WTF -The Good PIE????

RiseAndGrind

From the Xavier board:

for all of those making the trek to stl on the 24th I own a pizzeria...thegoodpie.com...a block away from chaifitz center. We are always packed with slu fans before games. Last week we had a sign up charging a $10 cover charge to any flyer fans. Next week I would love to pack the place with my Xavier fans, to that point a free beer will be given to anyone dawning the proper blue. Hopefully we can leave the sluers scratching their heads.

ps, anyone else sitting in 216? got my tickets through X

cheers, hope to see you here!

WTF?

PI in the CWE is much better anyway. PEACE

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Xavier board:

for all of those making the trek to stl on the 24th I own a pizzeria...thegoodpie.com...a block away from chaifitz center. We are always packed with slu fans before games. Last week we had a sign up charging a $10 cover charge to any flyer fans. Next week I would love to pack the place with my Xavier fans, to that point a free beer will be given to anyone dawning the proper blue. Hopefully we can leave the sluers scratching their heads.

WTF?

I use to like the Good Pie. Pappy's from now on.

From the Xavier board:

WTF?

Wow. If that's true that's a great way to lose business. What an idiot.

All good-natured. When he moved here, he talked about the Jesuit affinity. What's he supposed to do, change loyalties?

As for Pappy's, turnabout would be fair play if he opened a branch in a certain neighborhood in Cincy. B)

What are you his PR man or something? He's clearly stated he prefers the business of X fans. Let him survive on X fans.

Am I missing something here?

The business owners in Midtown Alley are a pretty close-knit group. Mike E. (Pappy's) was one of the pioneers, but he'll be the first to tell you that Mike R. (Good Pie) brought a new dimension and a lot of new customers into the district. (Not to mention a real-live Neapolitan pizza oven.)

It is poor Jesuit form to even imply that we'd hurt someone's livelihood over a basketball allegiance. (Now, if it was a Shakespeare's... B) )

The business owners in Midtown Alley are a pretty close-knit group. Mike E. (Pappy's) was one of the pioneers, but he'll be the first to tell you that Mike R. (Good Pie) brought a new dimension and a lot of new customers into the district. (Not to mention a real-live Neapolitan pizza oven.)

It is poor Jesuit form to even imply that we'd hurt someone's livelihood over a basketball allegiance. (Now, if it was a Shakespeare's... B) )

Makes sense.

Does Mike R. offer SLU folks any type of deals?

And I tried Good Pie once, didn't like it. However, I much prefer deep dish so that isn't too shocking.

Pi donated pizza to Obama. Haven't been there since Jan. 20, 2009.

oh no, Pistol!

You're the one who misses out on very good pizza because of politics. Seems like it's your loss.

I actually follow Nark's twitter feed, Postcard. I have nothing against the man! He's a wealth of information and a great supporter and fan of Saint Louis University.

/leaf, turned.

You probably have to say that as part of your community service. You'd better kiss Steve's ass while you're at it since you've gone off on him in the past as well.