Awesome Student Chant

Box and Won

OMG:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Is that not the scoreboard?

YES THAT IS THE SCOREBOARD.

is that not a 74?

YES THAT IS A 74.

is that not a 62?

YES THAT IS A 62.

Is that not the winning team?

YES THAT IS THE WINNING TEAM.

Is that not the losing team?

YES THAT IS THE LOSING TEAM.

OMG:

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

is that not a 74?

YES THAT IS A 74.

is that not a 62?

YES THAT IS A 62.

And it was loud!

As a Xavier fan I'm not trying to Flame. Take it for what it's worth.

Many times in last nights game the chant of Bull**** was loudly heard coming through the TV. If nothing else it was very impressive as to just how loud the Billiken Nation can be. Also I'm not saying that the chant was undeserved.

FWIW If the Billiken Nation would like to have more games on television, it helps to come up with other chants of displeasure. When the BS chant is heard nationally or regionally it really reflects upon the institution and the league. Many times the broadcasting co will try to turn down the crowd noise which takes away the type of atmosphere you guys create for the fans at home because of the language.

Schools such as Duke, NC and so forth picked up on this many years ago. Xavier has picked up on this in the last decade and it hasn't hurt getting better TV deals. Broadcasting company's really don't want to field calls about complaints of inappropriate language coming through their tv's.

Personally I don't have an issue with the language though it may come across as a little immature. (I'm immature and have language issues).

The main reason I post this is because I would love to see as many A10 games on the boob tube(hehe, I said boob)

I do have a 9, 13, 15, and 17 year old and like I said it's not an issue, but many folks don't see things like I do.

As a Xavier fan I'm not trying to Flame. Take it for what it's worth.

Many times in last nights game the chant of Bull**** was loudly heard coming through the TV. If nothing else it was very impressive as to just how loud the Billiken Nation can be. Also I'm not saying that the chant was undeserved.

FWIW If the Billiken Nation would like to have more games on television, it helps to come up with other chants of displeasure. When the BS chant is heard nationally or regionally it really reflects upon the institution and the league. Many times the broadcasting co will try to turn down the crowd noise which takes away the type of atmosphere you guys create for the fans at home because of the language.

Schools such as Duke, NC and so forth picked up on this many years ago. Xavier has picked up on this in the last decade and it hasn't hurt getting better TV deals. Broadcasting company's really don't want to field calls about complaints of inappropriate language coming through their tv's.

Personally I don't have an issue with the language though it may come across as a little immature. (I'm immature and have language issues).

The main reason I post this is because I would love to see as many A10 games on the boob tube(hehe, I said boob)

I do have a 9, 13, 15, and 17 year old and like I said it's not an issue, but many folks don't see things like I do.

Mad-

If you didnt like the chants from the student section, I hope the TV didnt pick up the chants coming from section 108

Mad-

If you didnt like the chants from the student section, I hope the TV didnt pick up the chants coming from section 108

Obviously you didn't read my post. I said I didn't have any issues with the chants. I was talking about getting more games on television. Broadcasting company's tend to not like the chants.

OMG:

is that not a 74?

YES THAT IS A 74.

is that not a 62?

YES THAT IS A 62.

I dont know about any other students on here but this chant was banned for all the schools in my area (Milwaukee). Because of the perceived unsportsmanlike chant of saying "yes that is the losing team". It was a pretty basic cheer everyone knew, but since it was banned i only really saw it used against bigger rivalries. Im surprised you had never heard this before or are you posting this because of the volume? cause the volume is pretty unreal. hilarious how the announcers cant talk during it.

I dont know about any other students on here but this chant was banned for all the schools in my area (Milwaukee). Because of the perceived unsportsmanlike chant of saying "yes that is the losing team". It was a pretty basic cheer everyone knew, but since it was banned i only really saw it used against bigger rivalries. Im surprised you had never heard this before or are you posting this because of the volume? cause the volume is pretty unreal. hilarious how the announcers cant talk during it.

Never heard it before. Love it though. We had some good cheers in high school, but nothing like that.

I very clearly heard a loud BULL-######, BULL-######, BULL-###### chant on FSN-Ohio. I thought it was great- it shows we had a lot of students at the game and that they were really into the game.

I hear the Cameron Crazies complimented more than any other student section in college sports and they definitely push the limits of what students can get away with. No one lauds them for being polite and keeping their language G-rated.

I have also been to enough Xavier games over the past few years to know that their students are not above chanting BULL-###### repeatedly after bad calls.

If the students are going to show up and get rowdy, I say let them swear. We all know the words. You can only keep kids sheltered for so long. I don't think a swear at a sports game is going to poison their sweet little heads.

Having gone to a single gender school, my favorite chant came from a game against Kirkwood.

Kirkwood fans cheered the old "We got girls, yes we do ..."

The response:

Kirkwood, Kirkwood keep your chicks.

Kirkwood, Kirkwood suck our ....

We usually responded, "We've had your girls now take them back."

Guest BillikenReport

I hear this cheer quite a bit covering local high school basketball in the St. Louis area.

You are most likely to hear it at a Metro Catholic Conference game: St. Louis U. High, Chaminade, CBC, DeSmet and Vianney.

To paraphrase Molly Ivins, that cheer sounded better in the original German.

Why wouldn't the students just chant Push-It! Push-It! Push-it! While pushing their arms from their chest outward in a pushing motion?

