Out of Town Guests

Mobile-iken

I bringing 3 out of town guests to the game tonight, can anyone help with a good eating establishment near campus with a St. Louis flavor?

Humphrey's (logical choice), Triumph Grill, The Fountain, Pappy's, could always hoof it a little and hit the Tap Room too...

Humphrey's (logical choice), Triumph Grill, The Fountain, Pappy's, could always hoof it a little and hit the Tap Room too...

You'd probably want to drive to the Tap Room - it's fairly far, and it's REALLY cold right now.

I may hit up The U. for a quick bite and a beer or two.

Pappy's, Pappy's, and then Pappy's. There is no doubt what place in Midtown has established itself as the place to go.

Disclaimer: I generally like every place that has popped up in Midtown Alley (Vito's, Triumph, Good Pie, The U).

There was a thread about The Good Pie? I've been in San Francisco for the last few days and off the board.

The owner posted messages on both xavierhoops.com and musketeermadness.com that anyone wearing Xavier blue would get a free beer with their dinner. I believe he's an XU grad (though he's been on here before, very supportive of us and the area, and seems like a great guy).

The owner posted messages on both xavierhoops.com and musketeermadness.com that anyone wearing Xavier blue would get a free beer with their dinner. I believe he's an XU grad (though he's been on here before, very supportive of us and the area, and seems like a great guy).

Ah, I see. That may make it worthy of a one-night boycott, but I really enjoy that place otherwise. Great pizza, great atmosphere, and always good beers to choose from.

Pappy's, Pappy's, and then Pappy's. There is no doubt what place in Midtown has established itself as the place to go.

Disclaimer: I generally like every place that has popped up in Midtown Alley (Vito's, Triumph, Good Pie, The U).

I heard an interview with Adam Wainwright yesterday morning where he was singing the praises of Pappy's bbq. It is great to see the success Mike and those guys are having.

I heard an interview with Adam Wainwright yesterday morning where he was singing the praises of Pappy's bbq. It is great to see the success Mike and those guys are having.

Wainwright recently had a fundraiser there for a charity he's involved with. It's a takeoff of the Childrens Miricle Network. They take kids [young adults] who are terminally ill hunting. Pappy donated all of his revenue one Sunday.