#shoutout to the SLU fans, best fans we seen all year

bk18

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 to you, Lavoy

I personally hate Fernandez, no good reason for it I just do, but I thought in general the Temple team had good guys. Much better than previous teams like Richmond and Duquesne.

He just gained some respect in my book......still bittter about the lose and them dancing on our court.

100% agree...the whole Temple team seemed to enjoy the picture, and I didn't see too much crap out of LaVoy, and he does gain respect from me now....but dancing on our court is pathetic and i still think its "classless"......

I personally hate Fernandez, no good reason for it I just do, but I thought in general the Temple team had good guys. Much better than previous teams like Richmond and Duquesne.

He's an incredibly, incredibly nice and friendly kid. You're hating the wrong kid.

He's an incredibly, incredibly nice and friendly kid. You're hating the wrong kid.

He plays like a baby. He faked getting fouled on every shot. He can't earn respect from me anywhere else besides the court and that he didn't do.

The billikens have several friendly, nice players as well. Just because he is nice doesnt mean I can hate him. Like I said, you should take that as a complement.

I'm usually not the cynical type, but I have to question the motives of the comment. I want to believe its sincere. But isn't it kind of random to make that comment. I guess I'm wondering if he's feeling a little guilty about the center court celebration...felt he had to make it up to the SLU fans..

I'll admit I don't know much about Twitter. Is this tweet truly directed at SLU fans or was it directed at a particular person? I guess I think that people assume that when they read a Tweet, that they are getting some "inside" information or "real" view of what a "celebrity" or other person of interest is thinking. But, they Tweeter knows damn well that what they tweet is beeing seen by many...which leads to not always spontaneous tweeting. ..but more self conscious, premeditated tweets.

Am I nuts? too cynical on this one? I'm not trying to hate on the kid, just suggesting that there may be a connection b/t the post game antics at center court and this Tweet.

I'm usually not the cynical type, but I have to question the motives of the comment. I want to believe its sincere. But isn't it kind of random to make that comment. I guess I'm wondering if he's feeling a little guilty about the center court celebration...felt he had to make it up to the SLU fans..

I'll admit I don't know much about Twitter. Is this tweet truly directed at SLU fans or was it directed at a particular person? I guess I think that people assume that when they read a Tweet, that they are getting some "inside" information or "real" view of what a "celebrity" or other person of interest is thinking. But, they Tweeter knows damn well that what they tweet is beeing seen by many...which leads to not always spontaneous tweeting. ..but more self conscious, premeditated tweets.

Am I nuts? too cynical on this one? I'm not trying to hate on the kid, just suggesting that there may be a connection b/t the post game antics at center court and this Tweet.

You're too cynical; Voy is no BSer.

100% agree...the whole Temple team seemed to enjoy the picture, and I didn't see too much crap out of LaVoy, and he does gain respect from me now....but dancing on our court is pathetic and i still think its "classless"......

Jesus. SLU fans dont want college ball players to have fun. Look at this way...Temple knew a win would be tough and they had to battle through some things...they were happy to come into a tough building and pull out a W. it was a great win for them and they felt like celebrating. Honestly i loved the taunting delivered by Allen. I imagine Reed would do something similar. Energetic guy who loves to show emotion. I had absolutely no problem with it...

Jesus. SLU fans dont want college ball players to have fun. Look at this way...Temple knew a win would be tough and they had to battle through some things...they were happy to come into a tough building and pull out a W. it was a great win for them and they felt like celebrating. Honestly i loved the taunting delivered by Allen. I imagine Reed would do something similar. Energetic guy who loves to show emotion. I had absolutely no problem with it...

There was a play where WR got us a stop on D then pounded his chest and screamed. You could read the lips of the Temple player next to him as they headed down the court, "Fool". Am sure there's a lot of trash talking in these games we're just not privvy to.

Take for what its worth, a nice complement. Lavoy didn't tell something we didn't know, since we came into league play the students have been outstanding.

Also he is a junior, probably never play at the Chaifetz again. When they get NCAAs, Temple now will be one of my favorites.

Another thing I noticed, in order to get back to Philly that quickly, Temple has charters.

they were pretty terrible as they left the court.

"They" being Temple players, or the SLU students?

I did see a middle finger from a Temple kid, but what else was terrible? I thought the kid making the goggles with his hands over his eyes was pretty funny.

"They" being Temple players, or the SLU students?

I did see a middle finger from a Temple kid, but what else was terrible? I thought the kid making the goggles with his hands over his eyes was pretty funny.

I heard alot of profanity from the temple players. Especially Allen.

You are such a wuss. You act like you this crazy fan in the stands and talk about how your friends have to hold you back and you scream all this BS at the opposing team and then ONCE when an opposing player curses(oh my! While I never!) you get your panties all bunched up. This is exactly what Thicks is talking about when when he says SLU fans aren't prepared for big time basketball. I guarantee you the "leader" of student sections at Mizzou, KU, Maryland, Duke, Illinois, etc wouldn't be complaing because of some profanity from an opposing player. WEAK!

(Not directed at you personally, 05, just as this sentiment in general)

Of course their is profanity. Of course Allen made the "goggle face." They just won a hard-fought road game and put themselves in position to possibly be the 1 seed in AC. We ripped his @$$ all game, that is his recourse. I was pretty upset at the moment and showed the owls a "bird" of my own. Nothing anyone does after the buzzer matters. A W is a W and an L is an L.

I don't care if a kid does a 360 windmill after a blowout or even jumps down on the center-court Billiken and makes a Goddam snow angel. Just win and you don't have to worry about any visitor celebration.

So, to recap, here is Runnin'Billiken's 5 step method to college bball success

1) Show up

2) Make noise

3) Win

4) Go Home

5) Move on

You are such a wuss. You act like you this crazy fan in the stands and talk about how your friends have to hold you back and you scream all this BS at the opposing team and then ONCE when an opposing player curses(oh my! While I never!) you get your panties all bunched up. This is exactly what Thicks is talking about when when he says SLU fans aren't prepared for big time basketball. I guarantee you the "leader" of student sections at Mizzou, KU, Maryland, Duke, Illinois, etc wouldn't be complaing because of some profanity from an opposing player. WEAK!

Postcard, get lost! I was responding to the guy from Temple who stalks Lavoy Allen. He apparently thinks his team is a bunch of choir boys. I was merely explaining that maybe his golden boys aren't so golden.

Banned billiphan, you are putting Mizzou in the same category as KU, Duke and Illinois? :):lol::lol:

Postcard, get lost! I was responding to the guy from Temple who stalks Lavoy Allen. He apparently thinks his team is a bunch of choir boys. I was merely explaining that maybe his golden boys aren't so golden.

I am also not sensitive to cursing. I curse more than anyone I know.

I don't care if people curse at games