Sounds just like the other, but nothing profane.

i hate when kids do that cheer during games. were not in highschool. noone is going to get tossed from the game or yelled at if they yell bullsh*t. Now i assume, as a jesuit school, eventually someone is going to say something about that cheer and hopefully us as students will be creative enough to do something original and funny but get the point across.

Why wouldn't the students just chant Push-It! Push-It! Push-it! While pushing their arms from their chest outward in a pushing motion?

Sounds just like the other, but nothing profane.

I sit on the band/student side of the 'Fetz and that IS what a lot of the students were doing. Keep in mind there have been a lot of new faces in the student section over the last few games and they might not know how the regulars do things. During games earlier this year when it was only the die-hard students coming, it was absolutely a "Push-It" chant. During the broadcast you'd probably have trouble telling the difference.

I honestly don't think any real sports network would refuse to cover a good game due to a student section's reputation. It hasn't kept West Virginia off of ESPN. If anything they'd simple turn down the heat on the mics that pick up ambient crowd noise.

Of course if the A-10 had refs that got things right the student wouldn't have a reason to say that.

As a Xavier fan I'm not trying to Flame. Take it for what it's worth...many times in last nights game the chant of Bull**** was loudly heard coming through the TV.

Thank you for commenting about this issue. I DO have two young children and am hoping to bring them to Billiken's games in the future. I am a season ticket holder and have been for a number of years. Some of the profanity is NOT appropriate for little children and is unnecessary. Hopefully SLU fans are able to communicate emotionally and effectively with words that are longer than four letters or hyphenated four-letter words such as bullxxxx. Don't we want families with little children to attend games? Of course we do, thus some moderation in the use of profanity would be beneficial and appropriate. I think the Blue Crew has been great, and hopefully they can come up with some really clever chants.

As a Xavier fan I'm not trying to Flame. Take it for what it's worth...many times in last nights game the chant of Bull**** was loudly heard coming through the TV.

Thank you for commenting about this issue. I DO have two young children and am hoping to bring them to Billiken's games in the future. I am a season ticket holder and have been for a number of years. Some of the profanity is NOT appropriate for little children and is unnecessary. Hopefully SLU fans are able to communicate emotionally and effectively with words that are longer than four letters or hyphenated four-letter words such as bullxxxx. Don't we want families with little children to attend games? Of course we do, thus some moderation in the use of profanity would be beneficial and appropriate. I think the Blue Crew has been great, and hopefully they can come up with some really clever chants.

I apoloigize for the college atmosphere. IF your children understand what bull**** is now then they should be crowned. if they ask what it means just replay the awful call and tell them that IS bull****. coming from a student the chant probably wont ever leave. its a staple at every arena. youre speaking to the choir on this one my friend. we will however work on being more clever. nuts and bolts we got _____.

I apoloigize for the college atmosphere. IF your children understand what bull**** is now then they should be crowned. if they ask what it means just replay the awful call and tell them that IS bull****. coming from a student the chant probably wont ever leave. its a staple at every arena. youre speaking to the choir on this one my friend. we will however work on being more clever. nuts and bolts we got _____.

Amen.

The students are all adults. The people playing the game are adults. The people buying tickets are mostly adults and who they bring to the game is up to their discretion. If you have a problem, don't take kids to a sporting event. Sit home and watch the Disney Channel with them instead. Don't regulate the students; we're trying to make this gameday environment as fun as possible so they keep showing up.

Plus, swearing around children is hilarious and awesome. I have always found it interesting when kids are exposed to profanity and sporting events, how people respond, how the kids themselves respond, etc.

If you disagree with me, please watch the entire first season of Eastbound and Down- 6 episodes, 3 hours, not a huge commitment. If you watch that and still disagree with me, I feel sorry for you.

I want to respond to a couple posts on this topic. 1. To Madxster(aka Dick Ebersol) and 2. isotope(aka Ward Cleaver) Thank you for informing us that the reason we are not on national tv and tv in general is because our fans are saying bad words like bull****. i thought it was because the a-10 signed a bad tv contract with some sports tv network that no one gets or even knows exists. Come up with "chants of displeasure" as you call it. i also did not realize that Duke, NC, and of course Xavier had already figured this out. Gosh if only SLU had known this before we would have Dickie V, Bob Knight, Bilas, and all the gang from ESPN doing our games. We just need to inform the student section of this. How about this "GO TEAM GO!!!" (said in a nice way of course). "GOOD CALL REF, WE KNOW YOU ARE TRYING YOUR BEST." CBS game of the week here we come.

2. Isotope ........ i hope the BLUE CREW can come up with some "really clever chants" so you can still attend games. Its a terrible environment at SLU games. I know the only place kids hear words like bulls*** is at SLU games. You know what while we are at it i think there should be no beer sold at these games. It just encourages bad behavior. Oh and those cheerleader uniforms...... Is there anyway that the games could end in a tie?

"Chants of Displeasure" ......what a bunch of..of... well i dont want to say any bad words.

Plus, swearing around children is hilarious and awesome. I have always found it interesting when kids are exposed to profanity and sporting events, how people respond, how the kids themselves respond, etc.

+-3-04304393242232. I made a kid cry at the Dayton game, and I loved every second of it.

And by the way, you probably have a better chance of hearing something with your kids at McDonalds than you do at The Chaifetz.