get open, especially toward the end of the game.

Have given Temple credit where credit is due, I hate the way Temple plays. Nothing's changed since the Cheney era. They still beat the hell out of you, throw you to the ground, and knock you off of your dribble. X is great and physical but not thuggish. It's hard to respect a team like Temple despite their ranking.

On a slightly down note, in regard to Temple, there are only 2 seniors on the team, Brooks (2) and Guzman (10). Fernandez (4) is only a sophomore. They also only have 2 juniors, Allen (24) and Williams (30). And finally, we play them there next year. On the bright side, we shold be significantly improved just from the experience these young players have gained this year. Then you throw in a couple (+1?) of good recruits and I guess anything can happen.

bad boyz for life

Thanks for the voice of reason - from a hoops expert.

Agree. I don't want to say it is a blessing in disguise that we miss it, but they will be hungry knowing that they were this close. I would really love for them to get some games in the NIT to have that tourney experience. That along with the A-10 tourney should give them a little experience with tourney play. This team has exceeded my preaseason expectations. To even have a mention of SLU and NCAA tourney in the same sentence this season was way beyond our wildest dreams. Technically, we probably didn't have much of a chance, but if we would have swept all of these games at home, I guess it would have been conceivable. We weren't far off. The rest of the season should be a blast and can't wait for next year.

LOL thuggish? Stop crying because you lost. :lol:

Go Owls.

Temple played hard, physical and tough, but they didn't play dirty. BC's not a thug and thats how he plays. We got beat by a team that played a little more consistently than we did. If we play them in the tourney we learn from this and win. Our toughest matchups in the tourney will be Richmond and X. Those would both be very tough games for us, but winnable. If we only have to face one of those two teams in the tourney, we could win it.

Let's be real here ----- sure, we could do it, and we could just as easily not.

The subliminal message in pdiddy's post is "nine kids." We have nine players which is a short bench. We will play three ganes in 48 hours or so even with the bye. We could play Charlotte or Rhode Island followed by Temple and then probably Xavier. Take away the "home court advantage" seen in lines from Sagarin to Las Vegas, and beating both Temple and X at a neutral site, while doable, is complicated by the fact we are not a h ome. And as someone said, Temple is 60 miles up the Expressway from AC and their fans were a force at last year's tournament. So it becomes a home game for Temple. (Same was true with St. Joe's; Fordham actually had a nice showing two years ago).

If we lose at Dayton, we are ending the season on a three-of-four game losing streak. Only Charlotte appears to be falling faster than us. Dayton is a close second if its not us. Not good. We need a win at Dayton for a lot more than just the outright four.

At home, we beat the likes of Dayton by 4 and Rhode Island, Duquesne and even the Bonnies by five. All I'm sayin gis that is using th ehome court advantage as it should be. But it does go away in AC. In that regard anybody can beat anybody.

I would not be surprised to see an upset winner in the A10 tournament. I would also not be surprised to see X or Temple walk away with it. They are ranked foer a reason.

I would not be surprised to see an upset winner in the A10 tournament. I would also not be surprised to see X or Temple walk away with it. They are ranked foer a reason.

I'd be really surprised if we could pull off the A-10 tourney. My pick is X. But I do think, if we can avoid Richmond, we could have a shot at the title game. We hung well with Temple. They may not be thuggish, but damn they're physical, and play very similar to us. Also, I loved the way WR kind of dominated them inside. If he could get some help from CR and BC I'd love us to play Temple again.

I'd be really surprised if we could pull off the A-10 tourney. My pick is X. But I do think, if we can avoid Richmond, we could have a shot at the title game. We hung well with Temple. They may not be thuggish, but damn they're physical, and play very similar to us. Also, I loved the way WR kind of dominated them inside. If he could get some help from CR and BC I'd love us to play Temple again.

Good comments. Generally agree. Still, is it just me, or is anyone else worried about WR's knee. He not only wore a knee brace against Temple but did appear to be favoring it. CR came in with 3 minutes left and it looked to me like WR was done for the night. Then, WR, of course came back relatively strong. Still the knee is not right. Hopefully, no longer term damage will be done by playing on it but 3 or 4 games in a row with a weak knee is not good. We cannot beat the top teams w/o WR.

Good comments. Generally agree. Still, is it just me, or is anyone else worried about WR's knee. He not only wore a knee brace against Temple but did appear to be favoring it. CR came in with 3 minutes left and it looked to me like WR was done for the night. Then, WR, of course came back relatively strong. Still the knee is not right. Hopefully, no longer term damage will be done by playing on it but 3 or 4 games in a row with a weak knee is not good. We cannot beat the top teams w/o WR.

Not to mention he had surgery on it last year if I remember correctly....