We want whom?

bk18

Will Clyburn.

Sure was. he put up 52 earlier this season for his marshalltown cc team. an athletic scoring wing who can create his own shot would be a great addition to this team and take tons of pressure off KM. unfortunately, it seems ISU wants him, a teammate is going there, he has a relationship with the coach etc. also, if he came to SLU, that would probably mean no Loe

Sure was. he put up 52 earlier this season for his marshalltown cc team. an athletic scoring wing who can create his own shot would be a great addition to this team and take tons of pressure off KM. unfortunately, it seems ISU wants him, a teammate is going there, he has a relationship with the coach etc. also, if he came to SLU, that would probably mean no Loe

He was 16 for 18 from the free throw line in that game. Loe is definitely my first choice, but this looks like a very good fall-back option because we also could use a prototypical 3. It looks like Iowa State has a good shot at him since his teammate is going there, but there are rumors ISU will fire their coach.

As someone else stated on another thread, we don't need another big man who scores mainly from outside. Clyburn would help fill SLU's needs more than Loe would. We need a banger under the boards.

As someone else stated on another thread, we don't need another big man who scores mainly from outside. Clyburn would help fill SLU's needs more than Loe would. We need a banger under the boards.

Huh? We have exactly one big man that can score from the outside: Ellis. The other 4 shouldn't shoot from more than 10 feet from the basket. Loe would be a perfect fit for this team and would be an incredible coup for us to land.

I hope Clyborn wants to come but its not every day you have a chance at a 7 footer that wants to play PF, has a legitimate chance at the NBA and would immediately be one of our best players. He average 18 ppg in the same tourney that Ellis average 12. That should tell people just how good he is. If you need further proof, he was offered by Pitt, G-Tech and probably Arizona. And you'd potentially get him for 4 years.

In my opinion there are two keys to this offseason that will be the difference between being an 8-12 seed next year and a 4-7 seed that is ranked in the top 25 much of the season : 1) no major defections from the team 2) Rob Loe.

Huh? We have exactly one big man that can score from the outside: Ellis. The other 4 shouldn't shoot from more than 10 feet from the basket. Loe would be a perfect fit for this team and would be an incredible coup for us to land.

I hope Clyborn wants to come but its not every day you have a chance at a 7 footer that wants to play PF, has a legitimate chance at the NBA and would immediately be one of our best players. He average 18 ppg in the same tourney that Ellis average 12. That should tell people just how good he is. If you need further proof, he was offered by Pitt, G-Tech and probably Arizona. And you'd potentially get him for 4 years.

In my opinion there are two keys to this offseason that will be the difference between being an 8-12 seed next year and a 4-7 seed that is ranked in the top 25 much of the season : 1) no major defections from the team 2) Rob Loe.

Kshoe-

Dont overlook backhand's offseason workouts either

I agree about Loe. Is there a scenario where they would both be here?

Who is going to help WR on the offensive boards if we sign Loe? People want CR to redshirt so from where will the rebounding come?

Who is going to help WR on the offensive boards if we sign Loe? People want CR to redshirt so from where will the rebounding come?

The reason that the Billikens don't get many offensive rebounds is not that they don't have guys who can get them; rather, it's because the coaches' defensive philosophy requires them to focus on getting back to cut off transition. Besides, when you're missing a lot of perimeter jumpers, the rebounds are longer, out of the area that the big men tend to occupy. If the guards are focused on protecting the backcourt after a shot, how can they get the offensive rebound?

The reason that the Billikens don't get many offensive rebounds is not that they don't have guys who can get them; rather, it's because the coaches' defensive philosophy requires them to focus on getting back to cut off transition. Besides, when you're missing a lot of perimeter jumpers, the rebounds are longer, out of the area that the big men tend to occupy. If the guards are focused on protecting the backcourt after a shot, how can they get the offensive rebound?

I don't expect the guards to get offensive rebounds. They get plenty of defensive rebounds. I'm talking about our big men. With Ellis shooting mostly 3 point shots, Willie is usually under the basket by himself. I am talking about our starting big men. JS and CR do fine for the limited minutes they play.